Global gpu shortage

>global gpu shortage
cryptomining fags need to die.

agreed

>charging this much for a GPU.

>AMD cucks still buy it anyway.

Conciding I used to own a R9 380 I feel really sorry for them in my country honestly.
Please don't do this.

here is another lol.
How do AMD cucks aford this its just sad that this is a so called "mid range card" going for this much.

>Blaming the cryptocoin miners
>Instead of the electric jews who charge this much, and are most certainly restricting supply of these cards.

As someone who has only been mining with the card I already had, trust me when I say this fad is dying. I've seen my profits (of the only card I have mind you) cut nearly in half since I started.

There is no reason that they haven't restocked by now, its just scalpers or retailers latching on to the trend, and keeping this inflation of prices going artificially.

> Get laid off from my job
> Worried about rent so sell my RX 480 8GB the next day
> Dude from craigslist picks it up, leaves
> Literally five minutes later get a call with a job offer
> Accept it, work, get paid, pay bills/rent
> Planning on buying a replacement GPU on my next paycheck
> Fucking cryptofags shot the price up almost overnight and now I can't afford the same GPU I had before

Being poor sucks I guess. I literally picked the exact worse time to sell and now I am stuck with integrated graphics on my 6600k because I refuse to pay $400+ for a decent AMD GPU.

I'll probably just buy a 6GB 1060 or something fuck I don't know.

>electric jews
lel

>electric Jews

Stopped reading right there.
Repoeted for anti-Semitism in a blue board.

Wtf. I have an RX470 and I got it in November for like $200 tier..
These prices now seem stupid.

Suck my cock poor fag.

I expect prices to drop hard and a flood of used GPUs for near to normal pricing because mining faggots are desperate to recoup losses when eth no longer becomes viable.

People are trying to sell R9 280xs for $300+ on Craigslist here.

I just saw a guy trying to get $700 for two 380s with a "firm on price will not separate" tag as well.

Part of me can't wait for this particular crypto bubble to burst like all of the previous ones because it means the market will be flooded with cheap GPUs, but at the same time it won't be safe to buy any of them since they'll have been run at 100% utilization for months on end.

>Oopsie goy, we must amp up the price of video games because of piracy, it's sad i know :^(
>Oopsie goy, we must amp up the price of graphic cards because of miners, it's sad i know :^(

>buying used GPUs
Would you get a used gf?

>what is the free market

So this means videogames can become good again?

As in not over-relying on fancy graphics and emphasising good mechanics and economic visual design?

Fucking awesome.

Hardware companies are cancer for vidya btw

If she can suck my dick at 120fps with 8x AA than yeah

>free market

cuck

commie

>tfw my gf felt brand new when i hooked up with her. dick barely fit in her
>she says she has been with one guy before

>Because console people buy into the pc master race meme

How does it feel being a beta provider?

>beta provider
kek

How does it feel to be a lonely beta faggot?

Couls someone send me 4 bitcoins to grow my business? If you bought them at the beginning for pennies.. I can send you some moneys, multiple times their original price.

[email protected]

50 gpus mining here, are you mad op ?

Has anyone bought a videocard used for mining for cheap ? I know they were being used 24/7 at 100% capacity but how bad can it be ? Especially one with warranty

Reported.

>to grow my business

Yeah nah. Just so you know: you cannot buy a gf for 3 buttcoing

I can't decide if I should sell my 1070 or not and make anfew $$. I don't know what to replace it with though, I could nearly do a direct swap to a 1080 if I'm lucky. On the otherhand there is literally nothing that I want to play that's graphically intensive for the rest of the year. Video games are in a slump for me

just keep it, hell even my 760 is holding me alright since i don't really play anything intensive myself

Global GPU shortage is a hoax created for and by the Chinese

How is GPU mining profitable? You can't even buy your grocery with shitcoins

Retards give you their real bucks for shitcoins you mongoloid

Why would anyone do that?

Is this men's jewelry?

>there is large demand for a product
>companies product innovation is proportional to demand
>thus product demand fuels product improvement

And I still come here and read you dumb fucks bitching. Get a fucking clue OP

Testing my new gpu

what can be realistically be done to tank cryptocurrencies?

I make about 125$ a day, and I'm living in a third world country, this amount of money buys me groceries for a month.

Last time a group just said the bitcoin blockchain contained cp.
The bitcoin value then crashes and said group bought up a sizable chunk of bitcoin.

LA LA LA LA MINORITIES ARE GODS GIFT
ONLY WHITES ARE CAPABLE OF EVIL
LA LA LA LA IM NOT LISTENING TO YOUUUUU

improvement in mining capacities of GPU

And which group was that?
Let me guess... ">Da joos"?
Fuck off.

Jews are not minority

Are you fucking serious? Who buys shitcoins for money? Honestly

O rly?

>shortages
just like with ram ""shortages"" this is just a big money making machine
>guys you better buy this card for double the price or you won't get it anymore

>bought 1070 in May for a bit over $350
>three months later, AMD fags struggle to afford significantly worse cards at significantly higher prices

I'm not spiteful enough to actually enjoy this, but there's definitely something morbidly funny about the situation.

Because Nvidiafags are totally not buying $400+ 1060 cards and $600+ 1070 cards

Everyone, people that are not in the crypto game yet are gonna regret it in a few months.

shut up you "you are not funny" faggot. get ovened pls.

Also he is right, the fad is dying and the profits have been cut in half from June to July.

lmao, etherum prices are only going to tank from now on and it's useless to mine bitcoins with gpus

there was a guy who had like 8 GTX 1070's for mining here. I want him to post the pics again. Let us all look at the cry babbies who have nothing better to do with their lives but "muh vidya"

No one's mining bitcoin senpai.

>100K/y makes you a member of the 1%
um wat

My point was that AMDfags used to act like spending over $400 on a GPU is for retards with more money than sense, but the vast majority of them who are in the market for a GPU (and don't want to wait for Vega) now shell out even more after the prices skyrocketed, despite all the bitching and moaning, when the prudent thing to do is wait until the scalping ends.

Global size, yes. USA? No.

Good goy

>Repoeted for anti-Semitism in a blue board.
now this is something new

Implying amd fag not buying 480 on release

No, you retarded Sup Forumsack.
It was a small scene group of like 5 people.

What are they mining

Literally nobody is paying $400 on a 480 to play games, only ones paying that much are minerfags

>tfw you can't tell who's trolling who

wtf is a Radion

Frogposters do not deserve to live.

at least you didn't pay an extra hundred goy bucks for a Founders Edition (TM) card.

LOL

Took a risk with a 280X for $150 after the bitcoin bubble burst. Had tons of artifacts in game. Would not recommend.

>mining with a Cuda-free card
Are miners that retarded?

I make $90 a month with my RX 480.
It pays for itself in 3 month, if bought at $270, and then makes free $90 a month.
Now if you had 20 of those, they would still pay for themselves in 3 month, and then make $1800 a month.
Why not get 50 and stop working?

because you're a dumb nigger

Well, what is it? There is still no supply and the prices are unreasonably high. Come on, capitalist, where is it?

Ethereum and other altcoins.

>Im Zulauf
netter versuch

300€ sind außerdem immer noch viel zu viel für ne 580

I don't really get this. All you basically do is forex trading with heavily volatile currencies. You can do this shit without 25 graphics cards.

Having more than 1.5 million USD and 40 acres of usable land makes you among the 1%.

it's trading vs owning slaves.
owning slaves is nicer because they keep making money for you. Trading is risky.

Fucking trade me banned me

But muh gamez... grow up skid

You have no idea what mining is.

AMD GPUs are significantly better price per TFLOPS despite their inferior gaming performance and as a result are (usually) more cost-effective than NVIDIA cards for mining.

Go with a used 970 dude, it's what I had to do. There's a metric fuckton of them on the market from the 3.5 thing.

You don't need those cards anyways

just get a nice Macbook Pro for your computer needs and PS4 Pro for your video game needs and everything will be just fine.

Is that a Juventus Pepe?

>juve

fuck off loser. you deserve this

I think loser is the only slur that doesn't apply

>PS4 Pro for your video game needs.
Playing at 23.99 fps is literally nauseating.

I am stuck in the same decision, user.
I'm wondering whether to shill my R9 Fury or not.

You pc mastercucks wouldn't have this problem if you'd just by a damn console like a normal human being and stop upgrading your gpu every few months for marginal performance increases which aren't even noticeable.

>implying cryptomining didn't save GPUs
People weren't going to shell out $600/card to AMD and nVidia for shitty PS3 ports and moba garbage made for Intel integrated GRFX.

It's not sad; it's great. If you haven't already sold your AMD card(s) to people mining/wanting to mine, do it before the bubble pops. You'll be able to buy a nvidia card that's way better at gaming for what you'll get for a used RX 470 or a 480 or a 580.

Crypto's topped out already, its now the bear-market. You won't be able to make a gpu trade this sweet until it bottoms out a year or two from now and we get another bubble.

It depends on the fans, it really does. And most if not all GPU fans are utter garbage.

If the GPU has double ball bearing fans then it's probably fine. If it's got sleeve bearing fans then it will probably be loud even at low load (rattle sound from the fans, not from them spinning) and there's a good chance the fans will fail if they haven't already.

>tons of artifacts
I'm not saying this can't/won't happen but I've never taken a card that's become so old that it uses more power than it makes in profit out of a miner and not had it work normally and perfectly for gaming and everything else for that matter. Cards usually function just like they should even after years and years of mining - given that they have the original BIOS flashed (mining some coins is more profitable with a custom BIOS which doesn't work well for other uses). Worn out fans is usually the only hardware problem with cards that have been mining 24/7.

implying the bubble is popping any time soon

SNES man
The last good console

>tfw i already got my 1070 and can comfortably do what i like
>by the time i need a new card the bubble will have well popped and prices will be sane again

Ill sell you my 1070 for 400

>Let me guess... ">Da joos"?

The elite (NOT joos, they are mostly hardcore atheists) actually want a digital currency to happen.
A digital currency WILL be used at the future.

>Why would anyone do that?

Almost everyone buy for selling later, and not for use.

Few think about it as real money.

Unless someone stealth market cryptocurrencies, at some amount of time, people will need the "real life" money (or just want to buy something with "real life" money) will try to sell it and no one will buy it, crashing the system