/tpg/ - Thinkpad General

Previous thread: IRC: #/tpg/ on irc.rizon.net

Other business laptops are also welcome in /tpg/ (e.g. Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).

>New to /tpg/ or looking for purchasing advice? (hint: use the advice request template, it makes life easier)
pastebin.com/nBqTEbHn

>If you're looking for purchase advice, READ THE BUYERS GUIDE FIRST. Then post, stating budget and requirements (e.g. size and performance).

>Don't buy anything OTHER THAN HP Elitebook (2570p, 8770W, 2170p), Dell Latitude/Precision (E6430, E6440, E7440) and P, T, X, and W SERIES if you want the Real Business Experience™

>Recommended models and mod guide:
pastebin.com/jVSuE175

>Used ThinkPad buyers guide:
ktgee.net/tpg

>xsauc buyers guide:
dankpads.com

>EPP discount for new ThinkPads (USA & Canada only, usually 15%+ off):
pastebin.com/JVwVGVTW

>Helpful links and resources (Wiki, lookup tools and wallpapers):
pastebin.com/DYjEnVq1

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/docs/install/rpi_setup.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why do you keep posting pics of this uggo? she's disgusting.

What, if anything is wrong with the current Lenovo E series? I want to get the one with the 950m in it. I have the e550 version from a few years ago and it was fine.
Is there any reason to stay away from the current models? It would be a laptop to use at work. The current one is a bit old. I want the 950m for some light gaming during downtime

How can I install libreboot on my x200 without blowing up my mobo?

>she

I gave it a benefit of the doubt. There's a good chance that's a mentally ill man... yes.

I got a t430s, should I upgrade?

Buy a raspi and load up a flashing software on it and control it externally via ssh.

Basically just unpack the firmware and pray that everything goes well, otherwise, your mobo is trashed.

lol no

unles you want something lighter

That guy works in fast food probably too.

Think about that next time you decide to go order a Whopper.

There's nothing wrong with xsaucy aka thinktrap.

thats james. sauceyjames.

last time I went to McD, my order was taken by a person whose gender I could not tell. It was one of the most WTF moments I've had in a while. It looked effeminate but also had no tits and hands/fingers looked feminine too. But face had some manly features. No adams apple either. Voice was kinda manly but I didn't talk to it for long to be sure.

future will be interesting as more and more of these creatures are born. I blame it on plastics leaking estrogen-like chemicals into water.

thanks for confirming that it's just mental illness.

He's ourboi xsauc...

I don't have any idea wich pins are right and I have rasberry pi 3.

Im gonna keep reporting you fags until you make Rossman the image

You know what the worst part is?
You literally can't ask them to have someone else prepare your food on the grounds that "you feel uncomfortable having X employee do it".
At that point they'll probably spit in it.

The guide spells it out of you, you're on the wiki right?

Its called being androgenous you sick fuck.
Ever hear of a tom-boy? Men can be effeminate to.

The guy OP is posting is a glassy eyed chubby whack job degenerate in drag.

>sauceyjames
I've seen this guy's channel before. Somehow I subbed to some Sup Forums kid's channel who's autistic as fuck and he talked about this james dude.

How likely is it to fuck your mobo when flashing trannyboot on an X200 with a Rasp.Pi?

Rossman is too negative; /tpg/ is a fun, happy place.

You mean this?
libreboot.org/docs/install/rpi_setup.html

If the thinkpad retro looks like this and has TB3, I'll buy it. If not, prob not

Screen will be 16:10 right?

I asked this a couple of threads ago but received little response. I bought a t420 on amazon and when I try to swap out the hard drive and boot, it gives me a lack screen with an icon of a cylinder and a padlock on it. I'm assuming it's a hard drive lock, but I have all the passwords disabled in the bios. Mind you I can't even access the bios with the lcoked drive. Would pulling the cmos work? Thanks.

>Rossman
can't even spell his surname right lmao

>so new

Go away rossfag
Stop idolizing Rossmann

lots of people say its not common that it would work, but i think you should go for it

He claimed chiclet was better and shat on ryzen.

Not my guy.

You can certainly try pulling the cmos, but I don't think it would work. Some mobos have pins you have to short with a jumper to unlock bios settings, not sure about the t420

>The Burning Crusade runs well on my x220 with Linux
What a time to be alive.

Glorious 8470p coming through

Nigga i have an x220 with linux and an i5 and that shit sucks for me

Wait a minute
Isn't that against the rules?

yeah boi

>windows

wash your hands and give your keyboard a daily wipe with windex and a paper towel

Do you guys think its safe to at least put windows 7 on it? Win10 is giving me cancer. I don't know if changing OS's would do anything with the lock.

Based passport

can i play too?

>windows on a thinkpad

why?

>8470p
How do you like that 3 hour battery life, user?

They actually want to get things done :^)

Normies leave

I dual boot it for muh gaymes and turbotax.

Here's your (you) user
Now you leave faggot

touch/pen input on x series tablets still works best under windows

it just works

>not replacing the keyboard

>good battery life
>accelerometer support
>windows 7 just werks

The bit of plastic that seperates one of the SD slot and the slot above it has broken on my thinkpad x60 tablet. Allready tried gluing it. It lasts for a while but isn't permanent. What should I do?

who is this tranny ?

Any suggestions on batteries? There's a nearby place that sells third party ones. Anyone with any experience on this?

Budget:
400-500$
Size:
under 15.6"
Performance:
i7 preferably

Tiny chunk of a paperclip and heat if it's not too smol.

is T430 better?

Quite like this one. Wallpaper?

they won't last as long as and OEM one.

Also they'll die easily.

Xsauc

Ye kind of

for battery? Yes. T430 has a 10-12 hour battery life

How're you finding the KeyOne from a critical perspective? I currently own the Classic.

>10-12 hour
Why are you lying strangers on the internet?

Thoughts on the t470p?
Or should I just get an asus

dozo

its nice. given that i dont spend much time using it, seeing as i work 12hrs a day, the battery lasts me 4 days. sound quality out of the speakers are meh, and the camera is surprisingly okay. it does take time to get used to the keyboard again, since im coming from a 6s.

Because it's the only thing uggo enough to make thinkpads look attractive.

thank you based user

>misusing unicode for your terminal's ps1

I never use anything but the included terminal and this is my work machine I never remote access so it's not like I'd ever notice.

Maybe I was thinking of another laptop but that's what it says

kek'd. reminds me of this pic.

t420 4k mod when?

Why does my T420 coil whine like a bitch?

imagine a T60 compatible motherboard with a current generation cpu

>he fell for the open sores meme

are you intentionally trying to be dumb or do you seriously not know?

the chinks are selling a mod...

What's the latest X-series I can get and do the keyboard mod? If it's the X230, what other mods/upgrades can I do to it?

x230

I think Rossmann is a good guy

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCKING DISCORD SERVERS ARE DOWN

Does libreboot work with intel wifi?

I have been using a used thinkpad t420, bought from ebay. I play cavestory on this machine quite often, but now whenever I try loading into the game and playing, I cant seem to get a good fps. It is a constant 5 to 10 fps stable, when it was originally around 60+ fps. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Clean your CPU fan.

good, discord is for Sup Forums fags

manlet

what server is this :^)?

Does anyone know about the feasibility of Coreboot/Libreboot and/or ME cleaner on an X301?

turbotax online nibba

X230's somewhat more locked down (Coreboot install is not a simple software flash from Windows) but at the same time has several great features that mean it'll drop off in usefulness much more slowly than an X220 (all versions have 2 USB 3.0 ports, 3rd Gen Core i's have a smaller process node (22nm) and are therefore a bit more power efficient and the standard 10-20% faster than the 2nd Gen equivalent, and they also get the HD4000 which is a huge boost not just in graphics power, but also API support (Supports DX11, OpenGL 4.0 which is the minimum level for many new graphical applications such as Marmoset Toolbag, as well as some games (MGSV for example.))

please stop posting this dude(homo)

>xfce
>not i3

>this pic

Confirmed! Thinkmeme is for faggots.

You know its some suicidal in the closet faggot trying his hardest to get this queers attention because his self worth is so negative that even being acknowledged is an intimacy to him.

If men are going to be posted, they should at least be men that look like men.

I'm afraid you have me mistaken for someone else.

I'm like 84% sure you are a faggot.