How do I become a lInux power user /g?

How do I become a lInux power user /g?

By installing source mage

install gentoo.

learn shell programming and perl5, switch to perl6 after 8 months. Good luck, OP.

Install Solus.

Learn Python.

Watch "New Game"

>/g

Install Gentoo

git gud

Spend all day on Sup Forums reading inane comments.

use it a lot, learn 2 shell, and when something goes wrong don't reinstall but fix it yourself. took me having to take a break from school due to money to really start on my way. closer to it, but still some things to learn.

learn about a dozen or so basic linux commands

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Can confirm, worked for me

Learn Lisp.

>perl5, switch to perl6 after 8 months.
Why?
And why not just python?

Install openSUSE and learn how to use it.

You don't call Android android/Linux, you also don't call it Linux.
You don't call macOS MacOS/XNU, you also don't call it XNU.
You don't call windows windows/nt, you also don't call it NT.
Therefore, it's not Linux, it's not GNU/Linux. It's just GNU.

why not?
Why not just perl?

>why not
I mean how is it useful to learn both versions of perl?
>Why not just perl?
Python is vastly more popular, isn't it? Is there any reason to learn Perl over Python nowadays?

cool programming penguin OP!

the Linux kernel isn't part of GNU though.

>Is there any reason to learn Perl over Python nowadays?
street cred

technically hes right

its the GNU userland and applications(programs) libraries ect

just like android(java virtual environment) is the userland for the linux kernel

also the kernel is GNU GPL ;D

what for just play some games man

Slackware.

Slackware 9-11 for becoming a pro.

You use whatever works for you.

Learn how to use things in the shell. grep is your friend. Wanna know how many packages are installed on your machine? On arch, it's "pacman -Ss | grep 'installed' | wc -l" (you can replace the first two commands with "pacman -Q", theoretically, but this is to demonstrate the power of piping input and output).

Once you understand how you can manipulate data with your shell commands, you can do things that mere normies would waste hours doing by hand.

I watch twitch on my chromecast via a series of anonymous pipes, am I a power user?