6 years old

>6 years old
>still runs recent games perfectly

How did they do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/search/image/l7cr1sXRaKRhQ7vORuSJxA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably by trying to release a competetive product.

By rebranding each product twice

I sold mine for a 1070. Pretty great card though but its definitely been surpassed now

>at 300 watts

Wish I have waited for HD7000 series, probably would have saved up for at least the 7950.
Instead I got 6870 when it was somewhat recent, didn't regret it, but it has problems running recent stuff at anything beyond 720p.

Makes me sad that my 7950 broke

Still have mine

unfortunately sounds like a jet engine even though I have a gigabyte AIB model

I set a custom fan curve to deal with the noise which means it runs at 60C idle and 90-95C load pretty much the entire time lol

Gets rid of the noise but the Gigabyte model I have has some stupid cable directly next to the fan and every now and then the cable gets caught in the fan and makes the whole computer go RATATATATATATATATATATATA until loosens itself again

Tahiti was a fucking monster.

brother is still running my old 7950.

Still running mine kek

I'm still running a 7850. The 40% overclock I have on it has helped it last though.

Had the gigabyte ghz model, about three years ago one fan died, ordered a single replacement fan from some dude in china, took a couple of weeks to ship over to europe, in the meantime I used an old 5850. A year later two of the fans died again, got fed up and bought an 980ti. Yesterday, after using it for roughly 1.5 years it died, some resistor or whatever burned out. The 7970 still has 2 fans defective and I'm back on the 5850, waiting until I get my 980 replacement.

Meanwhile my 1. gen i7 920, ram and mobo that I bought nearly a decade ago just keeps on running.

>not selling your 7970 to miners for 3x what you paid for it new

>tfw sitting on a 7850 I got cheap
Should I try a budget build?

Sure, why not

I am sitting on a Gen 1 Core i7 with a 7950 and see absolutely no reason for upgrading seriously what a boring generation.

Also this

What else can I get for cheap that won't bottleneck it?

>yfw a OC'd 7970 will beat an RX480/580 and cost you $20

Wait how is this familiar?....

>oh right an OC'd 2500K will beat a 1700.

G4560 if buying new

I was planning to hunt down used shit, make an adventure out of it.

Only worth it if you have a backup GPU, else you will be selling high but also being forced to buy high

Both statements are false

>$20
???

We know it's you, dead. Kill yourself.

rbt.asia/g/search/image/l7cr1sXRaKRhQ7vORuSJxA/

i upgraded my 7850 for 1060 6gb two months ago, would anyone buy a 7850?

>7970
>not 4850
Nine years baby. Nine. Years.

Because 90% of games are console ports.

I know it's me but I sometimes forget to put my trip back on after I come back here from Sup Forums

This. Intel has been doing it for years but they're the bad guys, amd does it with their gpus and they're the good guys.

FINEWINEâ„¢

Memory timings mod give you an ez 7%-9% boost.
Mine get 2100 point at superposition 1080p extreme at 1100/1600.

Kill yourself.

Hey, user! Me too! Jet engine and cable in fan problems.

Kek, good times.

I had my setup in the closet for the last four plus years and just brought it out last month. It was originally an Hackintosh and then I decided for a triple boot with WIndows 7 and Ubuntu.

the rebrands don't matter in the good guy bad guy situation.

the good guy bad guy is about buisness practices like making the other brands perform less on your software.