Holy fuck Stallman BTFO by an animal rights activist

youtube.com/watch?v=eG4HrOpzQXY

Every single sentence he uttered could be used against him.

I used GNU/Linux for 3 years now but after this I don't know but after this how would we, fellow freetards, ever recover?
I... I guess I'm moving to Windows now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1jPmnDZ6ab8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Isnt it hypocritical to support free speech but not free software?
*moves the chair closer with a leg*
I'm not a supporter of free software rights, I'm sorry.

>Isnt freedom your main concern?
I dont agree with you on specific issues on which freedom is important.

>You can modify a car so why not software?
I don't agree that altering someone's work is synonymous with that.

>Why?
What do you mean "Why"? Why not?
You haven't convinced me. It's up to you.
You know, if you want to convince me the burden is on you to convince me not on me to justify not being convinced.

>We're all concerned about freedom so don't you think you should look in these issues a little more closely?
I do but I'm too busy. I will look to them to a certain extent but that doesn't mean I'm going to agree with you!

>If I gave you some resources would you reconsider it?
I'm too busy.

>You're... really? You're too busy to care about freedom of millions and millions of victims of proprietary software?
Right, I'm not concerned about free software as I am about free speech.

>Free software *is* free speech hence the word "free"
Please, come on. You're playing word games now. The fact is, there are many different ethical issues in life and I'm talking about one of them!

>Freedom of software should be on par with freedom of speech though.
I don't agree with you there.
I don't have to justify not agreeing with you especially when you have prepared arguments and I have not!

>Maybe it's something worth thinking about then.
Maybe it is. But I'm really busy thinking about what I'm thinking about!

>But you're hurting your freedom and other's freedom by supporting proprietary software.
Well you think so but I don't think so. And you know what the disagreement is.

>I have not heard an argument
I don't have to give you one. You know where we disagree.
And the things you're saying to me they basically just presume that you're right at that fundamental point.
And that's not really an argument.

what does he mean by this

wtf he isn't even wearing shoes

he's ready to peal the skins off his feet and eat em.
That's how his lunch is made.

This

>I don't have to justify not being convinced
Uh, what? Asking someone to explain their thought process is how you have a conversation. It's just a waste of time if they won't even explain what their problem is.

How does she not understand that he is only trying to fight for software freedoms. Most people don't fight for freedom ff of everything because that includes the freedom to murder for example.
How can this dumb baka not understand this.

This is the definition of strawman argument. If Stallman actually argued in that manner, then his position would be pretty weak, but his arguments are backed up by more than what you've stated.

You can fairly argue that the animal activist's arguments are backed up by more than what they have stated, but it's absurd to try to convince someone of something by relying on a mutual understanding without first establishing that mutual understanding.

he's so fucking based!!!!!!!!!!!!1

stupid roastie starts whining about some completely IRRELEVANT BULLSHIT (typical woman), and he has none of it.

> BOOHOO EATING ANIMALS IS MUrDER hurrrrr durrr
< you haven't convinced me

Wtf are you even talking about? He knocked down everything she said. She's rambling on about animal rights at a fucking event about free software. She's clearly a smug person who just wanted to challenge someone, and came off like an idiot since it's literally irrelevant to the subject that was at hand.

It's like going to Comic Con, and trying to debate everyone about your religion; just a clear lack of social understanding that it's quite autistic.

"animals are persons"

WHAT A FCKING MORON BITCH HAHAHAHAHHAHA

>stallman btfo
>it's just another activist talking nonsense about another subject looking for attention and that it has nothing to do with software

Stallman btfo the activist clearly

She is trying to convince him that he should care about a totally different """freedom""". By turning it around and asking why he doesnt , it implies he specifically goes out of his way to avoid that subject and it indeed is something he should care about.
Why should he care about it in the first place. That is her job to convince him why.

Literally this. Her behavior was ridiculous and I'm legitimately surprised Stallman kept his cool.

It really wasn't the proper forum for the topic of animal rights, no idea what that person was expecting to accomplish by asking that question...

He's saying if you're the one trying to argue someone should think a certain way (like about animals in this case), the burden of proof is on you to convince that person.

The person you're trying to convince does not have any obligation to prove why they currently take the side that they do if they're not the one who brought up the debate. Like he said, he's too busy researching another ethical issue to know enough about this other one. She's the one who clearly has researched animal rights issues, so she should be able to convince people. Too bad she chose to bring it up at a software-related event like a moron.

this. OP is just retarded

the activist is retarded as fuck,
"animals are persons"
lol no

Mansplaining

Is this what average programming penguin operating system user looks like?

Stallman is clearly in the right position here. I will admit I do not follow the free software movement because I just don't find the motivation to put down Windows. anyways moving forward... Mr. Stallman clearly had the high ground in this "debate", if you would even call it that, and she just wanted to look for an argument. He clearly stated that he is BUSY... He is busy fighting for the freedom of software, there are other people that should focus in on the animal rights issue, but Stallman has his main focus on free software. If the lady can't respect that and you too OP, then you can gladly fuck off and join me and many other fags in the botnet.

Also, I had to be childish and just point out that I guess that bitch is vegan.

"animal rights"

pretty sure that vegan cunt BTFOed himself

wow stallman is thicc

brb fapping to rms.sexy

how do you get that beach ball belly physique?

Never in your life do any physical activity and chug bear everyday.

diet of open source pizza. he compiles it himself from lunchables

topkek

I've already got the first one down and he doesn't look like an alcoholic

She BTFO'd herself there

>vegan faggot tries to argue about something unrelated
>Satallman says he just doesn't care
>whiny cunt still bitching
Nah, Stallman just sat there and let the faggot spin its wheels.

Lost me on line 2.

Do not move to windows, microdick is becoming as bad as apple, and success is just now coming into view for linux with the passing of that titan.

>waaaa you're a hypocrite why don't you fight my battle
Lazy cunt with nothing to do
Americans are faggots tho, why not just tell her "fuck off you're in the wrong place"?

Being a programmer is suffering:

Richard Stallman
Terry Davis
Hans Reiser
Ian Murdock
Uriel

name a trait that's present in you and not in animals

(((Daniel Himmelstein)))

High levels of consciousness

his Saint IGNUcius character is funny

youtube.com/watch?v=1jPmnDZ6ab8

innately?

capitalize that consciousness and yes they totally. My cat is not a tongue in any way and will literally ask about speech all the time. Like..

"Speloonie? *looks at me* what's that?" and starts saying it to himself

Animals are totally capable of it.

I think you should spend less time with your cat, user

Why the fuck is a stupid yuppie vegan slut in a stallman talk?
Why are vegans even allowed to exist?

> Animals are persons
Compelling argument

only humans have the mental predisposition to being able to shitpost on Sup Forums.

I can fuck your mom
Oh wait no, everyone does that. Regardless of species

>open video
>first thing I see is him rubbing his fungus ridden feet on the chair

Productivity
>inb4 projecting autist

Sapience

[–]gobblegourd 2 points 2 months ago

I asked him if there was an opportunity for the free software movement to collaborate with other movements concerning freedom and justice such as Black Lives Matter or the Animal Liberation movements. He said he couldn't see how; they're too different. Then he said he agrees with one of those movements, but not the other.

Then another person asked Stallman if he thinks it's hypocritical that his whole talk is about "freedom" when he supports an industry that confines, abuses, and murders billions of animals every day. He jaw waved up and down as he struggled to find words. He denied that animals are treated poorly, and said that the burden of proof is on her to convince him otherwise. She offered to send him evidence, but he refused, saying he did not have time. He would rather ignore the issue.

Animal liberation is something that's very important to me, and being a free software activist means working towards a world where everyone is free. Animals deserve to be included in that vision, so we should not kill them, use them for their fur, confine them, milk them, or eat them. In Stallman's slides, there is an image of people being chained by the neck to a computer running proprietary software. In his presentation that is a metaphor, but we cannot ignore the cattle who literally have chains around their necks.

Fucking SJW's making their neuroses into everyone else's problem. Fuck them all.

Animal abuse is all around us whether we like it or not. Mass breeding of these live stock to satisfy human consumption just further puts these animals in positions of abuse. It is always going to be this way. Dumb animal activist just doesn't know she fighting an endless war. Our stomachs put them on our main menu and there is no changing that. Animal abuse will remain an issue. Stallman must realize this or the guy just loves bacon too much to care.

Also, Stallman is faggot. I didn't want to see a grown as man play with a chair.

Sexist.

>asserting his dominance by showing off package, mounting chair

GNU/Alpha

>I'm too busy
He sure is.

Animal abuse is all around us whether we like it or not. Mass breeding of these live stock to satisfy human consumption just further puts these animals in positions of abuse. It is always going to be this way. Dumb animal activist just doesn't know she fighting an endless war. Our stomachs put them on our main menu and there is no changing that. Animal abuse will remain an issue. Stallman must realize this or the guy just loves bacon too much to care.

Also, Stallman is faggot. I didn't want to see a grown ass man play with a chair.

Stallman doesn't have to be right on everything, he doesn't even have to be completely right about software licenses. He is just a guy who is interested on software licenses and how software should be shared, that's it. He is not Jesus...

Daily reminder that Stallman used to work for one of the most evil enterprises out there, literally helping them on their proprietary anti-freedom goals for a loooong time before creating the FSF and the GNU Project.

If you take the word of someone just because of the name of the person then you are an idiot. It doesn't matter that by chance you decided to use free software, you are still an idiot for not analyzing arguments yourself.

The animal rights activist did in fact BTFO RMS, and if he wasn't such a fatty burger he would totally consider the animal rights argument and probably accept it. But such is life in burgerland: people is addicted to unmoral food.

Me: Do not worry citezen, with the power of science we will soon be able to create our nutrients without animals, resulting in a huge decrease in factory farming.

Average person: BUT MUH RELIGION.

Me: shit

shitposting

u must be GNU here

I am really surprised that Stallman actually stuck on point. He's basically right on with his argument.
Whoever is pushing him is just blanketing disagreement about a completely unrelated issue because of a vague delusional link of freedom that links unrelated topics.

IMO Stallmeme rekt her with the suggestion to go to an animal rights talk

You did not use GNU/Linux. There is no such thing. You used the Linux operating system.

Did we watch the same video? PETAbitch got destroyed.

beer
t. alcoholic

>I used GNU/Linux for 3 years now but after this I don't know but after this how would we, fellow freetards, ever recover?
> I... I guess I'm moving to Windows now.
>>>
12 bing points and a plate of curry have been deposited to your designated microsoft online evangelism account, pootella. You tried really hard at this

humour

Rights.

I think too many Sup Forumsentoomen have autisticly accepted Richard Stallman as a man who can do no wrong and will side with anything he says

Richard Stallman only downs open source beer

Animals are not people. Free software only concerns people. People deserve rights. Animals do not. We eat them, study them and own them for the benefit of survival and society. How the fuck does the activist not know this?
The next thing you know, activists will call rocks people and try to support rights for them.

>he still thinks rights are deserved and not agreed upon by a society (civilized one)
I'm not defending activists by any mean, but stating you "deserve rights" is pretty naive.

yes we are animals, but we must think that we are superior to other species, you wouldn't kill someone to save a dog

I would save a dog instead of a nigger or a mudslim though, being a human isn't an "achievement" or something to be considered inherently worthy.

> he supports an industry that confines, abuses, and murders billions of animals every day. [1]

[1] citation needed

yes but would you KILL a nigger to save a dog ?
If you do you'll get in jail, because it's the common sense and we need to think that way

would you fuck a dog ?

I've eaten whale and I'm not ashamed to say it tasted bretty good.
I can see why it was a staple, especially for colonies, for a long time.
I reckon, as long as it is sustainable, whaling shouldn't be demonized.

collect this shit

nigga wearing a dashiki

I don't think I will kill said nigger because jail time and jail is the church of the negro, but I would beat him hard, subhumans need to get domesticated one way or another, and common sense and laws are clearly not on the same field, >muh human rights for everyone is retarded, societies have evolved in different environments with different circumstances, you just can't apply the same rules to everyone to feel morally superior, if you want people to bet better sometimes you have to force them into civilization like the white man's burden, not hold hands and say everyone is equal.
And dogs can't consent, just like kids so fucking them is an abhorrent behavior.

Maybe this would have been an answer 200 years ago, but come on anons, we're far from being the only intelligent species on the planet. Hell, we may not even be the most intelligent. We really don't know the full extent of cephalopod and cetacean intelligence, dolphins have complex societies with names and, although we can't say for sure, it's very possible they have complex language just like we do. Our great ape relatives are also all intelligent, at least as much so as a human child. Not to mention corvids, which are most likely on the same sort of level as non-human great apes.

Tool creation/use, language, self-awareness, society, art, etc. All of these things were once thought to be what made humanity unique, but as time goes on we discover that more and more of what makes us "human" are actually traits shared by many species in the animal world. So while it is stupid to call animals in general "persons", the line between "animals" and "humans" has become very blurred in the last 50 years or so. I think some animals absolutely do deserve basic human rights, if a chimpanzee has the mental capacity of a human child, why should they be treated the same as non-sentient cattle?

Face it, if animals want rights, human-like rights, they need to get on our level.

Look at that gut!

Note, none of the creatures you listed off are farmed industrially.

We've kinda got the human treatement of creatures down pat.

Call me when the farm animals revolt and do communism though. I'll be sure to want to see that.

Why should an apex predator species give a shit about what dolphins think? Think about what you're suggesting for a moment and then kill yourself.

stallman hasn't been a programmer in decades

>apex predator
>mfw a filthy biped is arrogant near me

>weak woman gets mauled
>species must not be apex lulz

I know you're a faggot but come on

> being a free software activist means working towards a world where everyone is free.
Care with your words there. Free software activists advocate about the four essential freedoms every software should have. Everything else is not part of the free software movement, though sometimes tangentially related (such as privacy). Animal freedom is not related to free software at all.

Octopuses and whales aren't routinely hunted and killed? What Earth do you live on? The bush meat trade kills tons of chimps in Africa, and habitat destruction is wiping out orangutans in Asia.

The status of humans as an "apex predator" is a subject of much debate in the scientific community. We farm animals, but that is not the same as predation. In the wild, like other great apes, humans have natural predators. Africa is a scary place.

Oh wow scientists mull over something that is obvious to everyone else, I am fucking shocked. When we're rounded up and farmed by some other species I'll admit we're not but until hell freezes over I'll continue going to my butcher and reminding him that we're not the apex species on the planet.

>animals are persons
based rms never bows to retardation, that's one of the many reasons why he's a model to us all

Great post, practically overflowing with arguments.

>OP is just retarded
this and a ms shill most probably

>An apex predator, also known as an alpha predator or apical predator, is a predator residing at the top of a food chain upon which no other creatures prey.
Humans are preyed upon by other animals, we are by definition not apex predators. Just because you live in a nice comfy city doesn't mean everyone else does.

>I have not heard an argument
I don't have to give you one.

This sums up entire creative writing, and is a pointless retreat into feels. Stallman would never take part in such rubbish for long.

You never presented an argument in the first place. "Scientists say..." is not an argument. The fact that I can go to a store and buy the parts of other animals should be sufficient proof of our superiority. If there was a financial incentive to take over the remainder of Africa and Australia we will but until there is it'll remain as it is.

What actually threatens humans via predation? The fact that most humans aren't threatened by a predator is a fact, you're talking about an extreme minority at this point.

Picking off an extreme minority of a population doesn't dethrone an apex predator. The dictionary definition is misleading in that regard.

being an animal just means being from a different species
they don't have rights regardless of mental acuity because we say so