/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/SLdgTiuc (embed)
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only :^). Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers#Notable_private_trackers
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zYZ2107xOZwQ37AjLTc5A4dUJl0ilg8oMrZyA0BGvc0/edit#gid=1357476050
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The insane REDdit spammer needs to fuck off.

what bitch ass moderator just did that? clearly something fell on his keyboard or some shit? did nobody bother to ask him?
moniker ([email protected]) has quit (User is permanently banned (hate.this))

Another day without anime to watch
Another day with lots of better tv because anime is trash for loser weebs

context?

#APOOLOO

What the hell is up with IRC? Did someone gain sysop? If an established moderator was responsible for this, would they mind identifying themselves and offering an explanation?
CaptainK is a longtime member and wouldn't do this intentionally, clearly a mistake on his part. And why ban me for that defense?

22:35 moniker| CaptainK ur a good man pls dont get yourself b& accidentally
22:35 CaptainK| jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
22:36 moniker| glad you listened to the voice of reason
22:36 CaptainK| oops
22:36 * « noir quit (Reason: Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
22:36 moniker| lol
22:37 * « CaptainK quit (Reason: User is permanently banned (WTF))
22:37 moniker| whoa
22:37 moniker| that was unnecessary
22:38 moniker| what bitch ass moderator just did that? clearly something fell on his keyboard or some shit? did nobody bother to ask him?
--- Log closed Sat Jul 08 22:38:47 2017

Edit:
Warned for "insulting staff", lol

Last edited by moniker 2 mins ago

Fastest way to get upload on Bib?

upload audib00ks

LOL

Holy shit pooloo mods out in JDIF force

his post is gone and says

"4.3 Disagreements must be discussed privately with the deciding moderator.
"

Is this worth the extra time it takes to upload audiobooks over eBooks? I have 200+ uploads already but the upload data itself is where I need another 10gb to get elite

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How does one communicate with a mod while banned?

In the disabled IRC channel I'm guessing

Another thing you can do is try and find the biggest ebooks (at least 100mb+) and upload those

Some fuckers have the same idea though cookbooks are like saturated to hell

If you believe yourself guilty of wrongthink, It is your duty as a citizen of the Democratic People's Republic of Apollo to report to the nearest reeducation facility for rehabilitation.

Best place for those? I'm assuming Overdrive in PDF form?

Is it actually worth using an SSD for a week or two for initial seeding on a file I upload or will a 5400 RPM drive do more or less the same? I'm not using a seedbox but I do have a 250 Mbps upload connection. Also this is primarily for smaller media (music, ebooks, audiobooks) not movies or TV.

yeah overdrive, just start looking for books with large page numbers and that are graphic intensive. Stuff like encyclopedias, cookbooks, repair manuals, even some poorly optimized children's picture books. I check out/return about 10 books and then just go with the ones with the largest MBs. I usually go for uploading anything 40mb+ .

PDF's dont get grabbed as much, large EPUB's have been more reliable but also harder to find in a larger MB format

>80+ active RED torrents
It's Christmas in July!

Awesome, thanks very much for your detailed help.

Are those TM picks from Friday freeleech?

I thought the only thing that was made freeleech was the millionth torrent.

wtf lol

Was it pure coincidence the millionth torrent was uploaded by a member of the (((progress team)))?

No

No freeleech, besides the millionth torrent.

its /pyramid/ for all the TM's ATM though, made like 10 GB buffer as of 2 hours ago

>[18:02:51] woot 4 megs on bib...more bandwith used then red :D

/ptg/ on suicide watch

probably not. but i havent given it much thought

moniker got BTFO

Nope, new TM picks to /pyramid/

Best by far: Ebrary/Eblib aka proquest - this is a massive nonfiction library for students.

This little sucker will tell you what filesize the book is and also everything off it is retail and every university/college has different available books. It's lots and lots of nonfiction and textbooks and there are a lot of people who need books off it (fill requests guys.)

Upload STEM books. That's science, technology (programming and servers especially), engineering (less sure about this category) and medical books.

Bibliotik folks also love philosophical books and literature criticism and whatever highly anticipated fiction novels are coming out - these will be in the anticipated lists on goodreads or requested.

You can get books from libgen and those blogspots.

But pretty much anything gets autosnatched anyway (1-10mb anything, above is mostly retail unless it's what I said above).

>tfw no one has bought and scanned ALL the allpose books for me to download

So how am I supposed to get an invitation to a tracker when I'm not in the tracker to have community connections in the tracker?

post pics of ur footpusy

Interview for Redacted.ch, reach elite. Then join Animebytes and Bibliotik, reach elite on both of these and wait.

Take the What.CD interview

Hello guys, I am having problems logging into What.CD. I've been in cryosleep since 2008, and have just been woken up. After extensive testing in the lab I have finally been
able to go home. The first thing I did was open my Pentium laptop to download some music, but low and behold the website is inaccessible. Any help would be much appreciated!

Is HDBits pointless for tv if I'm already on BTN? Does HDBits allow one web DL, one BluRay of each of 720/1080 as well or just BluRay if they're available?

I want to get HDB anyway for movies

>I want to get HDB anyway for movies
then get HDB you dingus

HDB will have encodes from only the best available source. this typically means only blu-ray encodes

>torrenting on your home PC
>ever

>just used my first token
It took me a solid week of clicking through links and related suggestions on youtube, soundcloud, forums, etc. for two hours a day just to find a single album that was on RED and had a song I liked enough to download, and now I have only 2 more months to do this one hundred and forty three more times? What's the point of making tokens expire?

Hello pajeet...

hello sir

Just pyramid like the rest of us. Buffer doesn't expire unless the site dies a la WCD

Exactly. Throw every token at the staff picks and use that buffer later whenever you want.

top kek

Come to the dark side brother.

Isn't it too late for buffer? I've only /pyramid/ed a couple of times (gorillas and ed sheeran), hopped on tgose within two minutes of being posted, and only made back half if what I spent (on a seedbox using rtorrent).

Seems like a losing proposition, especially now that the recs have been up for a few hours

Can someone xplain what happened with jpopsuki? Was everything renewed? The admin still is somewhat active or at least pays?

It's held together by love

The sysop appears to not have logged in in over 3 years. But he can easily make it appear that way. So who knows.

This happens every time. The sysop doesn't give a shit enough about the site a la Apollo, but he's not shit enough to not pay for the site to stay up so fags can get their music, unlike Apollo.

Well with tokens you will always make back more than you spend (since you have nothing else better to spend them on). I continued to get 100s of MB days after the initial TM picks were given. It's not really too late as long as you have a seedbox.

Not ideal at all but if it's between that and trying to force yourself to spend your tokens in a few months I'd pick the former.

>missed the recs by a few hours again

I'm honestly not 100% sure, but it's better than just letting the tokens go to waste especially if you have nothing you explicitly want right now.
For me, I'd rather add large torrents to my seedbase using the tokens which, if I seed forever, will slowly but surely build me more buffer over time as the site grows.
Not pushing your HDD space/seedbase to its limits is the reason why most people have issues with ratio. They think that if they go below 1.0 that they'll get banned or something.

Some of you guys are alright

Don't go to RED tomorrow

You should download everything FLAC with the FL tokens or big uploads and permaseed unless it's been > 1 day.

If it's >1 day you will have to see what new albums come out and pyramid with FL tokens on those.

It's so hard to gain buffer at the moment that these methids are essential. You gain some you lose some.

Guys, can we talk about this monstrosity?

I added all the TM reqs using all my tokens on the largest torrents about 2 hrs ago and I've already made back all the download I would have spent even without the tokens.

tokens expire because if they didn't then faggots like you would just sit on them forever. Now you have to use them and actually put something into the economy.

Is MTV worth it?

ratioless BTN, albeit with poor seeding retention on older series

Up2U

Are you on BTN?
>Yes
no
>No
Yes

>ratioless BTN
Isn't BTN ratioless?

X=X-1
where
X=Infinite seeders

BTN is perfect tracker.

Join it and find out!

yeah my brain's ratio got fucked up

I've been chasing BTN for ages now, I really regret holding off on a Teh account months ago because I missed the time requirements by about a month

Who knows if Myr will actually return

Yes, making MTV completely pointless if you're on BTN already

MTV serves the same purpose as a general tracker. Good for popular and recent stuff but not good at all for anything older, especially if you want variety on quality options.

If they're not, somebody needs to update some shit.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers#Notable_private_trackers

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zYZ2107xOZwQ37AjLTc5A4dUJl0ilg8oMrZyA0BGvc0/edit#gid=1357476050

>Months ago
Teh had open signups like 3 weeks ago

There's very little chance they recruit from TehC again, especially given how easily it is to get into there from MAM

I have an account on Teh, what I meant is that I had the opportunity to join earlier, and if I did I'd probably be in BTN

Fair point, but MAM is requiring a 6 month old account now at least, doesn't change the fact that Teh keeps opening their doors constantly

It's ratioless.

Who recruits from BIB besides HDB?

AOM

AB, TehC ThePlace, GGn and a few others not worth mentioning

GazelleGames
PassTheHeadphones
32Pages
-
TheGeeks
TheShow
ThePlace
I Love Classics
CN
Oppaitime

The ones worth mentioning are AB and HDB. AHD was there but it was removed after Bib started recruiting on RED.

Thanks

And historically Bib was a recruitment site for PTP and BTN.

What the fuck happened to UGC?

haxx0red by 70031337 spagett1

they threatened to shutdown for good

sure did : (

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Agree/disagree/change

Above cabal
HDB

Cabal
BTN
PTP
Bibliotik

Just below cabal but complacent
GGn
AB
Redacted
bB
AHD
KG

Curry or well below cabal
Apollo
MyAnonamouse
x264
MTV
TL
. click (formerly biz) niche sites
UGC
AR

Below curry
SCC
IPT

Apil

>offer ten AB invites on a big low-tier tracker
>literally not a single person wants one
I dont understand

Most people don't know how to get into good trackers.

Hook me up, dawg.

Good! I feel that x264, TL, and AR should be somewhere between just below cabal and curry, though. Slightly curry?

Where's oppaiti.me ?

But you aren't supposed to offer invites.

new FL album just dropped on RED

Probably between just below cabal and curry

What do you mean?

>as long as you have a seedbox

This is why people hate RED. Even people with 500/500 mbps fiber to the home get fucked by RED's non-functional ratio economy.

The only thing keeping RED alive are the FL tokens.

All of you should download the new FL albums now.

Agreed, nothing really seems out of place

IPT has zero standing, but they're still the best general.

pretty much, although idunno about thegeeks being curry, i quite like it

wtf?