/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

any jscripters?
I want to decrease the width of the tracklist window on the right, but the window is a jscript plugin and idk how to code

this is the jscript
pastebin.com/THP29dzP

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/THP29dzP
gist.github.com/).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

love 50

What kind of relatively cheap laptop would you get for an old person? The only criteria is an IPS screen (they watch movies).

I don't know where else to ask this
I'm graduating in December as CE/EE, when should I start applying for jobs? I've heard like 2 months before graduation but I really need to try and land one as soon as I graduate

Some one give me some good books/resources on C#/.NET development.

I don't mean syntax and stuff like that, I'm already pretty familiar with that and the commonly used parts of the .NET library. I need info on things like unit testing, debugging, tooling, deployment, and other crap that I don't know anything about because I haven't done anything but hit F5 in Visual Studio up to now.

well he's got like 4 good songs
but if we ignore 200 shitty tracks then i love him too

4? you crazy

just my opinion lol
name some good songs of his that aren't on that album
maybe i missed something

Can you help me fix a formatting issue for this unity game that i'm running? Is it possible to do it without the source?

I currently have a desktop with a i5 3570k @ 3.40, with an 770 GPU w/ 2GB. I'm thinking because of minor stuttering in newer games on relatively lower to mid settings, I need to upgrade my old ass CPU. What is recommended as a decent upgrade in terms of cache size, cores, and threads in a CPU regarding gaming and shit

>pastebin.com/THP29dzP
A 2700 line script?
No thx. Ask whoever you got it from

is it worth buying a new CPU now, or waiting for Coffee Lake to be released?

i still bump 50 like religiously i ain't even listen to modern/today's music

the massacre, guess who's back, check his old mixtapes and albums

:(
I thought since it's just width maybe all you have to do is know how to find the width variable or something

and i got it from a 2013 forum post

local disk c keeps filling up on its own
I've deleted a windows update now it says 0 bytes free

what the fuck did I just do

neither do i but that's because i don't listen to music at all desu
this is why i'm trying to fix my player
i need space for a genre column so I don't grow whiskers by the time I find something i want to listen to

I'll look into it. thanks

I've been using Deluge for ages to torrent, but since I've been back home over the summer speeds are slow as hell or torrents don't even work at all.
'm getting pretty ticked off and I just want to finish little witch.
For example, here's my abysmal speeds.

do you get the same speeds with other clients?

What does Sup Forums recommend for a good disk imaging software? Just a simple windows programs or a live USB?
Thanks

I'm using antergos and an R9 380 gpu, what graphics drivers should I use?

what's a recommended client? I always hear about how most of em are sketchy.

easiest way to pirate a copy of Adobe Photoshop?

from what i hear deluge is the recommended client
but i use qtorrent because for some reason i get abysmal speeds with deluge, and i was wondering if you had the same problem

>qtorrent
Alright, I'll give it a try and see what happens.
My family has Time Warner and they've gotten on my brothers asses for torrenting certain things. Can they, like, block connections or anything from torrent clients? Fucking retards were downloading popular movies off piratebay and stuff.

I looked at the first hundred or so lines and it talks about widths but without some inside knowledge of the layout system it's too much to ask of random anons, I think.

Could be a good project to teach yourself the format though.

yeah they can
the standard is 3 warnings by email, and then your isp cuts ties with you.

speeds going much, much better now.
really weird. Seems deluge is just fucky now

OK

i restarted my pc now it says 3.96gb
im sure there's something eating up my hdd

fuckk

well here's something that I found

function on_size() {

ww = window.Width;
wh = window.Height;

if (ww

>click on tab
>tab shows me white loading circle instead of content i left it on to

why does firefox do this and how do i disable this

well you're the only other person i've found who has this issue with deluge since i first posted about it on here 5 years ago
i was hoping you'd figure it out so i could figure it out lol

Is there a better ad blocking extension? uBlock Origin is starting to suck.

listening to the massacre
u rite it ain't bad
it ain't no in da club, but not bad

what sucks about it

Pastebin? Why not twiddle or github or something

sorry
like i said i'm not a coder, i don't know what the protocol is
just tried github but i don't have an account
and googling twiddle pulls up a music service

have wrt64gl laying around, anything useful i could do with it?

can't post on /adv/ with the Sup Forums x extension

are there any websites where I can buy every single key for my 2012 macbook pro (unibody)
they're all really worn out and I'd like to replace all of them

i heard that someone ran DOOM on it

can I get a quick rundown on the changes from Scheme R5RS, Scheme R6RS, and Scheme R7RS

people dislike pastebin now because they have ads and push their bullshit

there's a million paste clones out there, you can use github gist for example (gist.github.com/).

im looking to buy an LGA1366 board for cheap.

since they are all fairly old now, they are expensive. ive checked newegg and ebay (and amazon and buy and tiger direct).

are there any sites that sell this kind of stuff for cheap (like a chinese site that sells old overstock)? or does anyone know of a dirt cheap LGA1366 board that is easy to pick up on ebay?

didn't notice the ads because of adblock
and that link gives me a 404

fuck u

Building a computer, not my first.

When I turn the power on I can see the fans and everything start up, but the CPU or possibly the CPU fan sounds like it's revving up and then dying, the it repeats this. It's not even making it to BIOS and there's no display. I've identified that it's not the ram, ssd, ram slot, or psu. There's no GPU and I even tried a different cpu.

I'm thinking bad motherboard, what do you think?

I've got a refrigerator that has both 45f in the cooler and freezer section. I checked the amp draw of the compressor and I'm getting like 0.6A. Sometimes when I unplug the unit and plug it back in I will get O.L. On my meter, then it will read 7.9 (max rated amperage is 7.0 but I assume it reaches almost 8A because of startup). And then drops to bellow 0A again. What could be causing such high temps out of the blue? Is the compressor shot? Or could it be a bad run relay?

is there a way to get Sup Forums to not loop webms when i open them?

settings has a tick box for that, doesn't it?

I swear it did too, but I'm not seeing it

are u the pajeet who gave me this virus ill kill u motherfucker

yeah, seems to be missing on my end too, weird
I think I even remember changing it before

i found it lol
it's not in global settings, it's when you right click on a webm
and it only toggles the webm that you right click on, not the whole site
but it'll do

hallo this is pajeet please enter the first 6 digits of your social security number

ok now the last 3

ok i see

you need to play us 200$ apple support money please thank you

Why does Nightly get EXTREMELY slow if I leave it open overnight?

ntfs? use imagex to make a .wim
anything else? use tar
forensic purposes? use dcfldd, or ddrescue if it's a dodgy/damaged disk

-- oh, alternatively to tar, also look at squashfs, it supports compression, deduplication, and read-only/random-access mountability

ive tried tons of freeware shit while working in computer repair and the only program that has never fucked me is minitool partition wizard. developers clearly don't speak english as a first language but their shit just works.

I'm on a mac (pls no h8. I'm stranded here so ya know)
my line in on here doesn't work. I've been trying to get it to work but I can't get it to output the sound.
It shows it's receiving the audio but that's about it.

Then there's my switch
>switch>HDMI to VGA> VGA monitor
>audio>audio jack> plugged into my other PC through an aux cord>being routed through a splitter box> stereo
Now with the audio, it's giving me an odd feedback from my game and will do this ONLY on my switch while docked. I was thinking it maybe my HDMI to VGA adapter. I've plugged in the aux to my switch while not docked and it sounds fine. I've tested this with various other devices.

anyone able to help me out?

on android 7.0
Is there an app that will record calls clearly? no root.
the ones I try only record my voice. the incoming callers voice you can barely hear it and is not understandable with hissing.
on the few apps I have tried.

well, i'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish or what kind of case you plan to work in, but there's a plethora of old supermicro boards supporting dual xeon 5500/5600's on ebay for $40-50, like x8dtu-f and company. full disclosure: most have a stupid proprietary form factor that requires you to have a case that supports eatx boards (with an extra inch or two to spare for good measure). you might have to jury rig the standoffs, but the boards work great in my experience. just don't count on IRST support on windows 10 if you're running some RAID shit.

if you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the ram, ssd and psu aren't the culprits, your only remaining options are to swap the board or to swap the processor. it would help to know:

1. whats your motherboard model?
2. are you getting any error or beep codes right now when you try to post?

yeah ive seen them recommended a bunch. i actually already grabbed a dell t3500 board (then an original case so i didnt have to deal with it not fitting in an aftermarket case and it has the front panel board).

the super micro boards look to be even more of a hassle as far as getting a chassis and power handled. im not allergic to modifications, but i dont even have a soldering iron should i need to change the wiring layout for the 24pin power or something.

im hoping the dell board cooperates with my other off-the-shelf shit (psu, gpu, cpu, ram) and that ends up being the solution. - ideally id be able to get a consumer board though, and be confident that it would all work.

what is the process for rewiring the 24pin power? iirc the dell board i have does not need to be rewired, but having that info would be helpful.

Is possible use openbox but with XFCE4 applications? like the theme manager ans sharing the default applications ( terminal, web browser,etc )

i dont know who you've been dealing with, but the industry standard (until early this year) was a six strikes rule called the copyright alert system. after the six strikes were up, supposedly your ISP provides no more protection for your activities and allows big brother to snoop, and prosecute you, uninhibited. not to say that your ISP's complicity was a boon to begin with, but their willingness to turn you over certainly doesn't help. i dont know that many people ever lost service because they were served copyright infringement notices repeatedly, though.

Idk, i'm just reporting what i heard from someone on Sup Forums who reportedly worked with various isps.
why up until this year tho?
what changed?

yeah, getting the board with its matching case will make life much simpler.

what are you referring to regarding rewiring the 24 pin power? you mean you've got a 24 pin cable from your psu and you're trying to adapt it to fit the 20 pins accepted on your board?

if so, no rewiring necessary. just pick up a 24 pin to 20 pin adapter from amazon.

i've personally used the one from startech in a build like this and it works just fine, nothing janky about it besides how it looks.

the powers at be finally reviewed the statistics and determined that not only did the six strikes rule not stem the tide of piracy, it actually saw a consistent increase in the rate of piracy up until the present day.

there's still a fair amount of debate about whether the plan was flawed from the onset (it was) or if ISPs just implemented it poorly (they did). many (most?) ISPs are now withdrawing from the voluntary agreement in light of the data available.

no, i meant that these proprietary board sometimes have a different pin layout for the 20 or 24 pins. sometimes there are adapters that move the cables around for you, but i had also read that sometimes it is required that you rearrange the wiring in the 20 or 24 pin harness coming from the psu so that it connects to the proper pins on the motherboard. i believe its a non issue for the board im using though.

is this the SUPER QT thread?

no

A user dropped an x230 onto a table, now it fully powers down and restarts when it gets to the Windows loading screen.
Safe mode gets through but I can't tell whats wrong. Any ideas?

i work at unity whats the issue

Oh! My bad, I didn't read the op properly. Byee~

so what are they doing now?

hdd is fucked? replace it and see if that works. this would cause problems with wherever on the drive took damage. that means the normal boot process may have fucked up sectors, but safe mode may not have to read from those sectors.

thermals might be fucked if the heatsink was knocked loose or the fan is fucked. this would cause it to overheat and fail pretty consistently. - you can run a program to get readouts on the temps in safe mode.

my hunch is that its the hdd though.

oh, i gotcha. ive never used a board with proprietary pinouts before so i couldn't tell you how to rewire them, but looking at your board, i think it's a standard atx 24 pin, so you should be fine.

i would say your only concern might be the apparent lack of standard 3/4 pin fan headers on the motherboard if you plan to use a heatsink with a fan of some sort. its hard to tell from the pictures and diagrams, but all the headers i see are proprietary dell shit.

Make an account on linkedin > create a great cv >
connect on linkedin with HR's and Recruiters.
When they are starting hunting they will conntact you.

yeah i guess ill cross that bridge when i come to it. i have read a bit from users in the past that have done similar so it should be OK.

im not even sure its going to accept an aftermarket cooler, so i grabbed the original cooler from ebay as well. i may slap a fan on it to improve its heat dissipation.

ill probably just wire up fans to molex power if necessary. i had read that the mobo bitches when the dell fans arent attached, so i will decide later if its worth getting new/original fans.

thanks for the feedback.

nothing that im aware of. there was talk of adopting a canadian meme law but i dont know what, if anything, came of it.

i think most ISPs are just throttling or denying service to certain websites as they see fit now. i've personally gotten three warnings from spectrum and haven't seen any change.

my pleasure.

if you decide to ghetto rig it down the line, get a 92mm noctua or two and zip tie those bitches right to the heatsink. works better than you'd expect.

best of luck with your build.

is my hard drive fucked? i've had it for 5 years and abused the fuck out of it. is there a tech support general?

have you moved your hard drives around inside your case, booted from a different (new) drive, or cloned/imaged your OS recently?

a lot of different conditions can require a chkdsk at startup. did you blue screen to restart, or did this just happen all of the sudden?

I have a button on pic related that does not work when you press it
how can i make it work without pressing it?
thx Sup Forums, love you always

i had gotten blue screen of death twice that day. i don't think this was after a blue screen, but it was right after my computer crashed.

no to all your questions. i've formatted the disk upwards of 20 times and abused it in other ways.

if you can boot into your OS or move the hard drive to another working desktop, immediately check the SMART values using crystaldiskinfo or the like.

minimize the power-on time by skipping disk checking whenever possible, because if your hard drive is dying, then every second its on is another second closer you are to your data becoming (practically) unrecoverable.

Looking at learning an old language (such as cobol) to increase my skillset, and get mega bux maintaining legacy programs. What other ones other than cobol are recommended? And how difficult is cobol to learn (already know armv7 assembly and java)

I cloned the hdd to an ssd, still happens.
Temps seem fine on hwinfo, and the heatsink on the fan is getting hot.

not the same person you replied to, but if your hdd suffered physical damage then it wouldnt matter if you cloned it to an ssd, youre cloning fucked sectors whose data will look just as corrupted no matter how many times you clone them or to what.

i'm currently on the computer that's using the hard drive. i guess i'll check out the SMART value stuff.

let me know how reallocated, pending and uncorrectable sectors look. also whats the drive temp?

this. you need to do a fresh install.

laptops get uncomfortable hot, so as long as the software says the temps are ok then youre probably ok. check in the bios and watch temps there too. or try running a benchmark of some sort in safe mode to try and heat it up more than just idling.

perl

Would it be safe to assume the sectors are fine if the bad sector diagnostic tool in the bios detects nothing?
At this point I'm assuming something is wrong with the mainboard and I'm just going to have to get a replacement.

dont trust OEM bios tools, run the drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility from a live cd or bootable flash drive to be proof positive. if possible, run the manufacturer's tool with the hard drive inside a different, known working system to eliminate the possibility of mainboard problems.

drive temp is 38C. gonna install that program now.

whats a good fake phone number app for making youtube accounts with?

health status: good
temp: 38C
reallocated: current: 100 worst: 100 threshold: 36 raw values:

pending: current: 100 worst: 100 threshold: 0

uncorrectable: current: 100 worst: 100 threshold 0