youtube.com/watch?v=voNqVTuSCXE
pastebin.com/HufdV1Nm
pastebin.com/T5U0DtvD
pastebin.com/kvJuxdSX
pastebin.com/wF54rKaD
pastebin.com/eym9kNFm
pastebin.com/4dfXRLg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would look better if you customized the terminal colors to match your wallpaper theme. We're talking, maybe 5 minutes of work if you use a color picker and just copy the hex.

Hello my fellow spic brethren

Uptime record for me, though I know it pales in comparison to others here.

is this a thinly veiled desktop thread

How can I do this on Windows?

r8 my autism. Running a librebooted thinkpad x60.

I'm finna put linux on this bitch!

I'm new please be gentle

Would you mind sharing that wallpaper friendo? Gonna be new to loonix too and that might come in handy

x230

yes
uxstyle

>screenfetch
>neofetch
no thanks

Is this the new desktop thread?

would you a cute futa girl?

>completely cut the tits out
What's the point faggot?

fucking faggot

well that would just be lewd

>7700k
>1070
>MacOS
What the fuck is the point?

very aesthetic

She's cut out from the background really shittily. So much jaggies on the edges.

I like futa, I guess, but you just seem like an autistic faggot.

it was just a simple question, no need to be rude

Feels free man

Fedora does have a clear policy about what can be included in the distribution, and it seems to be followed carefully. The policy requires that most software and all fonts be available under a free license, but makes an exception for certain kinds of nonfree firmware. Unfortunately, the decision to allow that firmware in the policy keeps Fedora from meeting the free system distribution guidelines.

do mine too

Wow this one is excellent!
What DE is this? Kind of looks like GNOME but I can't be sure. How did you get that top bar to look like that?

which is yours?
It was probably not worth even replying to, whether positively or negatively.

>ultrashort monitor
Gross. Might otherwise be alright.

u add margins wtf.

yup, it's gnome.

>Edit your theme's gnome-shell.css (/usr/share/YOUR THEME/gnome-shell/)
>Find "top bar"

#panelBox{ padding: 4px 12px; }
#panel {
font-weight: normal;
font-size: 12px;
color: white;
height: 24px;
border-radius: 5px;
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
text-shadow: 0 0 4px rgba(0,0,0,.5);
}

installed gentoo

Do you usually turn off your computer every night? That'd explain it lol
I only restart mine when there is a kernel update, or when I'll be out for a long period of time.

align the resource usage bars to the right of the terminal

This counts, right?

You should really get a nicer monospace font than that.

Just doesn't look right.

different guy but can you post your config for that?

pls r8 I'm so insecure god

had to resize to fit 4Mb

I'm this guy.

For autism this is pretty comfy

Impressive but I'm not sure what you have against neofetch. Very nice desktop.

Beautiful desktop, nice hardware!

Can't really see the desktop, the window decoration's buttons take up a lot of space, font's a little thick. Idk it's just not too comfy man...

Post wallpaper pls

pls respon

Shadows are too strong imo. Nice otherwise.
And putting a needless line break under the opening to a function is so stupid.
So is the spacing between the function name and (empty) params.
The way you do two line conditionals is even weirder.
Yet with all that autistically weird formatting, you *don't* use tab and commas for setting variables.
At least you space between your brackets and params, and brackets and conditionals.
I've seen worse formating, but this is pretty bad.

Holy fuck this makes my eyes strain and hurt.
Awful font rendering and colors.

league of couriers works on wine 2.11
bless

Dang dude that's some harsh critiquing of my code formatting.
I'm gonna be honest, as a university student I don't write a great deal of code so I have no idea what practices people use. I like the empty line after ifs, fors, function declarations, other things that create scope. To be honest, when I'm looking at a my program it helps me mentally keep track of what's going on.
Idk what you mean by two line conditionals.
As for tabs and commas for variable setting, it depends on the location.

How do you format your code? Can you show me an example or something?

Your wallpaper gives me vertigo. Do you really use that?

youtube.com/watch?v=voNqVTuSCXE

Work laptop. R8 and h8.

Nice pic. Are you a KMFDM fan too?

r8 my generative wallpaper

What are you working on?

Nothing currently. I was rewriting my raytracer to not have as many cache misses and to take advantage of SIMD through vectorization (as well as to add features), but I've been playing video games. I'm lazy as fuck during the summer.
First pic posted was of my old completely backward raytracer code, second pic is of something called Seam Carving.

whaat
my best friend irl introduced it to me in 2006 7? I think he also got me into renard q.

Wow that's some advanced shit!

If you say so man

transparency without blur is the ugliest thing.

>Idk what you mean by two line conditionals.
Where you have one line of code after a conditional so you don't need curly braces, but you add an extra space between them that breaks up their dependence on one another.

>How do you format your code? Can you show me an example or something?
Pastebin that code in and I'll show you how I'd format it.

this is comfy

pastebin.com/HufdV1Nm

double a = ...,
b = ...,
c = ...;
b a k a

Your code is better than many and I'm mostly busting your balls. But if you were my employee I would make you write that more clearly and concisely.

>pastebin.com/HufdV1Nm
That's the code in not And I mean just paste the part that's actually visible, line 258-317. I'm not going to do an example of the whole thing lmao.
Just moved to a new PC and don't have my format refactoring rules set up again (not that I really use them)

>virgin distros everywhere
how come nobody here uses cute things? :)

pastebin.com/T5U0DtvD
Lol i never intended for you to format everything, I just gave you the code so you could pick and choose. Here's the horizontal seam removal loop.

holy fuck what is that theme?

>inb4 furfag
p-please be gentle a-user-sama

Fixing the no Devuan in this thread issue

pastebin.com/kvJuxdSX

Or pastebin.com/wF54rKaD without my extra comments.

Why not put a female at least?

pastebin.com/kvJuxdSX

Or pastebin.com/eym9kNFm without my extra comments.

So I guess the problem with no space after scope is that, if the block of code is sufficiently large, the code becomes kind of hard to follow. Maybe im just a programming pussy but without the spaces it becomes this monolithic entity, making it harder to think through what it does.

As for the ternary operator thing, I try not to use them as much either cause in my experience it makes the code harder to read for other people. Even so, I have this function earlier in the code:
pastebin.com/4dfXRLg4
It's slightly hard to follow for anyone who sees it for the first time, so when I work with anyone else I'm more careful with my use of ternary.

One more thing, if I have one line after scope defining statement, I dont use braces. If I have more than one line, I do. Yeah, sometimes you have to put more shit into a loop, but it doesnt take that much time to add braces, even in Vim.

You're telling me you don't like some dick every now and then? That's a little gay, dude

I thought of commenting that your conditionals might not be ideal to begin with and that you should have others ways to avoid running into a problem where you need to check if index is I try not to use them as much either cause in my experience it makes the code harder to read for other people.
Then they are RETARDED.
It's EXTREMELY simple to read.
Is this condition met? Then set this, else see if this other condition is met, then that, else the last thing.

What are fuckheads like that going to do when they run into bitwise ops? Or sugary stuff. They belong in another career.

Lol you have to understand that I go to a university where kids are told that computer science will get them a job without a doubt. I'm just doing it cause its interesting, but if I want to have anyone else understand code, I have to write it in a certain way.

It's not even just that; sometimes my professor might say something about what I wrote being hard to understand at first glance. Sometimes I'm too retarded to read my own shit, which is why I write so many comments.

Idk the seam carving thing was an end of the year project, it wasn't extremely well written (I could have had the same logic remove both horizontal and vertical seams, but instead I chose to copy, paste and rewrite the vertical removal loop), and at that point I've already killed myself studying for maths, so I haven't thought out everything in that project.

Just spotted the comment you left on the minOfThree function...
You want me to write a variadic function for something as simple as min? I'd have to use the cstdargs library and implement it using va_args, which wouldn't be very safe. Otherwise, C++11 apparently has some kind of facility for better implementing it, except for our school uses C++98.

Ok.
Your spaces after control flow statement openers is still super dumb tho.

I would use a variadic function, yes.
Even if it'll be slightly slower, that's exactly the purpose of a variadic function.

>C++98.
jesus

This is why going to school for programming is retarded.
They teach you thinks from 20 years ago when programming can drastically change in under 2 years.

It's like going to school for truck driving, for 4 years, when your job is replaced by automation when you get out, only not as bad.

It's okay man, I've been personally keeping up with the C++ standard, as well as a few other programming languages.
Going to school for programming is great for concepts and base understanding, but if they don't work outside of school they won't understand what the fuck they are doing, which is fine by me.

0w0

very hacker

thx, it's just a wallpaper ;)
But Archlinux is cool for this ^^

what about now

can't make font rendering better because hw starts to suffer

oh no

um the theme is better I guess?
I still don't understand how reading that text doesn't hurt your eyes.
The font rendering only looks remotely decent on your task bar.

it was joke but mine is an edit of maim

>that RAM
Are you even trying?

My older config, I use it as a fallback if the main computer dies. Pay attention to the hostname. This config is so slow I needed to to name it appropriately.

Simply ubuntu server for my friend. :D

raspberry pi

no shit?

post link to wallpaper please.

r u?

Oh, yeah, wasn't worth making a mention of either way/

fresh install