I am very interested in learning programming. Specifically Python

I am very interested in learning programming. Specifically Python.

I have 0 programming knowledge. Imagine a child just being born and you tell it to learn programming. That's basically me.

Where do I start?
How do I learn to think as a programmer?
Where do I learn the most basic, fundamental stuff about programming, how they work, what they do and how to be creative with them?

tldr; Infant wants to learn programming, where do you guide it so it starts learning?

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
duckduckgo.com/?q=learn python for beginners&ia=web
scratch.mit.edu/
youtube.com/watch?v=e8E52hna-NY
learnpythonthehardway.org/python3/
reddit.com/r/learnpython/wiki/index#wiki_new_to_programming.3F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First I would teach him math, from numerical sense and motor sensibility. Same goes with language: communicative sensibility and glyphs. Then I'd teach him the basic operation with cases and then fractions, operations with them, getting ideas, making them love reading, and after teaching him the rest of things... ¡Programming! :^)

Here goes my serious comment:
Programming is not the only way to get involved with computing. There is a shit ton of ways to make awesome things. Eh... just get in here Sup Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering

You could've searched this yourself, and it would've been way faster than asking for us to spoonfeed you here.
The fact that you can't do anything by yourself leads me to believe that you're not cut out for programming, but whatever, have a go at it, give up and never ask me for shit again. Or better yet prove me wrong.

duckduckgo.com/?q=learn python for beginners&ia=web

The fact that you have to ask shows that you won't make it. I'm not being mean or trying to inspire you or anything, but even with determination, self-teaching requires an emphasis on 'self'.

scratch.mit.edu/

Here you go op programming language for babies.

srs though. It's not a bad way to get your feet wet in programming.

The sticky might be a good place to start. ;)

>Where do I start
Google

>How do I learn to think as a programmer?
Stop expecting people to solve your problems for you and learn to do basic research before bothering others with dumb questions.

>Where do I learn basic stuff about programming...
Not fucking Sup Forums, I'll tell you that right now.

Seriously you could be a chapter deep in any of the ten thousand python books you could have found a free pdf of in less than a minute already instead of writing this post. Waiting around for advice on exactly which book you should pick or what IDE is technically best is a huge waste of time.

You guys are using faulty logic.
I am coming here, to programmers, asking you what you would recommend. I do not want to spend time with some half assed tutorial that doesn't teach me what each thing means, does and how it's used and gives proper examples.

I thought, maybe you cunts could give a newbie pointers. But no, "learn python for beginners" is all I got.

Failed to comprehend what I was searching for.

There we go! I want to learn how to think like a programmer, I think that is the most fundamental thing I could learn, the rest is just conceptualizing an idea and then thinking of a way to tell the computer how to make that idea a reality as elegantly as possible (why I picked python) and that's it. Anyway thanks for the link bro.

stfu, pic related

java

Intro -> Beg -> Int -> Adv -> Maester -> Wizard
/thread

->Beg ->Get shit advice, bitches complain about not wanting to give advice, then just don't post on here and fuck off. -> L3rning -> Wizurd

/thread

Conclusion: What I've learned is programmers are sensitive creatures that feel superior when you ask them a question and they give you a faggot answer, feeling good about themselves.

>lulz'

>scratch.mit.edu/
Find a book called Think Like a Programmer.

Good introduction to the thought process around solving problems you'll likely come across.

Thank you.

>tripz
Do I get the think like a programmer python version, or the original or both?

>ask for advice
>get it, but it's not what you wanted to hear
>get booty bothered

A lot of these people are giving you the same answer, because a big part of being a programmer is knowing how to research and you've already proved you can't do that.

Check out "Automate the boring stuff with python"

Good Advice:

>The fact that you have to ask shows that you won't make it.

>You could've searched this yourself

>The fact that you can't do anything by yourself leads me to believe that you're not cut out for programming

>¡Programming! :^)

I've done the research, basic one anyway. The point isn't that I'm too lazy or want to be spoonfed like some obese child, although I am lazy, which is a fucking amazing think to be if you want to be a programmer, according to my RESEARCH.inurfac_e (notice black eye i did with c_e, whoa I'm so smart)

What I truly wanted was advice from programmers themselves. Not just some google search that has some half-assed shit or not, since I cannot distinguish between the two, being a fucking infant when it comes to the stuff.

It's basically like complaining about wanting the best advice when it comes to the stockmarket and you telling me I should just google it. Fuck do people pay 200 dollars + on Udemy for, if all you can do is google it? Because the information is presented in a very specific way, which is what I wanted from this thread.

k im out cya, thanks for the person(s) who actually gave advice.

Alright. Honest answer. Use codecademy, udacity, udemy, freecodecamp, or treehouse. Any of these will do. Or read a book. Or watch a video. Anything but sit on Sup Forums. Sup Forums won't teach you. You have to teach you. When you have questions, try asking stack overflow or the Self-Taught Programmers group on facebook (Also, their pinned post may be helpful to you.)

Also, just so you don't find out later in a horrible turn of events, hacking and programming are very different worlds. If you want hacking, try looking into cybersecurity rather than programming.

I do want to learn hacking but I think it would be more profitable maybe to know at least some basic programming first, since hacking is basically, exploiting programming code / program thinking.

or am I wrong in thinking like this?

Senior devs google more than anyone else. You don't want to memorize code, you want to memorize patterns. The laziness helps in finding the quickest way to do something. Asking Sup Forums is far from quickest. Google is much quicker.

Uh, I mean, not totally off, it'll help sometimes, but most hacking/cyber-security doesn't involve a ton of programming or code.

Sometimes people just need a little direction, he clearly stated he has zero knowledge. The fact that someone is at least making an attempt is enough to discourage him is why this shithole is a shithole.

OP, check out udemy. learnpythonthehardway.com

The worst thing is the toxic self-righteousness.

Inb4 epic memes and bantz

Already did basic research, again not what I'm asking for by being in this thread. What I expected was an actual programmer, a guy or gal with experience and knows what's what, telling me what I should be looking for.

Not me randomly going and stumbling on the interwebz looking for python tutorials that may or may not teach me a good fundamental way of thinking about coding.

Well if I for example want to be able to find my own 0day exploits? I'd need to know programming, I don't really want to rely on googling "0day exploit" for a .js app for example and relying on other people. I want to be the guy finding it.

Thank you! I will be looking into this for sure.
I did check udemy out, 200 euro though for a tutorial, I'm poor as hell. But I did do my research (see not lazy) and did find some tutorials on piratebay so I'll be checking that out, just finished dl'ing actually.

and thanks for the encouragement, not that these negative fucks discourage me, just nice I guess.

Heh. I wrote both of these and am a back end dev.

How's this: Try googling Modern Rogue DDOS
(For the lazy: youtube.com/watch?v=e8E52hna-NY )

The above is closer to hacking than most other stuff, but yeah, coding might help for 0day stuff.

I can give you some tips on programming, but it's hard to teach this stuff over an internet board. Particularly since I don't speak Python.

What programmers that want to feel better about themselves by putting down others is that, at one point in time, they probably were asking "how do I ____", too.

Research when you don't know anything about a topic is often fruitless, especially when you get many conflicting results that are above your competency, which is pretty much the case for any beginner to programming.

Learning the right language to use to get productive results is a part of learning to program. A beginner doesn't know the right language and right words to use to use to effectively google the answers to his questions.

No, instead you google, "how to learn to program," and half the results are shitty blog articles of self-aggrandizing bloggers who think they know what's best but don't actually show you how to use the tools.

A beginner doesn't know he can google, "python library for http" yet. Wait, a library, you mean the place you go get books? How's that useful to programming? I guess I can go there and read some programming books...?

Yeah, newbs need hand holding at first. Yes, eventually they'll need to be weened eventually. If they can't learn to think and research independently, they're fucked. But I'm not sure there's ever been a profession where people are competent enough to be independent on day one.

Watched it, yeah but from what I know about DDOS you need like they said a botnet with a bunch of infected computers, you could infect a bunch on your own or rent, but that could be expensive, DOS Slowloris is my personal favourite to be honest, I think it's also harder to detect. But this was cool, I did not know about Modern Rogue DDOS.

Yeah exactly, I'd rather have a little topic of discussion with potentially 2-3 programmers who know their stuff and what I should be looking for instead of a bunch of blogs that went to school, learned the basics from some guy that broke up with his wife, she took the kids and now he's half assing his life and profession. That's basically it. Also the almost instant response is nice.

Thanks to all who contributed!
I've saved, downloaded and now will spend countless hours learning programming and internet security.

no you won't.

A microcontroller and datasheets.

another user here, can someone spoonfeed me this thread in quick 3 eezy peezy sentences to git going?

All of you can fuck back off to r/programming. Sup Forums is for real niggas, not babbys who can't write a simple FizzBuzz.

Yes I will.
I already learned
print "Hello No.61269569!"
print "Executing ViruZ.html/php.index

you're done now kid.
we are fsociety
we do not fuck
we do not socialize
we are forgotten

you see how fucking good I am? Don't f with me. Last warning.

1. Google everything first
2. Everyone's a dick
3. Udemy/Udacity is cool

Resources to find pirated udemy courses? (No I did not google, making food rn)

But do you personally know of any good ones? Paying 200 euro for a course is a lot imo, at least as a newbie

> babbys

Get the fuck off of Sup Forums, nigger.

>being this new

I hate pedophiles.

Good thing I'm not one then.
Also, welcome to Sup Forums. An anime website. If you don't like it, get the fuck out.

>Paying 200 euro for a course is a lot imo, at least as a newbie
do you remember how money was being made at another goldrush, the 1848 californian goldrush? by selling jeans and axes and shit else needed by lonely men

It's really easy to find free courses on udemy. Just search the language/skill you want, click filter and instead of "most relevant" or whatever is default, put "price low to high" and then select "english" as the language (provided you prefer english to any other spoken language)

Loli = attracted to anime children with child-like behaviors, voices and other characteristics.
Fuck you pedo.

If you want to learn python basics just read this learnpythonthehardway.org/python3/

Ah, I had no clue udemy offered free courses, but I just found the website before making this thread so that might be it. Thanks man, appreciate it.

I got the link from another user but thanks!

reddit.com/r/learnpython/wiki/index#wiki_new_to_programming.3F

This should get you going.

>children
they're actually mostly young adult females desu

>look like anime children around the age of 10-13
>justifies his attraction to said anime children
you're a fucking idiot, kill yourself asap (legit advice)

Thanks man!

At least I can program.

Cool. It's gonna sound like I'm shilling it but it's how I got into programming years ago, and I'm doing really well now. Book changed my life for real.

look at this good goy wanting old hags

pedo don't know how to program.

print "Do you love me, Loli?"
print "Yes."

That's what you code, daily. Tbh I'd rather be retarded, virgin in a wheelchair than a pedo. Fuck, I'd rather get stoned to death, mutilated, and then hung from a bridge by the Zetas instead of even having thoughts like you do. Fuck you.

Nice man! Gives me some hope, pretty cool. For sure saved it and i've found some cool udemy tuts as well. I appreciate the help, I think I got the basics down, will be heading out, eat my food and get to reading.

2 things will happen when you die.

1. A bunch of demons will laugh their ass off.
2. Hell will open up.

Watch.

if you don't like anime you really really shouldn't be here.

Good luck, work hard.

pic related is the programming field right now

>"I know, I'll go and bother the anons of Sup Forums for help because I can't fucking use Google!"
>"What, you guys like anime? HA FAGS"

>mfw
Say hello to the official site logo. Also our mascot is a loli named Yotsuba, which you would know if you weren't this fucking new.

Back to ribbit with you.

I do like anime.
I hate pedos.
Lolis = pedo enabling

I dont' know much about programming but I have other skills and knowledge.

pic related

I actually work for a large government contractor based out of central Maryland. What do you do for living, faggot? Jerk off all day and whine on anonymous imageboards about not being able to program?

Me? I made a huge amount of money on bitcoin in early 2001 and now I am exposing the luciferian kingdom of this earth, while having God as my guide and He has given me the eyes to see things.

>pic related
oh, so useless facts? cool. So do most of us.

etc etc etc
pedo filth

loli devil-kun pls take me in

>implying I'm a dirty pagan

Yeah, useless facts.

I don't care what you claim to be.

I'm saying I agree with you, you halfwit. The Catholic church is almost certainly a cult.

>not understanding Sup Forums culture
>arguing with a stranger on the internet
>bitcoin

I don't know what you're not understanding.
I'll shorten it for you:

"I do not care."
>I don't care what you claim to be.

It doesn't matter to me what you think about the catholic church or this and that. That's not the point.

You bragged about having a job. Good for you. You spent a lot of years studying in school, being rejected by women, eventually found comfort in anime, specifically lolis which naturally led you here. Your job enables you to even have custom loli art made for you, great for you.

I am telling you, I made some money on bitcoin, now I spend my days doing whatever I want, specifically exposing the luciferian kingdom on earth and telling people that God does in fact exist, oh and I have decided I want to learn programming.

Okay my pizza is here, I will eat and have some fun learning programming. (yes im obese af)

I'm actually getting married next year. I'm a completely normal person in public. It's what we call hiding our powerlevels.

I wish I could find a gook to make me some custom loli art.

Enjoy your pizza, spergmaster. Have fun with your conspiracy theories.

>implying I can't be a Christian if I find non-lewd lolis cute.
You're a faggot.