ITT non plebeian programing languages

ITT non plebeian programing languages

OK you begin.

(((lisp)))

i don't understand why everyone uses shit like go and rust and javascript, why not using something good instead? (lisp)

Common lisp + emacs = godliness

/thread

(> Scheme Lisp)

LISP

Lisp isn't that innovative anymore. It represented a huge improvement over shit languages like ALGOL, COBOL, Fortran, staples of the time. Modern languages are full of good Lisp features. It's not that huge mindfuck anymore.

The only thing still truly unique to Lisp is it's metaprogramming. Macros are common but even that is a completely shit feature. The real feature is FEXPs, which essentially let you add custom clauses to lisp's EVAL. They were replaced by structural "macros" because they didn't play well with dynamic scoping at the time and other such things that are non-issues today. It's sad that most major Lisps still have macros and not FEXPs when the latter is clearly superior.

>Rust is good because it's removing racist nomenclatures like master/slave!

Fuck me, I wish I was making that up.

C

>FEXPs
Macros are a superset of fexps so by definition fexps cannot be superior. You can't do explicit compile/interpret time evaluation with fexps.

I like lisp but when I think about it most of the software I like using is written in C.

all languages are pleb (including lisp) except PYTHON

python is just a shit version of lisp because parentheses are scary for normies. it's literally what they teach the non engineers at jewgle.

McCarthy's mother or father, I can't remember which one, was of jewish ancesty

nil

>not posting the alien

html
php

standard ml

Perl is fucking shit

Scheme

pic. unrelated, just some cuckoldry