/cosg/ - CloverOS GNU/Linux

CloverOS GNU/Linux

Official homepage: cloveros.ga
Current LiveCD: github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/releases/download/20170709/CloverOS-x86_64-20170709.iso
Github: github.com/chiru-no/cloveros
Package count: 2455 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
Official IRC channel: #cloveros on Rizon
License: WTFPL
Mirrors: uswest.cloveros.ga useast.cloveros.ga fr.cloveros.ga
Current CFLAGS:CFLAGS="-Ofast -pipe -flto=8 -funroll-loops -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"

Previous threads: warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_subject=cloveros

CloverOS GNU/Linux is scripts that creates a Gentoo image and a packages repo (Binhost) that contains unique USE flags and CFLAGS. It aims to be a fast, poetterfrei, lightweight out of the box desktop.
Github readme might have the solution to your problem
CloverOS memes: cloveros.booru.org
Video: my.mixtape.moe/qsmcje.mp4
Updates: .Xdefaults: Colors removed because I'm looking for a new color scheme, /etc/portage/make.conf: ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" is added so you don't have to use dispatch-conf unless something needs to be added to /etc/portage/package.license, base install: engrampa (archiver) is added and conky is removed, zshrc: has battery alias, repo: i3-gaps replaces i3 and KDE 5.9/weechat 1.8 is in, .twmrc has NoGrabServer now

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/blob/master/livecd_build.sh
github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/
amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-15-6-Quad-Core-Laptop/dp/B00OY0JBLQ
cloveros.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=wallpaper anime
github.com/piranna/exfat-nofuse
useast.cloveros.ga
uswest.cloveros.ga
fr.cloveros.ga
github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/blob/master/home/user/cloveros_settings.sh
linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=a785dc7037e030939cf823ee34c7b14f3b9a0e83
cloveros.ga/s/signatures/
cloveros.ga/s/cloveros.gpg
cloveros.ga/app-shells/bash-4.3_p48-r1.tbz2
cloveros.ga/s/signatures/app-shells/bash-4.3_p48-r1.tbz2.asc
pastebin.com/iCmmywku
warosu.org/g/thread/42678767
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does cos support uefi? I'm thinking of triple booting it on my thinkpad with windows 7 and elementaryOS

So is this the Manjaro of Arch? Or Ubuntu of Debian? Or maybe more along the lines of an installer for Gentoo? Do you use the packages straight from Gentoo, or does Clover devs fuck with them?

You could install it to a partition and have elementary update the grub.

It's Gentoo with PORTAGE_BINHOST="cloveros.ga" inside /etc/portage/make.conf

install it
now!

I think I'm gay. That pic does nothing for me. Did your attraction to girls get stronger as you got older?

They're koreans, user. You're having a perfectly natural response.

suitable boy for you

Not the answer I was looking for. So it's an installer for Gentoo? With special packages, like Manjaro or something?

>That pic does nothing for me.
How could it? Those Korean slags have more red flags on 'em than your average valley bimbo.

It's a desktop image for Gentoo, similar to how dedi/VPS providers have server images.

github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/blob/master/livecd_build.sh

github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/

simply compile a kernel with efistub support

I'm too retarded to do that though.

I was wondering about that too. Can't live without my virt-manager, which also uses a lot of sysd. Could be a deal breaker. This has piqued my curiosity, I'll probably try it.

How do I change the fnot size in twm?

well then I guess you are better off with an easy distro.

-Theres a 142 different Linux OS and they are all broken
-Lets make a new OS that actually works
-Theres a 143 different Linux OS and they are all broken

>Theres a 142 different Linux OS and they are all broken
hows do grammar

>acer

>acer

I have been interested in trying gentoo but I actually use linux for productive stuff so i have a couple of questions before making the jump.
1. Does this thing support an easy installation of ROS?
2. Does it come with a good window manager with reasonable multi-display support that also work with java GUI's? (i often use matlab).
Hard mode: a tiling programmable window manager. Like awesome.

>awesome

Hence why i said like awesome. I like the idea of a tiling WM but awesome and lua kinda suck. Especially with multiple monitors/java GUI's.

It was like 150 bucks or so, just the cheapest little backup I could find for when shit hits the fan on my desktop.
I don't know why someone saved that picture though, that wasn't me that posted it this thread.

Anyways, despite my screen not being particularly small it turns out most windows will open too large or too high to the point where they'll be unreachable. Any remedy I can try for this, or is it fucked?

How's the battery life and what model is it?

Uses almost no power closed, I've had it sitting in place for three months unplugged and still had half power
Besides that I think like three to five hours? Haven't really been in a situation where I'd worry about it running out so haven't noticed.
Don't get me wrong, it's a total POS, but it's good enough to code on while traveling or play some really low requirement games like OSRS.
E5-521-65B8
amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-15-6-Quad-Core-Laptop/dp/B00OY0JBLQ

No, thanks.

We should put these all in an imgur album

cloveros.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=wallpaper anime

That's the stuff

i really hope those are all the same person because this is bordering on creepy as fuck

palemoon-bin is now in repo

github.com/piranna/exfat-nofuse

Changing mirrors

Edit /etc/portage/make.conf

The mirror used: PORTAGE_BINHOST="cloveros.ga"

Available mirrors:
useast.cloveros.ga
uswest.cloveros.ga
fr.cloveros.ga

get a central US mirror, dammit

the UEFI support on the live image seems to be broken. It's not detected as a proper UEFI boot option and only works with CSM.

Script that so far does mirror changing, audio device switching, kernel updating:

github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/blob/master/home/user/cloveros_settings.sh

korean plastic surgery technology is advanced.

Sanae is the official shrine maiden of cloverOS

The /etc/sudoers file didn't have my user included, I couldn't use sudo as a result. how do I fix this?

oh wait, I have to uncomment a couple of lines that mention the wheel group %wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL

%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

comfy lake

Thinking about installing this because it looks realy performnig and also tiddies

I am honestly liking it more than Arch. I think USE flags are the smartest implementation for package management, allowing me to cut out unnecessary bullshit like that Avahi server shit that gets bundled with mpd.

LiveCD now has this, same filename

yep, I wanted to try gentoo this week but I'm a bit worried since I've never compiled anything yet, with USE flags and all that it looks a bit daunting but this seems like a good way to get familiar with it. also big anime tiddies are a big plus

USE flags and package management gets easier once you get used to it. Also make sure you try to conform to the files that the devs set up on github. That way you can always give feedback, to the thread, which helps them fix shit. Also have more anime tiddies.

yeah it doesn't seem especially hard when I read the wiki page but it's hard to get a clear idea before being confronted to it. Thx

has anyone succeeded in getting efi to work yet?

Which package installs anime tiddies?

someone build a script to get anime tiddy backgrounds from the clover booru

what is this and why does it look like a piece of dog shit smeared across my monitor

Torrent: linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=a785dc7037e030939cf823ee34c7b14f3b9a0e83

Nitrogen is finally in the repo, it wouldn't build without nls.

Working on package signing.

cloveros.ga/s/signatures/

great, the build of nitrogen I was using wasn't detecting my monitors, so I ended up having to put wallpapers together, then stretching it across both monitors instead

It must've needed +xinerama.

I'll have to add that and re-emerge

Binary also has that.

oh right thanks

>gcc-5.4.0
>placebo flags
at least use gcc 7.1.0 and not this deprecated version

had to reinstall. remember to use dispatch-conf or don't use it at all.

pubkey: cloveros.ga/s/cloveros.gpg

what do I do with this

clover@localhost ~ % wget cloveros.ga/s/cloveros.gpg

2017-07-10 16:14:34 (62.5 KB/s) - 'cloveros.gpg' saved [3163/3163]

clover@localhost ~ % wget cloveros.ga/app-shells/bash-4.3_p48-r1.tbz2

2017-07-10 16:15:22 (2.39 MB/s) - 'bash-4.3_p48-r1.tbz2' saved [1029336/1029336]

clover@localhost ~ % wget cloveros.ga/s/signatures/app-shells/bash-4.3_p48-r1.tbz2.asc

2017-07-10 16:15:34 (15.4 KB/s) - 'bash-4.3_p48-r1.tbz2.asc' saved [833/833]

clover@localhost ~ % gpg --import cloveros.gpg
gpg: key 78B93F76B8E42805: public key "CloverOS GNU/Linux (Package signing) " imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: imported: 1

clover@localhost ~ % gpg --verify bash-4.3_p48-r1.tbz2.asc bash-4.3_p48-r1.tbz2
gpg: Signature made Mon Jul 10 09:48:06 2017 EDT
gpg: using RSA key 78F5AC55A12007F22DF9A28A78B93F76B8E42805
gpg: Good signature from "CloverOS GNU/Linux (Package signing) " [unknown]
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805

Now I need to figure out how to automate this with emerge.

gpg isn't even installed. weird.

I didn't add it to base system yet, you can just emerge that.

Change to MATE:

I now have the system built without gnome-keyring. mate (extras) has one package that requires it.

If you want mate (extras), you have to add in the extra packages:

emerge mate engrampa pluma atril gnome-calculator caja-extensions mate-netbook mate-power-manager mate-screensaver mate-system-monitor mate-utils eom mate-netspeed

gnome-keyring is still available, it's just that nothing depends on it anymore

pastebin.com/iCmmywku

warosu.org/g/thread/42678767

it's not the cheapest you can find actually

I'm tempted to use those old clover backgrounds that one user was making. I would change the colors to be more green though.

finally got stuff back up

Nice.

How the fuck do you access menus or anything at all? All I have is the wallpaper.

Have you tried clicking the mouse?

Right click

Haha I honestly tried every key combination and screen corner BUT not right-clicking. Thank you.

Is there an easy way to change the Window Manager?

Exit X, relog, it'll ask you about other window managers. Press i for i3 (instead of y)

need to sync system time, add ntp to the repo

if you are using something outside of the listed script, you will have to find the program in /usr/bin/ and launch it with X
startx /usr/bin/(your WM/DE)
for example, I was trying out window maker and I had to launch it with
startx /usr/bin/wmaker

emerge ntp