Tfw you want to convert to Thinkpad-ism as an alternative to the "expensive" Apple-ism but the Thinkpad laptop that you...

>tfw you want to convert to Thinkpad-ism as an alternative to the "expensive" Apple-ism but the Thinkpad laptop that you want is more expensive than the MBP that you like.

i knew it. Apple is always the best choice.

gr8 b8 m8

I came to the same conclusion when checking out the configurations lately.

That's not to say Apple makes better devices, but when it comes to brand new laptops, ThinkPads aren't an obvious choice to me.

you can find used 'like new' top of the line thinkpads for a third of the price of new ones. used macbooks cost almost as much as new ones even if they're several years old

i never understood Sup Forums's flaming of macbooks for being too expensive but shilling for thinkpads, which are the most overpriced non-apple laptop (and the new Lenovo ones are just coasting on the reputation the old IBM thinkpads built with their keyboards)

Thinkpads are built to last
Business class devices
If I drop a macbook it will turn into a glass slipper
Thinkpads are built to take abuse so the important businessmen don't lose all of their work ahead of an important boardroom meeting

What TP is it?

You're supposed to get the thinkpad on ebay for $200, retard. Nobody buys them new.

apple shill forces still working on full power apparently, this has been going on for few days now, much higher apple shill levels than usual

i5 apple has the same performance as i7 windows

T470

Everyone should buy new laptops. Because if it's broken then you can bring it to the store you bought it from.

>Because if it's broken then you can bring it to the store you bought it from.
why, so they can tell you it's not covered by the warranty

Well, they have better Specs for the Price.
They also are very Conpatible with Linux and are Almost impossible to break.
They have a Better Keyboard, Much Better IO,the Trackpoint, and a Blue Enter Key (very important!).

The only people who know best about your computer are the people you bought your computer from.

I tried to. My experience:

+Decent laptop for cheap (x220)
+Fast (Sata SSD and decent amounts of RAM)
+Really easy to open up and just change the thermal paste
+Light enough

However

-Awful screen
-Worse touchpad than the alternative
-Trackpoint drifts like a faggot
-The battery life indicator on Windows (tried this thing on hackintosh and loonix) reports crazy things, now 4 hours, next minute just 1, next one 7 and this battery be fine because it's giving me roughly those 4 hours on hackintosh
-I'm trying to sell it now and nobody wants it because "it's old" despite having brand new parts put on it like the keyboard which I painfully paid for

The fair contender of an i5 MBP is an i7 Thinkpad. Which is a lot more expensive than an MBP. Different price, different specs, but equal performance.

gtfo Jamal, not all of us are too poor to escape Apple.

Macbooks aren't all that difficult to repair, but fuck if I'm shelling out the cash required for their fucking parts.

If I fucking /shatter/ a charging port on a ThinkPad, it's a $6.00 cable that plugs into the motherboard.

Besides that, buying 2~ processor generations behind means you're getting an $1800.00 for $450 w/ good battery life.

New ThinkPads covered under warranty are for if you're a businessman with important shit to do.

Used business laptops from Lenovo, Dell, and fuck, even HP, are for people who know what they're doing and can maintain their own equipment.

>comparing a company to an OS
(You)

Macs are literally flaming piles of shit.

I didn't say that all of you are too poor to escape apple. This thread isn't about you, it's about me.

And i'm not Jamal.

Holy shit is right it seems. I'm usually skeptical of paid shilling claims but this is just too forced and unnatural to be anything else

OP, if you're actually being serious: the Sup Forums thinkpad meme is for USED laptops. Why thinkpads specifically? They're durable enough to be perfectly fine in most cases even when bought used, and they're easy enough to open up and repair that even if some individual component does fail, it's absolutely trivial to replace.

If you're the kind of person who is afraid of touching the components of their machine and relies on warranty to get underpaid pajeets to ""repair"" their shit whenever things go slightly wrong, then thinkpads aren't for you. Yes, new thinkpads are very expensive and not worth it.

Not everyone is a tech geek. And business people are not tech geek

if you have been here daily, you can see that during the last few days apple shills have been working very hard compared to the usual, a lot of them going around. seems like linux and thinkpads are their target now, not a lot of iphone shilling towards android users going on, its now targeted at thinkpad and linux users

Apple "Geniuses" have disks loaded with diagnostic software they use, they won't touch a motherboard, /let alone a fucking battery replacement/ in-store.

They ship that shit off to Texas.

The stupid tax means more than just paying more up-front for an overpriced computer that even Consumer Reports is turning on, it's losing productivity over simple shit.

That's my point, I very specifically pointed out very different kinds of consumer.

Sup Forums has a mix of hobbyists and professionals in addition to consumerists looking for buyer's advice or shitposting w/ opinions that don't reflect actual use-case scenarios.

I started hiding in a few generals some time ago after I grew tired of the amd vs nvidia shilling and needed a break, so I must have missed most of the shitposting in the last couple of days.

good for you, i have been following the whole board and it is very clear that we got apple shills at full force here, main target is apparently linux and thinkpad users. wasnt too long time ago when they targeted android users by shitposting a lot and calling android users poor and pajeets and all kinds of shit, maybe it didnt work and now they are trying other people
thankfully these shills are usually very easy to see, its almost everytime obvious

dumb frogposter

Apple naming their minimum-wage-tier support monkeys "geniuses" is the most cynically hilarious thing I've ever heard in my life

Thing is like half the time they could be shitposters

But then you have posts like these:
>The only people who know best about your computer are the people you bought your computer from.
Like holy shit either they're an /lgbt/ and /r/funny crossposter, or they're australian, or they're paid

samefag

Okay so what are some good windows laptop that are durable, cheap fixability, but also /aesthetic/ ?

Thinkpads are /aesthetic/ as fuck

Get a 701

This is where you can't take Sup Forums literally, btw. Chances are you do more than compile shit on Funtoo all day.

Go straight to eBay, type in "ThinkPad", tick off the boxes for any i-series processor that's generation 5, 6, or 7, and browse.

I personally like the boxy HAL3000 look.

btw, if you're handy enough to be buying a used ThinkPad, chances are you're good enough to swap out the shitty 1366x768 TN panels in them.

Simply put, if you don't want to put work into a machine, don't buy a used ThinkPad.

>chances are you're good enough to swap out the shitty 1366x768 TN panels in them

Wtf is that ? I'll just take it to the electronic mall.

>Apple paying people to promote their products on an obscure online forum full of autistic people who hate their products

What delusional land do you live in? This is Apple, not some chink startup making le nerdy handheld kuckstarter bullshit laptops. Apple shills in Hollywood, not weeaboo imageboards you dumb fuck.

>Simply put, if you don't want to put work into a machine, don't buy a used ThinkPad.

What should i buy if i want a new laptop that is new and cheap fixability (if someday it's broken), and also /aesthetic/ but i can't do tech geek shit like that ?

Also this is gonna be my main/only computer so it better not be an ultrabook or macbook air shit. Also i don't code or design.

Bamps

All consumer-grade computers are assembled using adhesive and plastic. They're not designed to be repaired. You have to go with a business-class computer, and they're overpriced for what you get when you buy them new.

Firstly this And second if you "can't do tech geek shit like that", then why do you need it to be easily repairable if you can't even repair it?

ITT

well i'll get someone in the electronic mall to do it. the laptop will be my only and main computer, so..

>jpg compression on a png

How did you manage this?

by saving a jpg as a png

I know, and if I was to choose a laptop to use at work, I would pick a ThinkPad. But I'd like to have a Macbook for some light normie stuff.