Facebook's War on Ad Blocking

Facebook has updated itself to be incompatible with ad blockers. Are there any current work-arounds, or do I just need to finally make the switch to Mind or a similar social network?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Permanently-Delete-a-Facebook-Account
github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
stallman.org/facebook.html
veekaybee.github.io/facebook-is-collecting-this/
aaai.org/ocs/index.php/ICWSM/ICWSM13/paper/viewFile/6093/6350)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>using fb

If you still haven't dropped Facebook now is your chance to try.

>Are there any current work-arounds
it's still experimental, but quitting the browser should work

it was odd for me bc i mainly use fb for messenger and i usually just go on the messenger website and it just goes blank. fb works fine with adblock tho

the fuck are you talking about? using ublock plus i see no ads and am using fb without any problem

is this just bait to see how many anons use fb?

The fuck are you talking about. Facebook works fine with adblock enabled.

Best workaround is to not use facebook. 100% success rate

Professional tip: don't use Fecalbook

>facebook
Kill yourself, faggot.

apparently you can use bitlbee which is an irc to chat gateway that works with facebook, i havent tried it but will soon...

If you're that reliant on fb, use fbpurity. Honestly, deleting your account is the superior option though.

>War on Ad Blocking
Why are normalfag OP's adopting clickbait techniques?
Kill yourself you fucking baitfag.

I don't think this is Facebook trying to break compatibility with Adblock, it seems more likely that one of the ublock origin lists is a little overzealous

Facebook Purity extension
Also update your uBO filters

how could anyone on this board know

>facebook

It's all speculation of course, it just seems unlikely that facebook would target users of adblock. Most of facebooks ads aren't really blockable, since they're disguised as social media posts. If they annoy people who use adblock, that will only cause people to be more aware of their advertisement, which completely defeats the point of social media advertising.

>ublock plus

Download messenger for desktop. It's actually open source.
As for their webpage it works fine with uBlock Origin. Make sure you select red marked ones on pic related which will circumvent any anti-adblocking.

>facebook
What are you doing bro, even the normiest of normies don't use that garbage anymore.

Forgot pic

ublock origin works fine

off yourself

>all these facebook fags
Good job on exposing all these faggots OP

when these anons shit talk facebook to fit in the Sup Forums crowd

whats new?

Oh no, an anonymous neckbeard called me a fag online. I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I hope you will and I hope you die in your sleep

dubs confirmed his death

>I'm 12 and I haven't worked out shitposting yet.

Come back in 6 years buddy.

>when nu internet uses use when at the beginning of their posts unironically

>reddit speaks

stop using FB user, it's poison for your mind

drop Facebook, it feels really good

>he still uses Kikebook
What is this 2010?

>kikebook
>kike

and reported

sup reddit

I talked to my ex and my family on it. They refuse to use anything else.

>not using Facebook
Do you have less than 2 friends and no people to talk to?

if you use facebook for friends you likely never talk with anyone in real life

>openly saying that you're a normie
People should be banned for this.

I have a phone to talk to friends. Kill yourself.

Does DNS level ad blocking not work?

You need to go back

Kids these days insist on using facebook messenger. Neither of my 2 friends use it so it doesn't really matter to me.

What is texting
>hey man wanna hang out?
>sure, when?
Done no need for fb

troll somewhere else retard

>texting
Outdated. Instant messaging is superior in every way.

of course there is
wikihow.com/Permanently-Delete-a-Facebook-Account

t. autists with no friends

github.com/StevenBlack/hosts

try trolling reddit you worthless retard

The only thing instant messaging is good for is generating informational noise.

Fast and stable internet connection devalued information.

I use VKontakte (:

>truth = trolling, because I don't like it :(
You should get out of your basement more often.

People had friends before facebook you dumb fag, you could use literally anything else to talk to your friends and family including your smartphone. You might go on facebook to make friends or find old friends but you do not need it to talk to them.

> (You)
People had friends before electronic devices you dumb fag, you could use literally anything else to talk to your friends and family including writing them letters. You might use phones to make friends or find old friends but you do not need it to talk to them.

>hurr durr fuck facebook
I use messanger to talk with my family overseas and to arrange hanging out with my friends. It's standardized and easy to use compared to trying to name text groups that rely on service/carriers. Wifi is more universal than phone data. I can't call my family across the Pacific Ocean easily, but I can send a message on Facebook. Get over yourselves. Fb is the future, quit hating progress

The truth is that you are a faggot and you will try to deny it because you don't like the truth

I don't care what you use it for. You're literally what's wrong with society today.

It's like the 4th time they say this, and I still continue not seeing any ads at all.

>Do you have less than 2 friends and no people to talk to?
Yes.

I don't get adds

use messenger with a phone number. you can talk to people who are on fb without actually having one

They use it to show people products and stuff to make them buy it.

No, I just use my mouth instead of the keyboard to talk to them.

Just get off the botnet train now.

I DON'T GET THEN FUCK FACE, HOE!

Instant messengers can be used to call people.

You're still registered onto their servers. That's basically having an fb account since people use it for communication almost exclusively anyways.

>I-IH-IT'S THE F-FUTURE!!!
pic related is you rn

Get a load of this guy over here.

>facebook messenger
Only grandmas use it nowadays.

>I don't have a facebook account

Enjoy being unemployable due to no social media presence (aka having something to hide).

Maybe in meme countries.

/thread

seriously, I can't believe how many bluepilled normies are around on Sup Forums nowadays

stallman.org/facebook.html
veekaybee.github.io/facebook-is-collecting-this/

It's time you dropped it, as if making even the best computer lag when used on any browser and halving the battery life on any phone wasnt enough, now they have to go full botnet? Yeah no, drop that shit nigga

YOU'RE NOT NORMAL IF YOU DON'T HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT

JUST. GET. A FUCKING. FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.
STOP BEING AFRAID THAT THEY'LL USE YOUR DATA. STOP BEING PARANOID OVER STUPID SHIT. JUST. GET. ONE.

My friends all have slack, there's a slack team for my University department, and I run a slack room for each class I teach.

Facebook is useless.

Our company's policy forbids using our real names in social media(in case we fuck up somewhere and that could be traced back to the company and spoil its reputation).

It sounds like you go to some school shooter school LMAO
Just use Facebook messenger already, it's way better compared to anything out there

YOU LITERALLY HAVE NO REASON TO NOT GET A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. IT'S REVOLUTIONARY. IT'LL CHANGE THE WAY WE SOCIALIZE WITH OTHER PEOPLE.

GET ONE. NOW.

>facebook
Where do you think we are?

>veekaybee.github.io/facebook-is-collecting-this/
lel

>Facebook data collection potentially begins before you press “POST”. As you are crafting your message, Facebook collects your keystrokes.

>Facebook has previously used to use this data to study self-censorship (PDF aaai.org/ocs/index.php/ICWSM/ICWSM13/paper/viewFile/6093/6350)

No, it's really not. You can't admin at all.

I have determined a strong correlation between social media use and depression or paranoia. Every last person I know who uses facebook is in some state of mental breakdown comparable to my uncle's last conscious days before succumbing to spinal cancer. At the same time every person NOT on facebook has a far better grasp on their place in the ever expanding universe, the health benefits are comparable to eating your veggies and a daily ten-mile jog.

>messanger
You know there are dozens of these apps out there right? All of my friends use Line.
Funny because 2 years ago about 40 of my friends had facebook account, now only around 20.

I'M FUCKING SERIOUS, user. JUST. GET. A FACEBOOK. ACCOUNT. IT'S THAT SIMPLE AND THAT EASY.

>Just use Facebook messenger already, it's way better compared to anything out there

Nobody is saying that, but it's pretty much a standard since everyone uses an IM of personal preference
>Wire
>WhatsApp
>Viber
>Signal
>etc.
And yet everyone is on Facebook. So instead of having to force 100% of people to use your IM you can also use Facebook's IM, which is what majority of people do.

They won't take your data if you don't give them any. All you need to give is your name, which is reasonable in this case.

I wouldn't say it's way better than everything. It just happens to be what the majority uses, but there are better alternatives.

No matter how hard I tr I can't get 1 add on facebook, you guys must be cucks.

>Facebook
Don't get used by that shit, nigga.

YOU WOULDN'T WANT ME TO UNLEASH THE INNER ANGER WITHIN ME, RIGHT, user?
LOTS OF PEOPLE USE FACEBOOK. IT'S THE NORM.

JUST. GET. A FUCKING. FACEBOOK. ACCOUNT.

You should not be using faceshit in the first place.
Also you don't belong to Sup Forums you fucking fat sack of shit.

Why is my 64bit firefox with ublock origin working then? No ads.

>doesn't have a facebook account
>claims to have friends

I SWEAR TO CHRIST user IF YOU DON'T GET A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT I ***WILL*** KILL MYSELF

JUST. FUCKING. DO IT.