In need of some advice Sup Forums

In need of some advice Sup Forums.

>Taught myself Python, JavaScript and some basic C++
>Get job that gives me allowance for continuous education etc.

Now I have to decide which language to focus my efforts on.

I keep getting varying advice from people... "Focus on C++ you'll learn Java by osmosis." or "Learn Java you'll hardly have a need to use C++"

Others still have told me "Python/C++ stack is god tier, stick with that"

It seems to me C++ has more interesting job opportunities, but Java is versatile and Python is comfy as fuck.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Killst thy self.

C#

Do whatever interests you

Java jobs will make you sad. Stick to what you enjoy more.

Not a softie but I tend to use C/C++ in combination with Python. It's pretty easy to get python to utilise C, also really quick.

>C#
this

C++ doesn't see much production use outside of old ass aplications and embedded systems

C# is a mixture of C++ and Java

>It seems to me C++ has more interesting job opportunities, but Java is versatile and Python is comfy as fuck.
Python is certainly comfy. Java is the opposite of versatile, but there are tons of mid-tier jobs in it. C++ is the versatile powerhouse, but also a complete bitch to master; it has high-paying jobs, but they are not nearly as easy to get into as the java stuff.

Learn C++ if you want to become a true wizard. Learn java if you want easy job market access. Learn python alongside either, it is complementary with both.

There's no point to c# when there's java and c++. Learning a windows language is useless and you get none of the benefits of c++ speed or multi platform ease of java

>Python is comfy as fuck
Literal baby duck syndrome

From OP's perspective Python is enjoyable. What is your fucking problem?

>your favorite programming language can't be the one your first learned

Python is one of the greatest languages ever designed as far as syntax and general philosophy. The problem is its implementation.

You would expect someone's first language to be the one they are more comfortable with. Mine was C# and I find it comfy but OP is right in that Python is way comfier.

Learn PHP.

try html and css they are very easy and you can make cute websites (:

Learn Racket

Programming language snobs are the worst.

C++ is superior. You don't see it because you don't work in that area of the industry.

As long as you think about programming languages more than programming, you never learn.
There is no serious project which switches languages along the way.
Focus on whatever is relevant in your field.
Say they do 95% in a single language, learn that.
Nobody cares about your personal projects, but you are not being helpful if it is in a different language even if everyone understands it.
The advantage java has over C++ is you don't need to recompile it for different operating systems, but you still need to update it along the JVM.
C++ can be statically linked so that isn't a problem, but you need to compile it once per OS and architecture.
A lot of people just set up a build server, so that is rarely the problem.
IO is also a lot better in C++ and there is a performance difference.

But the performance difference will always depend on what you do.
Something that require networking or user input will always have that as a bottleneck where simulations or image processing require good speed.

Focus on the one you find relevant, learning others are easy once you know programming.

C++ if you want decent job security and have a huge market to choose from due to most large mainstream applications such as games being written in it.

Java if you want to be stuck supporting ancient enterprise software with spaghetti code, you will have zero job security since every Pajeet and his daadee ma knows java, so you'll have the impending threat of outsourcing hanging over you for all time.

Python if you want to be a webdev. You will never ever use it outside of webdev. And you'll also have to pick up HTML, CSS and JS because even if you're not hired to deal with that crap, I guarantee you the company will be too cheap to hire an actual webdesigner and shovel the responsibility on you instead because it's cheaper.

C++ is for code monkeys who enjoy working for below minimum wage at gayme companies.

>Programming language bigots are the worst.
Fixed.

Both are true.