Find a better combo for web dev

Find a better combo for web dev.

Pro tip: You cant

Other urls found in this thread:

werc.cat-v.org/
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better combo? Just dont webdev

chair, rope, pen, paper (for the suicide note)

>bootstrap
>django
the developer equivalent to a basic bitch

would have been funny if you didn't ruin it with the explanation

i had to explain it out for you guys

Using something that makes your life 10 times easier makes you a basic bitch?

Interesting so is this after I learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript?

Yes

html, css and c/c++ web assembly

>"who cares if it's bloated? I wrote this in three days!"
IT SHOWS

>mysql
Anything but mySQL for fucksakes. Are you 15 or 51?

>who cares if I use something that will load fast because most people will have saved in their browser cache due to it being used everywhere

What should be used? Postger?

Is css really that hard?

>boostrap
>loading fast

>i'm not employed: the post

I am employed but we don't use fucking bootstrap like hipster code baristas such as yourself

what is a cdn?

This is pleb tier, you are really showing your inexperience.

>postgresql
Hell no. sqlite
Seriously, why not postgresql? Or, hadoop or couch or any of Apache's dozen other meme DBMSes.

- Phoenix
-

>webdev
same people who called themselves programmers because they made websites with Dreamweaver.

sqllite can only do one insert at a time.

Yes, it's literally the same people.

nothing quite like "self taught" NEETs acting like elitists

proptip: learning the basics of a low (as in low life) level language does not make you 1337

I didnt know about these meme alternatives

And your disk can only do one write at a time. Coincidence?

>locks the data base
>cant have multiple clients access it at once
>does not scale

That was a joke, son.

>t.has heard of buffer cache once or twice

Perhaps not, but it does make you a hell of a lot more useful in production.

>t. web babies

none
css
c++/c/asm
abstracted away but mysql or sqlite

good taste. OP btfo

>haskell
>haskell
>haskell
>haskell
Building a database is simple

>MySQL
It's like you were stuck 5 years ago. MySQL is dead since Oracle bought it. It's MariaDB now.

What happened to the web dev general by the way?

Yepper, even a bit of NSA work product whose gimmick is mandatory cell-level access control and mandatory input and output transformation.

>mysql
>stuck 5 years ago
Call me when they give up their bastard sweedish SQL dialect for ANSI, any edition.

Django is developed with postgres in mind. There are so many extra features of Postgres supported in Django.

>doesn't block cdns to avoid tracking

Dosent mysql scale better though?

If you really wanted to scale, you'd have built on NoSQL to start with.

>straight HTML+ minimal, simple CSS
>zero fucking javascript
>CGI for server-side
The modern web needs to die. Horribly. If your webpage doesn't look like something out of the 1990s, you're doing it wrong.

>The modern web needs to die. Horribly. If your webpage doesn't look like something out of the 1990s, you're doing it wrong.
hipster detected

underage faggot detected

>Not using memestrap in 2017

Companies still use it so it's relevant.

After you do that you learn PHP and MySQL and actually get a fucking job

Javascript makes webpages more interactive and reduces the load on the web server by having the client side handle the page creation.

they are rewriting the stack

>Using MySQL instead of MariaDB is like using OO over Libre or Owncloud over Nextcloud.
But postgres is still better [citation needed]

Perl, mySQL and a pinch of python.

Where do you need python if you are already using Perl?

>Golang
>MariaDB
>learn to CSS

So much faster, much less bloat, still simple and easy to write

>mysql
not postgres?

>Golang
shiggy maa diggity doooo

Top keeeeeeek

Only babbies do server side rendering trash nowadays. It's barely good enough for your personal blog.

Priti gud stack
>NodeJS + Express (@EC2)
>PostgreSQL (@RDS)
>React Front stack (@S3 & CloudFront)

Even better
>AWS Lambda + API Gateway + Node
>DynamoDB
>React Front stack

Elder god transcended above pleb web devs tier
>now
>choose rest based on what you need

what will you do when the next "web technology" comes out user?

postgresql => sqlite > .txt file > mysql

php vs python is literally just preference. php is much easier versed on web though, and 7 is faster at lots of tasks. however python is better for full backend shit like encoding a video for a website on the fly while streamers pick different qualities or what not

Evaluate it, if it's better than the old ones, I'll adapt it. Learning a new technology is the easiest part of providing valuable software to customers.

then re-implement your entire system

Only to have YET ANOTHER neato "web technology" to come out 2 months later.

Repeat forever.

werc.cat-v.org/

there, i saved you precious hours of your precious life

if your website needs to be excessively interactive it shouldn't be a website. cross-platform exists now! even for phoneposter scum!

Sup Forums, for instance, shouldn't be a shitty hacked up website with various "userscripts". it should be a centralized imageboard protocol with various lightweight clients. the world would be infinitely better this way. how would you find out about Sup Forums? a static website, with scheduled (server side - press f5) updates for read only versions of top threads to let you know what you're missing.

the web you know is a solution to problems that don't exist anymore and the web browsers we use are monstrosities that accomodate that probl-, uh, "solution".

php, mysql, html, css

There is no need to immediately re-implement old systems, usually the customer doesn't care which technology runs their shit. Good software built with good tools by programmers who acknowledge that it will be maintained long after they are done, is still going to be fun to work with, even if the tools are old.

In my line of work I can choose the tools to start the project with, and I try to find those that are quick to adapt by other people, comfy to develop, and provide the necessary velocity my customers deserve. But the tooling is just something between 10-20% of the big picture. Following good practices during the development is what makes projects successful.

>hello customer we are tech savvy
>fuck what you want, this is better
>what do you mean it's too complex for users?
>stop crying about fancy graphics your website does not need animated slideshows
>fuck you, we're making computing simpler and safer
>no, don't go, pajeetcorp will only give you bloated PHP shit! think of the slowdowns! think of how complex and insecure web browsers are getting! chromium is practically proprietary it's so complex! no! NOOO!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Where do you need python if you are already using Perl?
street cred and picking up women

this, plus a dash of javascript

Sup Forums doesn't look like something out the 1990s, except to kids who weren't there. What are you doing on Sup Forums?

>Only babbies do server side rendering trash nowadays
And, you know, people who care about their users, or want SEO, or... Besides, if you use React and Node, why the fuck aren't you doing server-side rendering? It's literally made for it.

>the world would be infinitely better this way.
Someone need to read The Rise of "Worse is Better". Or the history of Xanadu (a brilliant design that failed) and the World Wide Web (the not-so-brilliant design that won).
>it should be a centralized imageboard protocol with various lightweight clients.
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan

Sinatra/Rails
Bulma
Ruby
PostgreSQL

Why Bulma?

Because
- no pain in the ass grid
- no JS unless you want to use modals n stuff
- users aren't endless alpha testers
- it's lightweighter will still having the relevant features

>will
*while

Sass
React/MobX/TypeScript
Spring Boot/Kotlin
Spring Data JPA/Hibernate/PostgreSQL

This fucking babby just has to find anything to argue about.

>Sass
cool
>React/MobX/TypeScript
i understand this choice
>Kotlin
another reasonable one
>Spring Boot
why?

>Spring Boot
it allows you to get up and running with the most powerful framework in 5 minutes

and do you often make use of that power? honest question. i doubt it is worth it for 90% of your projects unless you work in a very enterprisey environment where every project ends up the size of jupiter.

a comment from the author of this meme image

Not slow at all :) I have run JMeter load tests with excellent throughput results and will post the data soon.

Let me say that the productivity and elegance I have experienced with Spring MVC + WebFlow is superb – I wouldn't have it any other way. With Acegi, I don't need to deal with JAAS anymore and the security is fully portable across WAR containers.

I see the frameworks as code which I don't have to write to do things right – and my code ends up maintainable and standards compliant. One take on this is that with Spring, you *actually* end up being able to focus more on the business logic…

also that was 2006. things got a bit less complicated since then, but the quality of spring remains rock solid. it will outlive all the meme frameworks that currently exist and even those that haven't yet been created

every day. it's modular so I can discard what I don't need and bring it in when I do

>i doubt it is worth it for 90% of your projects
it doesn't come with any costs so I'm not sure how could it ever be not worth using

I surrounded the quote with code tags for some reason, well

Sanic + uvloop , postgresql, html + css animations , no javascript

Pyramid and Postgresql or you made a mistake

>it does make you a hell of a lot more useful in production
No it doesn't.
The customer pays for stuff that works, not for stuff that's well written. If you want to write good code pick a FOSS passion project, or stay the hell away from humans, because they are retarded, and their retardedness constrains your architecture and code.
If you want to earn money then just copypaste shit from SO.
And before you talk shit about muh "being proud of my work", I'll just say that it doesn't matter. Everyone except you and THOSE people doesn't fucking care. By THOSE people I mean the ones who wrote themselves into a corner with their stuff and there are two options, admit that they are fucking retarded and fucked up years ago but didn't see it and now their insanity is present in every line of code, or hopelessly lie to everyone and themselves that they are good programmers and that everything is great.

wt is all you need.

>The customer pays for stuff that works, not for stuff that's well written. If you want to write good code pick a FOSS passion project, or stay the hell away from humans, because they are retarded, and their retardedness constrains your architecture and code.
>If you want to earn money then just copypaste shit from SO.
You sound as if operations is another department that you consider beneath you. What I am saying is that an intuitive understanding of data structures and how they are composed in systems can make you much more useful when customers, systems or networks misbehave.
Learn some responsibility, kid.