This is why macOS is the greatest operating system in the world

>This is why macOS is the greatest operating system in the world.

streamable.com/xj129

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vfj5KjAm-LE
purl.stanford.edu/tf565pz4260
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh my goodness, no.

Windows and Linux have had this for years.

They won't automatically move other windows to make sure they're not hidden though. That's actually pretty neat.

Its to late for me im finished and wont ever be able to test that cute os in my life

i3-gaps has me under control :(

You must be confused here, Windows does the same thing

I just tried it. Windows will pop up a window switcher to allow you to a select another window to tile beside it, but it won't automatically move existing windows out of the way.

Not him, but I wouldn't want that behaviour by default anyway. As an option sure.

Can macOS do quarter split now? I couldn't a while ago. And I could never use shortcuts, I had to use the trackpad which was idiotic.

for such a great operating system its a shame you can't properly convert your videos into a webm

>some bloat no one needs
every addition to OS X since Snow Leopard or maybe Tiger was a mistake

Why can't I do this on Sierra?

Windoze is a piece of shit lmao

Uh you can convert to WebM in a browser, dipshit.

I just didn't know if 4chin supports 60p WebM's.

Not all applications will support it. They have to be written with the new strings starting from El Capitan.

Open Safari, and hold down on the "Full Screen" button and it should work.

I also use BetterSnapTool and in conjunction with this and Expose it's amazing.

Winlel just can't compete desu.

>fagos

>mactoddlers are technology illiter troglodytes that are too dumb to understand even the most basic settings

I aint even surprised. I don't even use Windows and I found the setting on my roommate's laptop in 20 seconds.

>Thinking the WinLEL version is any good/usable or better looking.

You do know Expose has been here since 2004 right you fucking fat fuck?

Microshit was literally on Winshit XP back then while OS X was killing the game.

Microshit keeps copying Apple and it's like a bad copy, sprinkled with aids, at best.

>Not all applications will support it. They have to be written with the new strings starting from El Capitan.

You seem poor and angry.

Best OS

I've never had a Mac. I use Windows and Lunix. Just never knew it was an option, because I rarely go looking for new features since I just get used to the same old workflow.

Thanks for pointing it out though, gonna try it now :)

>this is what mactoddler subhumans actually believe

>CNN
lol

>OSX
>CNN
>Wall Street Journal
>Google

Literal fucking brainwashed

youtube.com/watch?v=vfj5KjAm-LE

nice!

MacToddlers confirmed for mentally immature enough to not have developed object permanence.

Thinking that would be pretty dope on a 27" Retina.

(OP)
>we proudly introduce the new way of stacking windows
>we call it...
>smart iSnap pro (64Gb gold)
>this feature will cost 1299$ and will be avalible on all apple computers running high sierra
>*audience claps*

Lmao, winshit has had this since fucking vista.
Even 9/10 gnoo loonix DEs have this feature by default.

Big MacOS is catching up now, it's just that it's still 8 years behind.

But can you play Tetris while installing Mac OS X?

Didn't think so. Check and mate.

Why do I think it's ugly? It has this horrible gnome look to it.

"We proudly introduce you a new majestic revolutionary never done before multi tasking that's going to dramatically improve your life and return your wife that took your children and your money and left because you didn't care enough about her"

If I remember properly, even OpenBox can do that. OP is a fag.

You, like many other retards in the thread, missed the subtly different behavior in OP's image. Notice how when you snap your window, the window beneath it stays where it is, rather than moving off to the side so it isn't obscured by your now-tiled window?

Before or after sending all your data to an Indian server farm?

>t. Lelnux Subhuman virgin

That looks horrible and buggy.

Just because it can do something, doesn't mean it can do it well.

Also macOS is a mainstream OS with actual software support, not fucking GIMP and OfficeLibre.

Go kys

ok Steve

I can think of many reasons I love macOS, but having Aero Snap?

Biggest annoyance for me right now is I want a new lappie and I'm stuck between shit overpriced hardware with a good OS (Mac) or shit overpriced OS with good hardware (PC)

>t. homOSeX subhuman with a black cock in ass

>reddit spacing
you have to go back to your apple safe space

This is retarded. I don't want it to be decided by os, only i should decide how windows should be arranged.

Oh, then Tell me anyone that still uses a Mac-anything from that time.
I see a lot of People in small Businesses using XP because it is Familiar and Reliable.

Here is the great irony of the whole reddit-spacing thing. It's actually Sup Forums spacing. It predates reddit and was used on Sup Forums first. You guys are literally too young to actually know this and the userbase has grown quite rapidly during your time, enough to drown out old memes. Your generation is not actually conscious. You are entirely unaware of the real history because you were not there for it, so you look to Reddit, which actually inherited it from Sup Forums, and you confuse where it came from with where you are seeing it now.

It would be like going to America, eating spaghetti, going to Italy, eating spaghetti, and then saying "lul American cuisine". You are all confused children and just do not really know what you are talking about or even understand where things come from.

But the spacing itself was born from Sup Forums, largely because of how poorly walls of text display and because it was easier to read that way. If you doubt this, just take a look at the Stanford Sup Forums archives from 2008. purl.stanford.edu/tf565pz4260

While yes, Reddit existed in 2006, but no one from that time period would have used it. Meanwhile, Sup Forums had existed for several years at that point and the spacing convention had already been adopted. You guys were just not there, I was. I can prove this if I go through that archive, find my old tripcode, and show that spacing convention in use even then.

>caught redditor homosexual operating system user trying to defend himself

install macos on pc you retard

tfw High Sierra does no longer have that feature

>t. has never been laid (mom stroking cock doesn't count)

>implying taking a black cock in ass is something to be proud of and calling other virgins

>what is hackintosh
fucking summer cancer

>fagintosh
fucking summer cancer

>he wants his os to break with every update and not be able to use iMessage/facetime/icloud drive/etc

Ok, just so anyone isn't confused around here:

macOS puts windows side by side on fullscreen on a different space. Meaning there's no window borders or anything in the way. You can also rearrange which window is left and right by just simply moving it a bit, it will set itself automagically.

Windows can't do that. You will have to set the taskbar to hide itself and the borders on windows will still remain. Only on Windows 10 it will show the rest of the windows you have on the opposite side. You will have to drag the window again all the way to the corner of the opposite side if you want to snap it, and set up the other one again.

And on linux, well. It's a mess, because there's not a single DE currently that does it, I see how it would work but it would require some setting up that no one is willing to do in the first place if they just want a comfortable experience.

Hope that cleared it up.

>Implying knowing things about black cocks doesn't make him a faggot.

Is there a way to group application's windows using alt-tab in Windows 10 like it is done in Gnome 3/Unity/OSX? Literally the most annoying thing.

Windows + tab I think

I don't use that worthless piece of trash OS so I don't know exactly, I just recall it having a way to open the task view thing without clicking on that retarded looking button on the taskbar

its a well known fact that apple will bundle a nigger with your purchase of a mac to fuck your ass to get the full premium apple experience
the mac-nigger™ is also sent to your house if you login to any apple service with a hackintosh to make the mac experience more realistic

If you like fullscreen, I guess. I've never really cared for it. Still my preferred OS, though.

also i know this because i visited my nearest apple store and they told about this when i was about to buy the new macbook pro
when they told this to me i was like what the fuck is this and refused to buy the fisherprice toy as a straight man and the salesman was very confused and said that 99.99% of the people who bought it were very satisfied with the mandatory mac-nigger™

You seem angry and poor enough not to be able to afford an Apple computer.

rofl

>OSX
>CNN
>Wall Street Journal
goy overload

sorry but no i own a workstation worth more than a mac, i was very interested in the macbook pro until i heard this in the apple store, thats when i started disliking apple for their lgbt forcing and now i know why mac users are homosexuals

No, it just exposes all opened windows and desktops.

Oh I got it mixed with something else.

It's unfortunate really. Windows is nowadays the worst OS of them all with only games as its saving grace.

You seem to type a lot about homosexuality.

I feel as if you're a very repressed homosexual. Have you come out of the closet yet?

you're the retard who argues for personal preference over actual feature.

I have to use Windows now and I really miss fullscreen shite. I can get used to switching desktops with a keyboard shortcut but come the fuck on

Also OP, can finder rearrange icons on icon views when resizing finder windows?

Whoops

>indian english

>He doesn't know how to make his OS not break with every update or use a custom UUID so he can use iMessage/facetime/icloud drive (which works anyways) without it/etc

Out of curiosity, how hard is it to understand what I just posted? I'm not indian but I can take some criticism.

I'm talking about the fact that if you resize an explorer window on Windows or pretty much any file manager window on Linux, icons rearrange automatically so you don't have to scroll horizontally to see all of them in the event that you might just want to make the window smaller.

I used macOS for quite some time and I could not figure out how to make that work the same. The only workaround is to make scrollbars always visible to at least "notice" that there are more elements in a folder. A lot of people complain about not being able to see hidden items without using the terminal but that's easy to figure out, there's a keyboard shortcut for it.

>mfw DE pleb is trying to impress me with tiling
oh sweetie

>tripfag defending reddit spacing

I couldn't disable that fast enough on win

>applications have to be written with special strings to do something so basic
>somebody points this out
>you seem poor and angry
I can't get over macfags, this is gold

>Doesn't understand what an SDK is on a platform

Kys noob faggot

>waah why doesn't windows have this feature
>someone shows windows having the feature
>waah why does windows keep copying features

Not true. Depending on how the NSWindow's minSize and maxSize are, it can support split view without being recompiled for Sierra.

Applefags will probably get a boner if apple adds a new button to thier os

poor

Not him. I still use sperg-free Snow Leopard but the thing is way outdated so I'll probably just go for Elementary.

>poor
ALWAYS HAHA

lmao nice hypocrisy because macs BARELY reach 60FPS on most titles (when they are able to even reach more than 40 FPS lol)

>tfw
macbook air is the cheapest ultrabook in Europe, all other brands are at least $500 more, now what

damaga control at it's finest. Can't stop lmaoing my ass at mactoddlers.

Not an argument.

Zero source on this wildly stupid statement.

i like it

my linux installation does exactly the same automatically using the i3 window manager.

>Apple announces flashy but useless UI feature
>Macfags act like it's God's gift to computing

Every fucking time.

>2017
>there are people who don't use spectacle on macos

>2017
>using Macshit

>have to press and hold some miniature button just to snap
>snapped windows go full screen
>to unsnap, once again you have to press that little button
>other window stays in some other space
>only 2, side by side windows
windows 10 does snapping many times better, this shit in OP does not seem comfortable to use at all

Why gaps though? It literally wastes real estate

i've never seen anyone use it, either spectacle or one of those things people buy on the app store

My country is Portugal. Let's see:
The cheapest Macbook Air I can find is a 11" piece of dirt with bezels that I can park a small car in, 1366x768 TN panel that was probably cool in 1988 and 4GB of RAM. I'm going to assume this is something from 2012. It's on sale at 799€, regular price on that website is 1280€. Mind you, this was the cheapest I can find in a retailer using a retailer crawler.
Meanwhile, for 885€ on another retailer I can buy a Asus Zenbook with a Skylake i5, 8GiB of RAM, 256GiB SSD, 1920x1080 IPS. So I guess it's technically true: thanks to a -37% sale, you can buy a Macbook Air that is 4 years older and worse in every single spec. Without the sale, the Macbook Air costs 400€ more.

Why use Spectacle when better touch tool does the same thing and more?

i don't need it to do more
and its free