Wow.
It's fucking shit!

youtube.com/watch?v=7MiKf8Rqf5w

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357486
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/tag/firefox57?sort=users
wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this cant be... are you telling me SJW sofware devs ar incompoetent fucks?

I am telling you that the animation is shit and absolutely unnecessarily

only annoying thing about photon so far, at least what has made it to nightly, is that they separated the bookmarks button again so bookmarking a page is now in the address bar rather than the bookmark button, but also they've moved history to the library tab in the menu so getting to history requires another click

I personally find it easier to use keyboard shortcuts anyway

I'm telling you that SJWs cant do anything beyonde fucking around with the design of the application

does that mean Firefox is no longer secure?

I'm fucking done with FF, after like 10 years of using that shit. It became completely fucking shit.

> click firefox
> click chess game
> click chromium
> sublime text
>etc.

Which is going to open first? Everything. And then FF.

Don't get me started on FF mobile. I can't believe that shit even exists.

Chromium, Opera, these are good browsers. Chromium is open source. There's literally no reason to use FF anymore.

t. pajeet.
Firefox has been quicker than chrome for at least 2 years now. I can literally open, close and open firefox again before opening chrome once.

I dont know, as far I've heard they'll soon become a chromium skin like vivaldi.

>fisher prize OS

>I can literally open, close and open firefox again
It opens faster right after being closed, because it's cached.

>im totally one of you Sup Forums and not the same shill who always claims to have used FF for 10 years

>muh sjw
sure there pal

in the mean time we both are aware of google

>changing engine
>cant do nothing

next instead of complaining its a "chrome clone" you will argue that they are totally changing everything and it scares you because you like to use legacy junk

Klabnik is an SJW and he is legitimately a better programmer than everyone that has ever posted on this site.

idk..

That cancel/reload animation genuinely looks terrible, why did they think that would be a good idea?

>taking single click actions and making them multiple click actions
>again
They keep doing this and it's still annoying, everyone seems to be doing this for some reason.

rip in peace Firefox, time to switch to Iridium.

slut

No he isn't. Prove it faggot. Come down to /dpt/ and talk shit like that.

I don't personally like it but its actually not finished yet. The old icon still shows up between the refresh and stop animations which looks glitchy

What a waste waste of GPU resources.

>internet for people
>bunch of niggers on background
what did they mean by this

inclined to agree but in some situations it's a bit easier use the mouse if it's in that area, although some stuff (like accessing the history menu) doesn't have an equivalent shortcut

>They keep doing this and it's still annoying, everyone seems to be doing this for some reason.

yeah it's a really shitty trend

so when will fireshit get a proper, fast engine instead of this bloated gecko shit?

F57+ is when they're planning to break off the legacy shit

I don't understand what's so bad about it, why does Sup Forums hate everything every time?

>animations
For what purpose?

toolkit.cosmeticAnimations.enabled = false

This setting was added to disable ALL browser chrome animations for people that do not want them or have older computers.

Firefox is utter shit.

Animations are kinda annoying but the new menu is great. I don't like the history and bookmarks being grouped in the library submenu though

Not yours (;

You've been living under a fucking rock. Chrome is beyond faster. Firefox cannot even compete. Firefox staff have even questioned their future. It's over, shit fuck.

they're working on it by making the browser multi-process compatible, removing legacy addon support, and by rewriting gecko components in rust where available

once we get a true multiprocess browser (firefox 57 will only have multiprocesses per content window, the ui will share a single process) it should help a lot, rewriting gecko with rust where possible is going to take a while

Safari and chromium run faster, so no.
Rikaisama is already ded, so I don't care about firefox anymore.

just to add to this, the current state of web development is that companies like google have to spend millions developing decent javascript engines and even then you still get shitty performance out of the browser

I hope they fucking fix their geckodriver

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357486

Addons will soon run outside of the main process for added security and stability.

I don't know who's more pathetic, the Sup Forums ideologues or the SJW ones. Absolutely fucking disusting

I'm rarely critical of UI changes but this is really bad

I liked it.
What a bunch of cry-babies on this thread.

Yes, the whole 7 addons supported.

It's because they won't accept that computers use binary, and they keep inventing new booleans (there's more than 2 types)

Mozilla for sure. Passing over great developers with experience for some self taught non binary person of color is retarded. Hire on merit, not on traits. I don't care who Mozilla hires as long as they're good.

It's like visas. Don't hire Indians because they're cheaper, only hire Indians who are so good they deserve to come to the US

How would you save Mozilla, Sup Forums?

Sell it to a non SJW-cucked country, such as Russia.

Yet again it's been proved... freetards simply can't into design.

>not just using ungoogled chromium

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/tag/firefox57?sort=users

3,263 at this moment

rekt

>t.
I still don't fucking get what it means?
What does it stand for ?

something something finngol memes

shit why didn't I think of that w

Finnish cultural imperialism.

Why the fuck are they wasting resources in the fucking GUI when their browser is slower and less responsive than anything else in the market?

do you really think a dumb little animation has an unnegligible impact of performance?

I don't understand what I'm supposed to see here, am I just retarded?

Wtf are you talking about? You won't even notice it. I've been on nightly for months and only noticed the animation yesterday.

>run firefox
>download firefox setup

there will be soon 72 booleans...
>semi true
>undefined
>depneds
>not sure yet

>meet the new boss, same as the old boss

I don't hate/love it, but I wish the developers spend their time/energy on much bigger fish.

Wow, so not only is it slow and bloated, it now looks like hot garbage as well. Why do people still use Firefox again?

Make it Chromium based.

Dont they realize that it sucks ass to have animations in a gui?

Addons. Oh wait, they're getting rid of those too.

just download a fork

Instead of SJW-cucked country sell it to KGB-cucked country? Nah, thanks.

actually they're getting rid of the legacy addon mechanisms to make it less slow and less bloated
also see

>tfw there are no actually good web browsers
>tfw between all the shit, Edge is actually viable
I really don't know what to use

Chromium or some fringe WebKit based browser. Qutebrowser is decent if you like vim keybindings

I just read the wiki sticky.
Seems like Palemoon is the best thing around.
I just hope it doesn't consume as much ram and create as much cache as the other shit.

nobody asked for this

>sublime
hello agent

>An awkward animation on the reload button
FINALLY

So what should I use instead? Brave? Chrome? Opera? Wish they would just leave the fucking UI alone and fix the underlying mess.

i have no idea what any of those buttons are.

they're doing that wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum

>aboolean

lmoa

Wtf there's like 500 web-extensions to download youtube videos...

so 10 addons and 3,253 clones.

>most browser extensions are useless crap
no shit

90% more useless with cripplextensions.

Nothing. Just something retards repeat.

Like trump slogans.

>2017
>separate search bar

t. pajeet.

this, the animation is so goddamn distracting and long for something that frequently transitions between states