Hey Sup Forums, I picked up a nice 26 inches LCD TV from my workplace...

Hey Sup Forums, I picked up a nice 26 inches LCD TV from my workplace, since they were going to throw it in the garbage (fuse blew up, so they thought it was broken).
Now the problem is, it has no brand (and I looked online for the serial number and it shows up nothing), I have no remote and it only has the power, channel up and down buttons. I've tried several brands on the SURE remote app and some buttons from a Sony Bravia and an UMC work, but they're all scrambled, and not all of them work. Actually, I got audio and source buttons, so now I only need the OK button to apply the source, since I'll be using this TV for consoles only.
Do you know of a way to get the brand of the TV, or an app that automatically cycles through remote codes? I don't feel like buying a universal remote just to find that it doesn't work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=olfkQNYEOao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>and I looked online for the serial number and it shows up nothing

Since the serial is one of a kind, I'd expect that. Search for the part number instead. If still nothing, try searching the part number of the circuit board, to see if you can find what TVs it was used on.

Yeah, I thought I'd do that, but wanted to confirm before opening it.

Don't you need to replace the fuse anyway?

It was the plug fuse. How do you think I already tested some remotes?

Just post a photo of the label on the back. It should have some info on it that we can use.

give it back, Jayquan.

Would be cool if you were able to, since I don't have the screwdriver for it right now.
It was already on the electronics pile and we're free to bring stuff. I've got around 12 HDDs and 3 working computers from it.

Bumping with the menu screen. Hope it helps.

>literally nothing on google
welp
It'll be some fly-by-night chinese job, probably has some generic integrated driver. Just keep trying random brands on SURE.

Problem is it will take ages.
Since I have a small TV I brought before and got it working, do you think I would be able to get the board of that one and attach it to the screen of this one? Or does it need special configuration?

Well, considering universal remotes are like 10 bucks, you can just return it if it doesn't work, it's not like you're gambling a whole lot..

But let me give you some advice.

Try finding a remote with extensive RCA/Hisense/Element support. Hisense is a Chinese company that has made a shit load of components and sets for other brands (that I mentioned) and their own brand. You'll be surprised how frequently the remote set-up is shared between those TVs.

If your TV has a menu that looks like pic related, you're probably running some Hisense derivative.

>plug fuse

Oh, britbong

Took a look at the model name
>wasted 2mb of mobile data
And one of the results was of some Bauer TV brand. Searching without the "UR" gives me some more links about Bauer, and finally searching for "Bauer TV" gives me very similar model names, like
>DUR23641F
>DUR21631F
And also Bauer seems to be a britbong only brand, I think that's it

I highly doubt that swapping controllers would work, LCD panels depend on very strict timing and other configuration parameters, not to mention the wiring. You are probably best to just set it to an external input and leave it there.

Maybe I'll do that, then. The menu is different Yeah, britbongs are quite smart by doing that shit. Plugs become gigantic tho.
I've found that before and no Bauer remote works.
Yeah, would be too good to be true if it worked so simply...

Do you have anyone that can lend you an universal remote? I can't find any other brand with that model naming scheme, has to be a Bauer code you haven't tried yet.

No, I don't. Maybe SURE doesn't have it in their database. Guess I'll try other apps.

Aussie here, the menu looks like a Viano brand TV from here, aka rebranded Chinese generic, gl finding anything for it

Only one remote available. Doesn't work.

>fuse blew up, so they thought it was broken
yeah ok but why did the fuse blew? maybe there is another issue with it.

Congratulations on your new burner television, OP

Brits are different, god know why.
>tfw so tinfoil you scrap TVs instead of buying one

>I don't feel like buying a universal remote just to find that it doesn't work.

Just... return it?

See, I come from a country where you can't just return things because it didn't work with your device.

>you can't just return things because it didn't work

That's literally the entire point of returning things.

Bullshit

Thanks for ommiting the "with your device" part. It's like buying an HDMI cable when you need a USB cable. Your fault.

As luck would have it, when I was working retail I had people returning usb cables because they mistakenly thought they were hdmi.
Must suck not to live in the EU, huh?

Welcome to Portugal.
ayy lmao dumbfucks!

>Welcome to Portugal

A sério? Não esperavas esta pois não?
I worked at Worten user, I had people return wrong cables some times, as long as you don't fuck up the packaging too much you're good to go.

build one with arduino
>5$ arduino
>.99$ Infrared emitter led(or just take the one from an existing remote)
>1$ cables

#somostodostugas

#tamojunto

#salvadorsobral

vejam o nic cage a bater em mulheres. Boas férias piços

youtube.com/watch?v=olfkQNYEOao

Yeah, too bad that never happened to me and now I'm in England.

>Welcome to Portugal
We have this stupid policy on Brazil too, thanks.