Python IDE??

I learned java with netbeans and later moved to using vim +various plugins for simpler and more efficient workflow.
Now I want to learn python (heard good things about beautifulsoup), so what is the best way to get the equivalent of maven + java compilation and running? In java everything just werked. Do I need an IDE? Netbeans was cancer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gXOE47P4eFM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>using an IDE for python

Why though?

why? well i stopped using an IDE for java once i learned enough, but i guess there are many reasons why IDEs make life comfy like autocomplete code and debugging

just wondering if there are suggestions, I want to know what you gentoomen use

visual studio has python support

PyCharm is good supposedly but I don't use an IDE for python

I use sublime (unregistered) for python. Never had a problem with it. Then again I don't test it with sublime.

PyCharm is the best I have used so far. If you arent a student and dont want to pay get Eclipse + PyDev.

I use pycharm, I like it when I'm working on large projects for code completion but for something small I just use vim.

vscode or pycharm

Unironically, vim. Like gentoo, it's one of those things that gets memed a lot, but in reality is actually really good.

what I dont get is how do you keep track of all the files in your project ? honestly that and the GIT integration is the reason I still use Eclipse for basically anything. Seems just like Eclipse takes care of a lot of organisation stuff in bigger projects. I guess for scripting sth like sublime or atom is pretty great though.

>he doesn't use the NSA key for sublime

I just realised Atom has all of those things actually... but sublime is still just a normal editor right ?

Yeah currently I just separate my files by project (one folder for scrapers, another for browser automation, etc.) and then just manually update repositories when I make changes. It's a bit of a bitch but fortunately I am the only currently who works with the code at the moment.

I know, I use vim and bash scripts for java dev right now.

PyCharm

>pirating a text editor
wincucks are funny sometimes

quickly test and experiment modules and functions

PyCharm is open source though

>Eclipse + PyDev
yeah total shit

t. used it for months before realizing how much it's shit

use VSCode or Sublime with plugins

Pycharm is GOAT

Wing IDE is where it is at.

>implying sublime is exclusive to windows
dumbass

youtube.com/watch?v=gXOE47P4eFM
here's a cool tutorial about sublime keyboard shortcuts for you

>not programming python in the terminal via echo and IO redirection
Fucking normies, I sure can't wait till summer is over.

vim or emacs