KDE

Ma-tay

Xfce, mate

Gday MATE

GNOME

Anything but xfce
You dont know how hard it was to INSTALL FUCKING FONTS

sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts

The real question would've been between Lxde or MATE, Kdm if your PC is shit. Don't fall for the Xfce meme

or put fonts in .local/share/fonts

What is there to meme about? You can practically make it do anything, look like anything. And the tearing is easily fixed by turning on compositing.

I don't know, but that's the right question to ask.

Xfce is not light as much as Lxde and is not user-friendly as much as MATE, which is a GNOME 2 fork, you know.

Budgie

just install font-manager if you're that lazy m8

Openbox+Tint2

if your gonna install mate you should install gnome too

also mate is buggy right now

I happened to install only Xfce and MATE on my slowish USB drive. Both lagged, but MATE laged soooooooo badly that it's like it's 10 times more fat than Xfce.

>my laptop that I haven't upgraded to an SSD lags for multiple seconds when I type into krunner
>plasmashell crashes randomly at least twice a week
>krunner crashes randomly at least once a week
>text rendering breaks on plasmashell and the lock screen frequently on Nvidia drivers
>zombie windows sometimes hang around on screen until I open xkill, then they disappear
>krunner just sometimes decides to fully utilize 2 cpu cores
>annoying notifications that I can't disable or I won't be able to see file transfer progress in dolphin
>network connections editor just doesn't save settings sometimes
>no way to change mouse sensitivity (not acceleration)
>plasmashell, krunner and baloo are somehow using several TiB of virtual memory
>I can't figure out how to install KDE on hardened gentoo

KDE is so beautiful, but it's so fucking buggy and slow. Now that XFCE fixed its fucking menus so that I can actually disable mouse acceleration and set up multiple monitors, I'm considering using it again. doing those things on the command line is a huge pain in the ass.

.pcf
I'm trying to get them to work
But now every time I do xfontsel it get any error message about FontPath not being able to load usable fonts

install *buntu

>brought to you by the inventors of start menu ads
no thanks

xmonad or i3 if you want to be super fast
but it has a learning curve so dont be lazy, or ur cake will end up crazy

you put them in the .fonts folder.... how can you have trouble with that?

When I tried using i3, I had a lot of issues with programs like virtualbox that didn't like being resized. If some things have to be floating windows, it kinda defeats the purpose of a tiling window manager.

But it works.

gentoo also works