Alright Sup Forums, what is your opinion on this CPU? I just pulled it out of an old laptop

Alright Sup Forums, what is your opinion on this CPU? I just pulled it out of an old laptop.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/9Lw7jc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Was an ok chip for the time, but now it's pretty shit tier like most other AMD chips. Your phone is probably more powerful than that thing. It's a dual core cpu made for laptops so it's pretty worthless for the most part.

It's pretty much proof of the OEMs being bribed by intel to undermine AMD. Once intel got sued they just paid OEMs to do shit TIM application jobs and use dogshit quality TIM.

I had an A8 APU laptop and fixed a friends i3 laptop, each one had the thermal paste applied differently. My laptop had a shit job done like the pic you posted and my friend's i3 laptop had a lot of silvery thermal paste mostly on the center and none of it was spilled over to the rest of the die.

I replaced the TIM on both yet my laptop's temps decreased by 15°C and my friend by ~3°C.

Well prepare your trash i7 for this beast!
Its my Celeron from 2002 and it can play HL2 for approximately 10 minutes before it shuts off but when its on, it runs like a dream :D

>Was an ok chip for the time, but now it's pretty shit tier like most other AMD chips.
My A8 laptop was pretty okay. I hope we see something significantly good with their raven ridge apus

Some of AMD's APUs in laptops are pretty decent honestly. Inexpensive with decent mid range performance, but of course the low end is shit and high end doesn't exist for AMD.

OP here, my Lenovo has an A8 APU as well and it is absolute shit. I'm selling it and getting a gaming laptop.

Yeah a dedicated gpu is much better. APUs are good for chicks that watch netflix a lot and play facebook games and other boring normie shit that makes regular integrated laptops run horribly. You can do light gaming with old games on an A8 but nothing crazy.

Don't bother, gaming laptops are very overhyped, just build yourself a desktop pc for like $300. G4400 + Rx 560 packs one hell of a kick (high 1080p gaming) and you even find mini-ITX LGA 1151 motherboards for like $50.

I used to have a $1000 "gaming" asus laptop. First thing is performance is absolute dogshit when on battery and only lasts ~1 hour gaming. Next is the overheating and thermal throttling are annoying as fuck as they cause frame stutter and lag.

And even if you cool your room with the AC at 10C° you'll still experience TDP throttling.

Fucking really? Well, I considered using it for school and home, but I have another to use for school so the battery isn't a huge issue.

>Fucking really?
Yeah, they're all basically the same. Really bummed me out too when I found out. One second I was spiking 40-50 FPS on BF4 in medium 1080p settings and the next it kept dropping to 20-30 FPS which caused frame stuttering and lag. Weird thing is mantle made the frame drops worse for some reason, to the point where the game would occasional freeze for half a second.

Well what if I keep it on AC all the time? I game at home mostly

If you gayme at home why bother with a laptop? You're paying more money for less performance and cooling that won't even do the job if you're outside in the middle of a canadian winter

Use your shekels on an ITX build instead if space is a concern (if you've got a bit of room to work with, matx boards are a lot cheaper or the better ones give you a lot more for your money)

TDP throttling would still kick in. Even if it didn't running the AC on max load is expensive, most use ~50$ a month if you keep them on 8 hours a day.

Really wish laptops and gaming could happen but I guess not. Hopefully it will one day but until that day comes mini-itx should be everyone's go-to for gaming.

Listen dude I don't wanna have to spend more than $200 on these things isn't there a cheaper option?
>Inb4 console gaming

>wants to game on PC with a reasonable experience
>"can I do this for less than $200?"
No, either don't play PC games and invest what time and money you do have to improve your financial position, or just spend more money because in the long run you'll get more value out of what you initially spent.

Alright fine. $350 is the highest I'll go. Are you sure I can't game on $200? Jesus you people just wanna steal my money huh?

>$350
If you want an actual PC gaming experience that isn't dog shit and isn't ultimately ripping you off. $500 is the bare minimum you must spend. If you can't, then I guess you're shit outta luck.

pcpartpicker.com/list/9Lw7jc

>Are you sure I can't game on $200?
If you expect to play modern games at very high settings you can not go below 800$.

For 200$ you may get a okayish GPU, but that's it.

it's part of the eastern bloc kids only play sa:mp and pirated wow meme crappy 200x lappys cliche

a cylinder of helium and a plastic bag will probably run you less