Is there any reason to use newer versions of Office over 2007 (which doesn't need to be cracked)?

Is there any reason to use newer versions of Office over 2007 (which doesn't need to be cracked)?

Other urls found in this thread:

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx
allyncs.com/docs/lifecyclesupport.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not really, no

There is no reason to use Office unless you work alongside illiterate spics and indians in which case get a better job.
Excel can come in handy sometimes though, other than that Office is overrated.

>t. NEET

Finish that report, Pablo.

Is there any reason to use anything other than libre office?

if you want your documents to be readable by anyone else

If you are serious about Excel, the best product to ever come from Redmond, nothing but the real deal will do.

Calc just isnt good enough and onenote can be handy for quick visualisation

I just got a new notebook and I'm looking hard for alternatives to this virus-filled shit.

Also, >LibreOffice

For outlook anyway, theres minimums to connect to more recent versions of exchange.
I thought the file format changed again and 2016 is very cloud integrated now, Very annoying.

macro support with excel files

Why doesn't it need to be cracked?

It doesn't have to be activated like 2010+

What kind of toaster is he running this on?

If your company gets you free access to Office 365, there's no reason not to use it.

I'm mostly asking if there are any major features in the newer versions, or if there will be incompatibilities between 2007 and the newer versions.

What's the best version of Office? Office 2016? How likely is there going to be an Office 2017 or 2018?

Office 2007 is the last version you don't need to crack
Office 2010 is the last version without telemetry
Office 2016 is the most recent version

pick the newest version that meets your needs

>Office 2010 is the last version without telemetry
Office has telemetry now? Is it that Office Online thing or whatever? How worried should I be about that stuff?

2018 or 2019 for the next version. Never ends, delaying Office 2007 (after 2003) cost Microsoft something like $23m a day.

end of life in october

Reminds me, you need Office 2010 minimum for Windows 10 but it has performance issues when working with 2 copies and pasting between them which is aggravating as fuck.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\osm]
"EnableFileObfuscation"=dword:00000001
"Enablelogging"=dword:00000000
"EnableUpload"=dword:00000000

this.

also, who the fuck still uses this antiquated shit? You can use online services that do the same thing. no need to run these propriatery apps.

most of the corporate world still runs this antiquated shit.

office 2007 works fine in win 10

Wasn't it deprecated in a previous version of windows already?

What kind of stupid merchant logic is this?
>iPhone users not upgrading to the latest model is costing apple 100 million dollars a day

>yup, it's just about money
The delay in development cost the company millions per day in lost revenue. So from a business standpoint, new versions of office are released to keep the revenue stream alive.

So should I not use Office 2016? That's what I'm using right now.

Well I'm assuming "EnableUpload" disables upload of telemetry, and you could also disable the telemetry services using Autoruns. If you still don't trust that then I wouldn't use 2016.

>you could also disable the telemetry services using Autoruns
What's Autoruns? Should I just switch to 2010, since I assume 2013 has telemetry as well?

My Office 2007 works fine in windows 10.

im still using office 97 dafuq is a windows 10

>What's Autoruns?
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx

>Should I just switch to 2010, since I assume 2013 has telemetry as well?
If you want to be sure there's no telemetry then yeah

What's wrong with KMSpico?

>report
Aren't mid level office jobs automated everywhere ?

Not really

The issues I have are
>Excel cannot into multiple windows
>Word/Excel have new UI while Visio still has old UI

>KMS
>Spic
Do you need to ask ?

WPS Office, LibreOffice and Google Office exist. There isn't a reason to use MS Office at all.

Most of the corporate world uses Microsoft office and not the others. Skills here are useful when you get a job but otherwise, doesn't matter.

How do I ensure compatibility for Microsoft office for libre? My mom complains

I'm still using Office 97

I have Office 2003. I hardly use it. Most of text work I do is done using either gedit(Windows and Linux) or TextEdit on Macintosh.

I wouldn't use a newer version of Office than 2003. It's what I learned, and 07's ribbon is more confusing to me than anything. I think they just did it so that they could look different than Libre Office. God knows it isn't that much more efficient.

OPEN OFFICE
i dig it.. rarely use it.. but fuck microsoft.. they ruined the office GUI with that RIBBON bullshit.
IF I was OP, I would stick with 2007... unless you really need those fancy features.

That DocX extension not being able to read it.. when someone sends you a file.. but you can convert them online for free and probably with freeware.

2007's ribbon isn't confusing, it's gimped playskool shit for Grandma.

2003 was "scary" because it had an ideal amount of customization and features

It's the most virus and malwared filled shit ever.

Office 2003 was the last good Office.

>tfw still using office 2008 on mac

Microsoft® Support Ending Dates for Retail/OEM Consumer/SOHO Operating Systems and Front Office Software

Office 2007 Expired April 11, 2017

If you are using Office 2007 you are part of the botnet

allyncs.com/docs/lifecyclesupport.html

How is 2007 botnet?

google docs

Microsoft no longer supports Office 2007. Support ended on April 11, 2017.

use libreoffice NOW or you're morally despicable i'm quitting this board after this post because it's not foss

There is a virtual version of office 10 out there if you look for it. It came preinstalled om HP laptops but MS left an install version on HD. I found it working on some guys laptop. Doesn't require a license either. I think MS realized their fuck up and stopped offering it. I've installed many times on my systems. It's a tad slower though. I use office rarely and in all honestly it's an overpriced POS.

Im curious as to what other shit MS can add to Office that warrant their premiums. Like for the average enthusiast, what new features would compel you to go out of your way for it.

Im using Office 7 right now and honestly I dont know what would get me to move on. Hell, I dont think I've fully utilized all capabilities of Office 7.

Cloud maybe?

I think newer versions offer "prettier ribbons". As if that justifies the cost. I have used libre office going back to when it was openoffice from Sun. Works well other than some random formatting issues because of MS proprietary shit.

good luck trying to read the new extensions

on 2007 you can't have two separate word documents opened at the same time on two different windows

Office 2003 is the last version before they fucked up the UI.

Download it from the legit source then, retard

wrong

Outlook versions older than 2013 don't support ActiveSync

It doesn't? wew I just downloaded 2010

Office 2007 was the version that introduced docx

>muh Office 95 UI
it's hilarious when luddites try to act like they aren't afraid of change

that old UI was bulky shit if you actually used it for anything beyond basic bitch tasks since the shitty toolbar system wasted space like a motherfucker and looked ugly to boot, all the ribbon does is give those shitty toolbars their own dedicated spaces you can access at the click of a button, which is apparently too hard for bikeshedding CS undergrads who know fuck all about technology but bitching about trivial shit and thinking being a grandma-tier retard about modern conveniences makes them smart

t. someone who still uses Office 2000 and StarOffice daily but isn't deluded about it

When an office document doesn't display properly because microsoft butchered the standard despite being forced to make it open.