/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!

IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner, git.teknik.io/eti/netrunner
Github: github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner

>TODO:
- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.
12. Optionally add parser forHTML, DJVU, PDF, epub, etc.?

FEATURES

- Options by site.
- Granular control over incoming traffic like Policeman (more detailed than uMatrix).
- Granular control over outgoing traffic like Tamper Data or like Privacy Settings (the addon).
- HTTPS with the HTTP fallback optionally in a new instance of the browser with functions like HTTP POST disabled.
- URI leak prevention like "No Resource URI Leak" and no plugin enumeration.
- Local CDN like Decentraleyes and Load from Cache.
- Cookie management like Cookie Monster.
- Option to turn off disk usage for all data (cache, tmp data, cookies, logs, etc.), and make cache read only.
- Randomizer for user-agent and canvas fingerprint.
- Custom stylesheets like Stylish.
- Userscript support like Greasemonkey.
- Proxy management like FoxyProxy.
- Simple ports routing to use networks like Tor or I2P.
- Simple switch to universal profiles to be used like blocklists from uBlock, or like Privacy Settings.
- A configuration file like Lynx for universal profiles.
- URL deobfuscation like "Google search link fix" and "Pure URL".
- Search customization like surfraw, dwb or InstantFox Quick Search.
- Reverse image search like Google Reverse Image Search.
- Use of external applications to open links, replacing video player with youtube-dl and MPV, for text input by a text editor, browse protocols like ftp/gopher, or as a file picker.
- Use wget web crawling feature like a DownThemAll.
- Send commands to a monitor (and command history) to keep browsing while commands are working.
- Simple emacs-like keybindings to menubar by default for new users.
- Keyboard driven with dwb features like vi-like keybindings, hints, quickmarks, and custom commands.
- Configuration options from an integrated command-line.
- Non-bloated smooth UI like dwb.
- Import bookmarks from browsers like Firefox.
- Written in C.
- Low on dependencies.
- GPL v3+.
- Framebuffer support like NetSurf for working in the terminal (TTY).
- Actual javascript support so we can lurk and post in Sup Forums.

FAQ

For users:
>Will it have an adblocker.
Yes.
>Will it have tree style tabs?
Yes, but not up in the priorities.
>Will it be crossplatform?
Already is.
>Will it it have vim keys?
Yes.
>Will it have "graphics"?
Yes. We are planning to run the program in terminal using the frame buffer for graphics, but Links2 also comes with directfb, X server, SVGA and other graphics drivers.
>What logo are you going to use?
We liked all so far.

For developers:
>Are repos representing the finished work?
No. We're focused on making a custom codebase then we're going to go back with what we learned and rearchitect it.
>Why not a single repo?
Developers are experimenting. We plan on moving to savannah.nongnu.org eventually.
>Where do I get a repo to work?
Look at the OP or ask in the IRC.
>Why links2?
Enough features and the API seems more friendly.
>Why not netsurf?
Good rendering but not for DOM updates, plus dependencies gave problems.
>Will you use a separate javascript engine?
We're debating this.
>Will you use a separate layout engine?
We're debating this.
>Will you use netsurf layout engine?
Might be a problem because of the DOM (not enough information).
>Will you use webkit/blink/servo?
No.
>Do you plan to use a separate HTML parser like MyHTML
We are debating this. Some devs plan to make it work as a document viewer too.

>literally drop out of Sup Forums for 2 weeks
>this faggot is still at it
>no real source code has been written to date

lmao

/thread

Progress

EOF

>NTR

i can make the logo

Chrome is dead, you can stop pretending you are not butthurt pajeet. Netrunner LIVES!

u done yet?

>NTR
Buncha cucks

What language is it in, C? I cant look at the resources in the OP for a few hours

What do you expect for a thread populated by 4 circlejerking 'idea guys'?

>ignoring the github/teknik/github link in the OP on purpose
You can stop pretending, fag.

>gitgud
like no code commits
>teknik
one doesn't even exist, other is shit
>github
last commit 3 weeks ago

>implying
>implying
>implying
Stop pretending faggot

/wgd/ got you cover

So I was half-away lately, what's been done since the first thread? This looks awesome but it also looks like a lot of work and I'm lazy

simple and minimal. nice

What has been done so far?

pic related

Is that a clever way to say that nothing has been done?

Making a "good" web browser is literally impossible.
A browser is useless unless it can show the webpages the user wants to see. Web technology today is a cancerous, bloated mess but your browser has to be able to display it. So either you implement all the cancer and websites work and your browser is a bloated mess like all others or you create a clean, minimal browser and no modern websites render in it. Either way you fail.

OP was lazy and chrome shitposting squad made last two threads. Couldn't see anything else.

>there are now 37 competing browsers that don't work
>logo is shitty moonmememan because the Sup Forumstards that have overrun the site are devoid of actual creativity and just like rehashing old content a 100 million times
Also, $20 says this is just more larpfaggotry like the Pepe Liberator rifle on /k/, especially with the part about adding fucking JS support to links2.

>especially with the part about adding fucking JS support to links2.
I would be using lynx everywhere if javascript wasn't mandatory to browse the web.

why not just fork chromium and go from there

Just stop with your chrome fagottry

this is awful no material shit

Shitty browser that will never achieve anything

make it in electron :^)

(you)
(you)

Get that shit off of github and I am in.

taking bets on how long before they get bored and return to jerking off Mia Kafilia or whatever that bitch that /pol fags love.

Calm your autism, it's just a mirror.

Will I be able to compile it for ARM? and is it all FOSS?

Godspeed anons
Sup Forums is doing good shit with mpv, cloveros and now hopefully an uncucked browser

>don't follow project for a little while
>come back, see a general for it and all, noice
>time to get ourselves a good browser
>check progress, look at repos, nothing really
>concern.jpg
>lurk in thread for a day or two
>it's all shitposting, some faggots pushing chromium, people arguing over whether anything will ever get done, people asking about progress, people wishing luck (as if anything was underway)
Fuck, please tell me the other threads are/were more constructive? I really want this browser, but right now it looks like a dead meme.

>he really believes Sup Forums can create a usable web browser
how fucking clueless can you be

This, just use Chrome

What's something that's like the Chrome you keep recommending but doesn't use the chromium UI, because I can't stand it

install chrome

Does it still use regex for parsing HTML?

stop posting

Get with the times, nerd.

Not sure about the /nrg/ threads but /cosg/ is pretty good for the most part, with the occasional off-topic post, but it's alright

cosg isn't making a browser though

I can just install gentoo

mpv has nothing to do with Sup Forums though

>shitty chromelike interface

inb4 this turns out like a Tox IP botnet

>Doesn't look at links
It's literally unmodified links source code, a README and nothing else

you retards still parsing HTML with regex?

>Mia Kafilia
>Kafilia

Developers don't publish updates but they exist, also they go to the IRC

All FOSS and I hope ARM is on the plans

Cheers m8

testing

I really like this one.

Shame it won't be used since no one is working on Neetrunner.

fuck chrome

>Literally no progress is being made on netrunner
>Netsurf will be fully usable by next summer and neetrunner won't even be out of pre-alpha.

Great, make NetSurf happen, fuck chrome.

Been away from Sup Forums for a little bit. What benefits would this browser have... other than forcing me to explain why moon man is on my desktop?

>
and the moonman logo

Better adblocking, can be used on the terminal without a graphical server (Unix), lots of security improvements, and everything while being lightweight

>lots of security improvements
top fucking kek

install
chrome
has
revolutionary
omega
multiprocess
exploration

k

So basically, everything you could get from netsurf behind a good firewall? JFC, anons, this project has no point. Mark all issues "WONTFIX" and abandon ship.

So I would assume there are a few pajeets hired by x big software company to shill x big software company products on popular websites and try and discredit anything that could take away from x big company profits?

I will support this product as long as it doesn't chronicle my history in an online database, lets me make a meme start neet starpage, and doesn't mark down my hardware and stuff then send it to headquarters for reasons or at least gives me the option to not sign up for that.

From the first threads many anons asked this.

Please stop. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

>So I would assume there are a few pajeets hired by x big software company to shill x big software company products on popular websites and try and discredit anything that could take away from x big company profits?
if you're implying that this is what's going in this thread then you're either very ignorant about software development or mentally ill

That part of the post was a joke. I am a very funny person and my jokes make a lot of people laugh. Maybe you didn't catch it? I thought I made it obvious enough based on my wording that the first sentence was a joke. Especially based on my using the word "pajeet" and the repeating of the phrase "x big software company"

haha right, humour is funny

You stop posting mr. chrome

Modern browsers are unmaintainable shit, prove me wrong

this one not though