Searching for perfect distro

Archfag here, I'm looking for some new distro to install on my Dingpad.
I've been thinking about these:

>Debian sid
sounds great but packages are outdated even on sid, apt sucks also

>Fedora
I tried minimal installation and I like it BUT muh systemd and it's probably botnet, prove me wrong

>Gentoo
no time for compilation, no money for higher bills since Gentoomachines are not so environment-friendly

>OpenSUSE
literally bloat, KDE sucks even more than GNOME because it needs much configuration and is heavy

>Void Linux
probably best alternative but still is not so much people there, lacks of packages, hard to install since its wiki sucks

Is there alternative?
PS I'm autist.

Other urls found in this thread:

voidlinux.eu/packages/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Mint XFCE

Cinnamon mint instead

The great things with Arch are the AUR to fit your every need and a constant mission to keep packages as vanilla as possible, unlike Debian.
But Debian packaging is finer-grained, I mean, you can install headers and debugging symbols separately, which makes better indicated if you plan to develop for Linux and stick a stable set of software versions.
Read: Arch is comfier to use, Debian (and its derivatives) is better to market.

NixOS: Once you get the concept all distros just seems too primitive.

Forget to add: fuck systemd. Someday, we'll get to have a very serious distribution that throws systemd and most bloat in the trash.

you are right. void is the best alternative.
assuming you did install arch without another installer void will be ezpz for you. documentation is bad but forums are really helpful too

if you are looking for what packages they have just use voidlinux.eu/packages/

they also have xbps-src if you wanna compile stuff

also if you need help with void stuff join my slack

This

I'm riding with Void then, hope it will install with no problems since I want to encrypt all partitions.

Stop with this Mint meme, it's so bad and bloated. If I have to install any beginner distro it will be Obontoo or Fedora, not this stinky piece of crap.

I heard a lot of good about NixOS, do they use binary packages or everything is source-based? Any bigger issues with this distribution?

hes not beginner tho
i say void since he has some loonix experience

but i agree that for beginners fedora or *buntu

i heard there was lots of broken packages

use source mage

Ubuntu mate, mate

GuixSD is easier and more humane.
Nix laid the foundation, Guix then took what they learned working on it and improved it.

He's right though, that we ever didn't do package management or OS design like this is retrospectively absolutely retarded.
In ~5 years, you're going to see all other major branches [poorly] copying the work they're doing today and an explosion of Nix/Guix based distros.
The sooner you step up the better - One of the best things to ever happen to my computer.

KDE is lighter than Gnome you retard

devuan
or slackware but using binary packages from fedora's package manager

Fedora isn't a botnet. It's entirely open source so you can go through all the code to check if you want. Also there's nothing wrong with systemd, it's actually a very nice and fast init system.

>It's entirely open source
except for the binary blobs, which bribasically us to the question: are you lying or retarded?

>bribasically
brings*

but still shit, I'd lay both of them into the trash

Devuan

Guix lacks with packages and it lacks so badly
and it's autistic distro so you can dream about installing this with working wifi

>hard to install
uh Void Linux is pretty easy to install. Just follow the steps in the installer

Does it accept non free firmware? If so, I will give it a try

they say encryption is not working, I mean LVM/LUKS

Still inherited much of Debian's bloat.

Might consider Slackware at some point...

1) That's not true at all.
2) The way it works allows you to easily define your own package (using normal Guile[Scheme]) and build anything you have the source for. Furthermore, being that everyone who uses it does this, you can find tons of package definitions people have made for themselves that are not in the official repos by just asking in the IRC.

It's perfectly ready and usable, and because of what it offers (package management and lisp API wise), more usable than anything else I've ever tried.
I've even installed it without issue on an EFI Macbook.
Please stop spreading fud and lies about it.

ok, I believe you
how about wifi? is it working? do they support non-free firmware/blobs?

You can just not install those. Also most other distros have binary blobs as well for drivers and such.

I gave up distro-hopping on account of laziness and just use Debian stable. It's pretty good.

It's an official GNU distro endorsed by the FSF - It does not support nonfree anything, and you will get no help in trying to make it from the devs.
It ships with basically any free firmware you could need though, so any freedom respecting usb wifi dongle will just work natively.

If you really can't make the full OS work with whatever hardware constraints you have, I still highly recommend using the Guix package manager on whatever other distro you end up choosing.

>I tried minimal installation and I like it BUT muh systemd and it's probably botnet, prove me wrong

Everytime there is a great operating system, someone baits

>But Systemd

Fuck off

>GuixSD
>not NixOS

I don't know why you Nix people can't be humble and happy about Guix.
Guix people have nothing but respect and appreciation for Nix.
We're really on the same team and should not be infighting like this.
So long as they choose one of these, we win and should be happy, the world becomes a better place for all - I just happen to think Guix is more accessible for someone new to this approach.

Devuan...

why don't you just consider a good distro desu :)

>hard to install
If you need help with the encryption ask in /fglt/ or void irc/forum. Documentation is not the best but arch wiki should be complementary

This though. It just fucken werks