Favorite Windows Version?

What Is Your Favorite Windows Version Of Them All? Just Felt Like Asking This In My First Post :)

Other urls found in this thread:

code.google.com/archive/p/aeroshot/
sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Windows-10-Themes-for-Win-7-Final-489257538
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I still use Windows 3.1 daily at work on 3 different machines. They've been running since ~1993 or 4. Still work.

I use windows 10 at home and my primary work computer however.

My favorite windows version is the one that does what I need.

XP was godlike.

hi Sir welcome to the Community please kindly do the Needful and give my Answer a Upvote
----
persinally i am Love windows Ten,it is vrry fast and without Virus :)

-Ranjeet

Windows 10. It's fast as fuck.

I used Vista for 9 years. There was nothing wrong with it. It was better than XP. It was basically Windows 7 without that window-snapping shit.
>inb4 vista haters cry

If you used vista for 9 years, that means you were using it at launch.

If you thought THAT vista was fine, you're either misremembering, or you're a moron I wouldnt trust with a computer.

Launch windows vista was the WORST major windows launch in history. And still is to this day.

7 is perfect for me. XP was fine too, but I was an idiot kid back then and got viruses all the time. Not sure whether the OS itself is that vulrnerable or if I was just really stupid.

I used 8.1 for a while too, it's not bad once you disable the Metro shit. 10 is awful though, had it for a year and had not a single positive experience.

Windows 7

Must have gotten lucky with your drivers, Vista was a fine OS (although UAC was not refined enough) but device manufacturers just did not give a fuck and rushed to put out shitty drivers that would leave you unable to go 5 minutes without bluescreening. It also came out before most people had computers that could even run it properly, people would be trying to upgrade their shitboxes from 2000 and inevitably run into performance issues.

7>XP>10>8.1>95>98>ME>3.1>Vista

Windows 2000

Vista was the crocs and nickelback of operating systems.

Best version of windows is WINE

There are two things that piss me off about Windows 10. I have to remove all those fucking "apps" after a fresh install and there's no Classic theme.

Combination of both, XP was absolutely ridden with exploits and so was most of the software that people used on it. This made being an idiot kid a lot worse as you only had to make one wrong click and you'd get pwned by some lamer with his copy+paste sploit from milw0rm

Win 2K was the best version, Win XP was the same thing with funny colours until SP2, and then needed much more resources to run.

>and there's no Classic theme.
But why would you want it? The modern rendition of the classic theme just does not look good at all as it clashes hideously with the overall modern look of the OS, and it's not 2007 anymore so the performance impact from desktop effects is going to be precisely 0.

>The modern rendition of the classic theme just does not look good at all
>stop liking what I don't like

It clashes, which is objectively bad in UI design. If you like it you are in an absolutely miniscule minority and so it's not worth catering to you.

>It clashes
then design it in a way, so it doesn't clash. you're so fucking dumb.
> If you like it you are in an absolutely miniscule minority
so what? is it possible that you like to suck dicks? I like what I like and I'm going to choose what I like.

The era of WinXP SP3 in classic mode were the peak days of civilization.

>then design it in a way, so it doesn't clash. you're so fucking dumb.
>get a whole team designing (and maintaining) a completely separate version of the entire UI to satisfy a few nostalgia autists like you

Windows Xp with the classic theme was comfy.

Early 2000s internet before MySpace and Facebook flooded the web with retarded normies and old people was great.

trying too hard

Did anyone else used to install Windows 95 to a RAM drive and then zip the contents so you could extract a fresh installation to RAM drive every boot? No worry about viruses or misconfiguring settings.

win95

7/XP

Not him but there was nothing wrong with Vista other than having a high requirement. One of my lappie still runs vista sp2 and its comfy af.

Windows 2000 Professional.

So fucking comfy.

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition IA64

NT 3.51, the closest Windows we had to a micro-kernel

>namefagging as "A Lonely Nerd"
>capitalizing the first letter of every word
>My First Post :)
>:)
>being a faggot
Commit suicide.

This

XP was wonderful, 7 is excellent. I remember using 98 and 2000, but only for offline stuff since we still had dialup, so I don't have much of an opinion on those. I wish Microsoft stopped at 7 and only optimized and secured it, rather than bloat it up and spy on it.

ZorinOS Ultimate

>typing like that
kill yourself

98SE was fine but 2000 was god tier before XP SP2.
Even if XP was good 7 was definitely better (thanks to Vista, because it forced manufacturers to provide better hardware for their machines)

this

Vista was awful in every possible way, your opinion cannot change this fact. I would rather get punched in the dick every day than use Vista. It was just an awful awful awful user experience.

If nobody has upgraded the HDD since 1993, that's really impressive.

No profit in that.

I don't know, I'd rather use 3.1 over ME. It wasn't much to look at, but it ran well because there was not this huge variance of hardware that exists today. If you fucked up 3.1, you just had to grab the 6 floppies and you'd be up and running again in an hour.

Used XP for a long fucking time, and I think I'd rather use 10 over XP. XP was good, but towards the end it was an unoptimized mess. Fuck XP audio drivers. Why the fuck does an audio driver need to hold up the boot process for 10-45 seconds? Fuck you XP. Updates made that OS run like dogshit. Its the sole reason I refuse to run windows updates.

Windows 7

Maxtors, man. Just imagine what they could have been if seagate didn't gut the company.

how do you take sexy ass screnshots like this with the transparent border and shadow?

code.google.com/archive/p/aeroshot/

Windows 7 tweaked according to the wiki and with Windows 10 theme

>tfw no rich Windowsfag slav femanon qt gf

How do you get Windows 10 theme sir

thanks a lot bro!

DeviantArt

Just curious, what are those machines witn 3.1 for?

All windows is trash, but 3.1 was ok for its time. 7 is my least favorite, I can surely tell at least.

3.1 was worthless the second the internet became available.

started on XP at age 6. was good, ran sims 2, which was all i really needed at the time. Skipped Vista because i didn't upgrade for a while and got a desktop with 7 in 2010. i've played with win 8 with start8 (which was ok actually) and windows 10 (which almost made me explode with the number of policing to protect normies from fucking it up.

definitely 7. still runs any windows game thats worth playing, has support from everyone and is good with updates until 2020, at which point i'll have upgraded and will only be running windows in a VM for gaming from a linux OS (current hardware doesn't support full passthrough).

sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Windows-10-Themes-for-Win-7-Final-489257538

Or just set background as green, and chromakey it out in photoshop.

fuck this gay earth

>suggesting more complicated way, with a worse result, involving paid and proprietary closed source program, over open source and gratis portable software that does a perfect job
hahahahahahah, fuck off

PLEASE be my gf god fucking damnit I'm going to put a bullet through my head

Just use an iphone to take a photo of the screen, then install windows, buy photoshop, transfer the file into to pc, buy adobe flash, draw the color of each pixel onto the canvas, save as png, transfer back to photoshop, use brush to add transparency, export to onedrive, done.

autism

NT 4.0 until the games went past DX5, then 2000 for the simplicity of using the GUI, XP is next then 7 and now 10.

The Air You Breathe Is Toxic And Is Going To Kill You, I Am Operating At A Higher Brain Frequency Than 98.9% Of Planets Earth Population, I Have Found A Portal Out Of 3rd Density Earth And Into The Higher Heavens, I Have A Divine Message From The Higher Heavens About The Air You Breathe, Its Full Of Pathogens That Were Put In The Sky By The People You Trust, These Killer Bugs Will Kill You Prepare By Building Up Your Immune System. A Sufficiently Strengthened Immune System Can Withstand A Far Greater Biological Assault Than The Designers Of These Highly Virulent "Killer Microbes" Would Have The World Believe. It's Important To Remember That Any Lethal Biological Organism, Whether It Be A Virus, Bacteria, Fungus, Or Parasite, Has To Replicate Itself In Your Body In Order To Harm You. This Includes Those Weapons Grade 'super Killer Microbes' That Russia, The United States., Israel, Iraq, China, And Other Countries Have Developed.

XP sp2

kill yourself

Custom museum application that was written for us at the time, we're looking to spend about $30,000 over the next 6-10 months to replace it with something newer with the same functionality.

It's honestly nothing too exciting, it's just it was written specifically for us back in the day and we've been using it since, the original company we used for the development has since gone out of business.

None. They're all garbage.

/thread

win2k is my favorite overall. I wish they would have just kept it that way allowed for greater and greater threading capacity and added a search feature like in win7. I knew the addition of 'skins' for applications was going to turn for the worst and everything was going to be a kludgy shit show mess before long. And it has become just that.

I run win2k in a vm for old audio software and editing but it runs at nearly eight times as fast at 3.7g. The ram drive works in the vm as well. Pretty nice and quick editing. I run it on lubuntu with openbox and tint2 for web and text files etc.

I thought I'd put the linux info on there since I like both platforms. I ran windows 7 for a while in a vm and I liked it but realized I could use win2k so I gave it away and I've been happy with no need for updating or any bullshit whatsoever. Got the vm saved/exported for backup. It's a golden age for computing and workflow really.

My setup works for me and since I already own the software and run my own outfit I decided to just use it. Take it easy anons.

>7>XP>10>8.1>98>95>2000>3.1>ME>Vista

ftfy

Win 3.0/3.1 in the early-mid 90s ( before I got dial-up internet). Then Win 95/98SE (1997-2001) (Dial-up internet in 97). In 2002 I finally switched to XP pro. Ran that as my primary OS for all my clients till 2010. Used Win 2k3 for my server os from 2004 till 2011 when I switched to current WHS 2011. Now I run Windows 7 for all clients. I flatly refuse to install Windows 8/8.1/or Ten on any client pc in the house cause they all suck. There's nothing to be gained by doing it and my girlfriend likes Win 7 on her netbook so why waste my time.

reminder 98(se) is the best UX windows OS to date

XP

unironic memers only say this

Windows 10. If I liked any other better I'd be using it.
But XP was god-tier. If they had ever sorted out 64 bit, updated its DX, and kept releasing security patches I'd still be on that. Windows 10 only beats XP because Microsoft abandoned it.

98SE and [spoiler]8.1

It really was the last halfway decent version.

XP was fischer price shit and the only reason people remember it fondly is everybody still using Windows wound up having to stick with it for so long because Vista was terrible.

>Windows 7 tweaked according to the wiki
Which wiki would this be?

>tfw need to set up old windows vm and accidentally download ME instead of 2000

Call me nostalgiafag but I have a thing for Win98.
It was "honest" I don't know how to explain it, and I loved the desktop themes and wallpapers.

I wish I could make my Win10 look like 98.

windows ME

gentoo

many soil testing machines interface only with old 98 or if you're lucky XP machines. the companies went out of business but the machines still work, they're usually 100k - 500k and the program is closed source. so it isn't worth replacing until it breaks
of course, that's why you buy the source code from a company. not the program.

Longhorn > all.

Windows ME is the best version W10 & XP fags can go fuck themselves

98 and XP were god

>implying you cant turn snapping off if youre not a complete retard

1.69/10 cause i replied

>not using the carrot nose

hello dude welcome to Sup Forums we hope you enjoy your stay, awesome
'my favorite windows version is of course windows 10 since its latest

WELCOME FAGGOT ENJOY YOUR STAY

7 > 2000 >>>>> 95 >>> 3.11

That's the three Windows versions I used personally and I'm happy that each time it got much better. I'm not about to switch to a new one any time soon.

I got some decent time in XP at work machines as well and honestly between W2K and 7 it was a pile of shit.

nobody cares about windows here

XP was blazing fast

>not using the windows classic theme

Windows 7, for sure. Last good MS OS so far.

First was Win98, then XP, then Vista, then 7.

Tried 10 for a couple months on a brand new laptop, and I fucking despised it. Too intrusive and tries to take the reigns too much. They designed it to not let the consumer be able to do anything on their own, at least easily.