My mom's laptop completely shitted itself and cant even take in windows recovery cds without doing a BSOD loop after...

My mom's laptop completely shitted itself and cant even take in windows recovery cds without doing a BSOD loop after. So im gonna see if i can install linux mint on it. I dont know anything about linux but it shouldnt be too hard. If this doesnt work though idk, maybe the harddrive is corrupted or something, then what do i do...

your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

release the gentoo

Replace RAM.

Install CloverOS
cloveros.ga/

read the stickied rules faggot
> Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

*shat itself

computer's not that old, its been having some weird things going on with drivers and stuff but nothing this bad. this all happened when the battery accidently slipped off and after there was no sound or anything, devobj.dll was missing, shit was fuckd

im not asking for tech support

Download RAM

Replace RAM.

how to download a graphics card?

>boot to safe mode
>uninstall norton antivirus
>uninstall any other antivirus
>reboot
If you had 2 a/v programs, reinstall Norton or your software of choice and nothing else.

Go with XFCE or KDE instead of cinnamon.

>installing placebo bloatware

you dont understand, i cannot start it up at ALL, bluescreens and then resets and repeats. even after factory reset, does the same thing

Yeah, replace RAM.

I'm not telling you this for fun. The system RAM is fucked, trying to install Linux will only get you kernel panics. Get memtest if you want to be sure.

Restart and get into safe mode (google your laptop model for how to do this, itll involve pressing a function key as you restart - look for a youtube tutorial if youre unsure)
Then when you are stated in safe mode, look for the fie named "pagefile.sys" (make sure you go intoi older view options and uncheck the "hide protected system files" checkbox or you won't be able to see it) it will be in the root "C" drive.
Delete Pagefile.sys
Restart computer, it wil automatically reallocate a new pagefile (change it's size later if you need to)
It should work noiw. If not remove HDD and manually backup your mothers shit, then reinstall windrows or Gemtoo
Leave me alone...

>PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
RAM fault, reseat RAM, run memtest, replace if faulty.

read thread

oooops
sorry CIA Nigger
my bad
Ehhm
Install Gentoo (obviously)

Return it to its original owner, Rajeesh

Replace the RAM. Yes really.

> maybe the harddrive is corrupted or something, then what do i do...
How the fuck is that not asking for tech support?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

post mom

oh shit, i just grabbed this pic from google

the actual bsod is the windows 10, i forgot the message ill have to get it later

Looks like bad RAM. Did you follow the onscreen instructions? Do you think they include the text for shits and giggles, faggot?

>24 replies
>never a chance to get anything done
Remember, a thread died for this

God you're retarded.

Jesus you're a dumbass.

>w10
Get her a Thinkpad with W7.

from my memory is was mostly numbers, ill make a new thread when i get a pic

ruthless thread killer

Doesn't hurt to try, but if you can't even use recovery CDs, it might be a hardware issue.

just boot linux from usb and explore windows files there >copy to usb done>install new os

WINBABBIES EVERYONE

A threadRIPPER, one could say.

kek

PAGE_FAULT usually indicates an unsuccessful read or write to memory.

The battery slipping probably damaged the RAM for granted. Once again, replace the RAM.

>This is not tech support
And yet at least 80% posts are either shitposts or blatant ignorance
How the fuck are you supposed to install another OS if you have faulty ram?
Typical summer.

What a huge retard.

Access filesystem and rename file so it can't load

>Mom
Give it back jamal.