What happened

okay, now that the dust has settled, what went wrong with pic related, and will Sup Forums ever be able to unite to actually do something productive?

>what went wrong
Retards thought that they can write a browser from scratch.
A browser is the most complex piece of software you're currently running on your computer.
Both Firefox and Chromium have more than 15 million lines of code.

>A browser is the most complex piece of software you're currently running on your computer.
uhh isn't the operating system kernel the most complex piece of software running on any computer?

The linux kernel (without the drivers) is less than a million lines.

Thats just like saying that the browser without the HTML rendering engine and the javascript interpreter is less than a million lines, sure it is, but it is useless without those features

But you aren't actually using an extremely large portion of those drivers. They are developed in the same repo simply because it's more convenient.
The layout engine and javascript are both essential parts of a web browser today.

Call that bullshit, one dude wrote qutebrowser and 15 millions lines of code is just a bloatware approval

besides, it just goes to show how bloated a browser is when a million lines of code can handle literally thousands of hardware combinations, but yet 15 million lines of code can barely handle HTML+JS properly, to the point where a bunch of autists on Sup Forums want to make their own

>one dude wrote qutebrowser
It's using Chromium via QtWebEngine. "One dude" wrote the UI.

A video game engine is way more complex

I don't think you understand what the purpose of a kernel is. Plenty of working kernels have been written showcasing various different designs.
Meanwhile there are only four modern layout engines available right now. Gecko, WebKit, Presto (dead) and Servo (still not finished).

Unreal 4 is just over 2 million.

This
Webkit is a perfectly serviceable engine, yet these tards absolutely refused to consider using it because of some arbitrary bullshit reasons. The only thing that actually came out of this ""project"" was a few logos, a readme and a list of "things we're totally going to do guys"

Because for a project like this you need two things, competence and teamwork/sociability. If you're on Sup Forums and considering such a project, you're fundamentally lacking on one of those two.

Did Sup Forums help out with netrunner?

Then what does Edge use

>what went wrong with pic related

the logo is shit im making another one right now!

No they just lack the imagination to even think of a name for their projects.

I'm working on the netrunner browser. It's not exactly netrunner and I'm not using the "official" repo because I'm making it more for myself than for Sup Forums, but the featureset should be almost the same.

So far it's just an HTML parser drawing boxes on wayland in various shades of grey. Images and text don't work. It doesn't have a UI and can't fetch URLs. The # of dependencies is still zero.

Don't stay tuned, this is going to take a while.

no its not

...yes it is?

four (?) idea guys and no programmers

REAL THREAD REAL THREAD REAL THREAD

"EdgeHTML" and "Chakra", says wikipedia

no its not.

>The only thing that actually came out of this ""project"" was a few logos, a readme and a list of "things we're totally going to do guys"
Classic Sup Forums.

Dumb nigger

What says - can you read? Like, for example, the picture in ?

no it's not

thanks for the (You)'s though

@61308180
Epic troll!1!!1

thanks. :D

thanks

thanks

thanks!

thanks!!

THANKS!!!

thanks you

>not even text works
wew lad

THANKS!!!!

THANK YOU

THANK YOU!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

haha, no

If I fork Chromium and begin to work on that as a browser called rennurten how many of you faggots would reee?