How do I stop wanting to buy a new monitor? I have LG Flatron W2243T right now

How do I stop wanting to buy a new monitor? I have LG Flatron W2243T right now.

You buy a new monitor.

I want to lick her feet

Just fall for the 4k meme already you pussy

Do I really need it? I mean, my current monitor works, why do I need spend money on replacing something that works? I feel like I am being jewed.

Doing so will stop you from wanting to buy a monitor.

I'm hoping to tomorrow on Amazon Prime day.

It would me I am weak adn cant control myself

You should have bought a good monitor when it was possible, which ten or fifteen years later has no substitute.
I have three Eizo T960's and there is nothing to replace them with, so no wants'.

So you feel 'jewed' because you chose to upgrade your monitor to an objectively better one? By your logic you saying upgrading from a small CRT cube to a 1080p 42 inch flat screen is also being "jewed".

Get out.

And I bought few of the less shitty LCD monitors and eventually thrown them to garbage. IPS panel with polarizer? (Eizo CX240, CX241 and NEC PA322UHD). Wow, no glow, but 100x times worse black levels than on T960. IPS panel supporting high refresh rates? (Asus MG279Q and the Eizo FS2735) Wow, still sample and hold blurring and generally worse motion quality than any CRT at 60Hz. 3840x2160 resolution and pretty decent DPI? (PA322UHD). Wow, I don't give a shit, too large and abysmal aspect ratio.

Wake me, when there is 22" OLED monitor with 2560x1600 (or higher 8:5 aspect ratio) resolution and scanning display mode (Sony OLED BVM has one, by the way).

Put enough money into a monitor that actually lasts.

If you buy mid-tier, there's always a better monitor out there.

>pgrading from a small CRT cube to a 1080p 42 inch flat screen
no, that's not. But there is really not that much difference between a 22 TN monitor and 27 UHD one. It's like upgrading your cpu from 4 cores to 8.

Give me enough money and I will put.

>her

Sure, Give me a few hundreds hours of labour in exchange

I have LG Flatron L1953S, it just works

also i never understand why someone would choose horizontal over vertical space

Downgrade is not 'jewing'? If 'cube' has higher DPI and maybe even higher resolution (when comparing to piss 1920x1080).

Even between older and more recent LCD there is no 'objective' upgrade: reaction times of VA and IPS panel have not improved, but overdrive has been implemented; thanks to the ever thinner display matrix - which result in bending - and the use leds as backlight or rather edgelight, you have massively more backlight bleeding compared to older panels; the use of blue leds with white coating make blue dominant color spectre, a problem that can be fixed with rgb leds or green and blue leds with red coating; input lag has always been model specific; all around worse quality control in the industry, thanks to Mainland China.

i have an old 21.5 60 hz samsung from 2007.

No need to buy a new one, unless you'll go for the 144hz for fps shit gaming fag nigger

Now this is shilling.
Take notes kids.

Some buy items if they need them.
>For my current work, my current screen is just too small, and I am spending too much time scrolling. Things would be much easier if I had a higher res screen.

Some people buy items because they want them.
>It would be so cool if I could play Duta 2 on 4K!

If you need an item, buy it.

If you want an item, and you can afford it with no negative repercussions, you can buy it too.

Otherwise, be content with what you have.