How fucked is Britain

After Brexit and the possible Scotland independence Sup Forums

It's gigantic meme. Britain will be fine after a couple months

LOL

>After Brexit and the possible Scotland independence Sup Forums
It depends on how the economy progresses, a scottish independence is not enough to take down england, i think people underestimate how much of the uk's gdp is actually just england
ACTUALLY
Scotland,Northern Ireland and Wales can all leave and England still remains a world power amongst the top 6 powerful countries

Everything seems pretty stable desu at the moment. The pound looks to be stabalising at February 2016 levels and the FTSE 100 recovered to Tuesday levels and the 250 is slowly recovering too.

One we get trade deals in place everything will fine and dandy.

>One we get trade deals in place everything will fine and dandy.
That's a fairly lulzworthy statement.

Oh thats good my country has many trading contracts with the UK so if you are good thats good for me too

Where did the leaf go???

We've already got multiple countries wanting to do trade with us. Even a German Finance minister has came out and said he wants to give us a trade deal similar to Canada.

gets weak and poor. theres no reason to be strong and rich.

Kinda fucked
They gonna lose Scotland and fiancial industry will relocate to Frankfurt.
They will lose Gibralta and maybe Northen Ireland
They will have to join the EEA, forcing them to enter Schengen and losing their say in EU lawmaking process

>Pound and UK markets already bouncing back and stabilising after a hyper-reactionary fall anyone would have expected from leave winning
>Scotland is only 5 million people and implying they will leave when they'd be blocked from EU by Spain and Belgium and not even half of them bothered turning up to vote remain
>UK no longer shackled to a doomed union that's going to fall apart in 10 years anyway

Britain being fucked is a giant meme spread by Europhiles (so Sup Forums) and dumb millennials (so Sup Forums). And even if things were as bad as idiots say, freedom ain't free.

Reminder to ignore everything Germans say regarding Brexit.

Get Anglo'd by my big beady eyes Hans

Is it recommended to buy pounds right now and change them in a few months?

LOLScotland
Get fucked you skirt wearing pansies
Also Roger Moore was better

C-cute

Source?

I don't know actually

This familias

>possible Scotland independence
LMAO
M
A
O

what about that news of a new referendum?
is that even possible?

It would be ridiculous.

>bouncing back and stabilising
They've not really bounced back and okay they're fairly stable. Nobody's seriously predicting the end of the pound but thinking everything is going to go back to normal by itself is silly.

Neverendum. That's a name David Cameron came up with all by himself.

Yes it is even possible but it's not going to undo everything that's just happened.

The IMF said this will cut 1-2% off of GDP growth the next few years. So 5-6% lower then previousy predicted growth by 2025.

This is if Britain fucks up its negotiations. If it does well, it'll be better than what the IMF now predicts.

>similar to Canada

Well yeah... exactly XDDDDDDD peanuts.

Only that Canada is essentially the main trade partner of USA and it's basically dominated and dependant on them, so you may well end up being America's second Canada. This, or start learning hindu/paki.

You guys are really retarded... XDDD

>bouncing back
no pound is -11.45% down against yen for now

they sold pound too much so brit stocks relatively became cheap then they bought the stocks again.

I'm not saying nobody will want to trade with you, I'm saying that your "One we get trade deals in place everything will fine and dandy" clain is on the level of the classic "something something ??? profit" meme. It's not as easy as that, negotiating these deals takes time.

>they sold pound too much so brit stocks relatively became cheap then they bought the stocks again.
You need to think about why that happened with the pound. Why in the run up did the pound become stronger when the polls said remain, and why weaker when they said leave? And then crash when they thought remain but it turned out to be leave?

>Britain being fucked is a giant meme spread by Europhiles (so Sup Forums) and dumb millennials (so Sup Forums)
Don't forget big business, media and government shills (so also Sup Forums).

Not to mention that trade deals need are negotiated by a comittee responsible to the EU Comission and Parliament and the final deal has to aproved by them as well by each and all of member states in the EU council. I mean the moment someone raise the hand and says "happy veto" then, happy veto it is.

Meanwhile they're Madagascar in terms of trade and economic access to the European market.

>Voted yes in 2014
>Voted SNP in 2015
>Voted SNP in 2016
>Voted remain in 2016
>Will vote yes again in the second independence referendum

And I'm not gonna stop until this union is dead.

t. Cunt

>second independence referendum
Why tho.
You will not be able to Join the EU anyway.

Pretty bad. Reuters had a good article about how 17% of the economy of britain was dependent on EU. For example movie and television filming in britain was subsidized in britain by EU so foreign production firms like HBO will probably rethink whether or not they want to keep filming there.

>Canadian gdp per capita: $51k
>Spanish gdp per capita: $29k

hmm

They probably will. It depends how committed Nicolas Sturgeon is and the Scottish electorate and so on, but I think they're pretty committed.

Scaremongering of the highest order.

It's already happened, scaremongering for what purpose?

>possible Scotland independence

not this meme again

Its not joining the EU that matters. What matters is Scotland voted 62% to remain but yet we get dragged out anyway, against our wishes. This result plus many more elections where we vote left and we get right is a disgrace and doesn't serve Scotland at all.

If Scotland wants a democracy that actually works and listens to the wishes of the people then it needs to go independent. Or stay subservient to the UK.

The fact that it's toe late doesn't seem to have been recognised by the media yet.

It's all doom and gloom instead of actually fucking offering ways forward.

Spite. Also "scaremongering" is a nasty word for warnings to keep you from doing something extremely dumb.

im not an expert in currency trading and this shit still isnt over. there are still too many odds that could do something unpredictable for market. all i can say is if i were a pro trader there, id sell pound as much as possible, just because your economic situation is obviously gonna be unstable, and would buy your stocks getting too cheaper, and would figure this effects will remain for a long time.

generally both a currency value and stock prices of one country dont go down together. this time you can/could see it. brit stock prices have fairly recovered but thats all. its hard to say the strength/value of pound has done as well.

>If Scotland wants a democracy that actually works and listens to the wishes of the people then it needs to go independent

Hopefully they won't feel the same once they are back in the EU

We're going to have to find our own way forward bro, I wouldn't sit around waiting for His Murdoch's Voice to command us through the papers.

>Spite.
Maybe.

No way in hell would Spain allow Scotland to Join.
It would be like giving the Green light to Basque, catalonia.

Valid points desu.

How did you last this long ?

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, the priority is now to separate from the UK.

>Investment into the UK, half of which comes from Europe, is likely to hang in the balance. Why buy assets in a country throwing away access to its biggest export market, and riven by discord? That could in turn affect employment. Foreign investment projects created 42,336 British jobs in 2015, according to Ernst & Young. There’s small comfort in the fact that consumer confidence, as measured by research firm GfK, is still far above where it was for most of the past decade – albeit on a negative trend.
Stop being in denial m8

But aren't you still stuck with the Rubel 2.0? What's the point of independence if England drags you down with them anyway?

I don't know enough about what's happening with the stock market to call it beyond what you said. I'm not sure why I pushed you to go further with what you're saying, it's just companies preparing to sell up imo, so we won't see any full recovery until they've been replaced.

Spain is really liking that Gibraltar tho.

There's always some way to negotiate and if nothing comes of it they can go buddy up to Norway probably

I think joining the single currency is looking a lot more promising now. The argument before was sterling being strong and stable.

And what are the odds now on Boris escaping to America and Nigel using his German wife to run off and hide in Europe now they've fucked everything up?

Euro my friend

>his German wife
French

>What's the point of independence if England drags you down with them anyway?
They are dragging us down whether we are independent or not since England has committed economic sudoku by pulling us out of the single market.
We may as well become independent and make our own choices rather and stick with a country who is willing to make incredibly illogical decisions for us.

Oops.

it had to LEAVE

Im literally an amateur and dont know why FTSE100 has recovered so fast. Probably funds have done something to that, not individual investors. Its really hard for individuals to predict a sure thing in this messed up situation. They often get a wrong idea in such a situation and go to ruin, in fact some must have been finished with this move.

Anyway Im pretty sure pound has become a risky currency and wont recover easily. If Scots or a country/a state in Euro made a similar action or the EU forced you to do something hard like to go out asap, pound would easily go down again.

>Britain being fucked is a giant meme spread by Europhiles

Seriously what is with the fucking knee jerk THE SKY IS FALLING reactions

Can't people wait a week till the dust settles a bit?

>tfw you are finally witnessing the end of the United Kingdom

Schäuble?

Uhm... about that....

RIP

Start hoisting that Spanish flag, bro.