UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA

UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HXNs9N4vj6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you are in UK , hack them they all run old windows lol

Please scan your firs-
BOOP

>e-excuse me... its keeps saying this...

I support human cashiers

Yuropoor here, literally never had that happen.
Are Amerilards actually retarded ? It seems like a you issue.

Tesco's machines are way better desu.

dont have to click to start and when you put your card in it'll automatically ask for for your pin and process the order.

Only awkward thing is having to wait for 10 seconds after using contactless to make sure it went through or accidentally putting a bag charge though and having to cancel the whole thing and start again

>tfw save time and don't deal with that bullshit anymore

why happens if you just walk by with you items without checking in for them?

The unscanned items will be triggered by the scanners at the door

No they won't.

but you will have bagged them. They don't put RFID trackers on grocery items do they?

pretty much all bus companies, supermarkets or traveling agencies all use old windows XP on their computers in Yurorich

>will be triggered by the scanners at the door

How? What do the scanners detect that the checkouts remove? Think with your head.

Once I went outside of a store with "scanners," and when I came back in 5 minutes the scanner activated as if I had something stolen.

just lift the bags above the scanners...

The employee that hangs around the area to make sure everyone checks their items out and pays properly calls up security to stop you at the door.

>embedded xp is still supported
>we're going to say it's not b/c headlines lol

Recently found a killer trick that pretty much works on them all, and I'm talking many different models. They generally zero the scales when they start, and some can be started by scanning an item. There are at least five different models in Europe that do this, and they're all exploitable.

So here's the trick to get two anything for the price of one with very low chance of getting caught, completely unconspicuous actions, and complete plausible deniability:
>"touch/scan to start"
>just scan first item
>machine starts to "unlock"
>goes into process of zeroing the scales
>it's so fucking slow it takes maybe half a second
>quickly put down first item
>scale gets zeroed with first item on it
>now fully started
>"please put down item"
>now expecting first item that's already there
>grab second identical item, and scan it so you don't look suspect
>put it down
>it registers as the first one
>there are two items on the scale and it only registered one

Only stores with hi-tech security will make them ring, food, cleaning supplies and stationary never ring. The most advanced ones have RFID tags with unique identifiers on their items, and everytime one gets scanned, the bar code contains not only the item's id for checkout, but also the unique id of the RFID tag that gets disabled.

You can easily test that security by buying two identical items, but scanning the same item twice, because "wow it's the same man, what difference does it make?". You'll either get an "item already scanned" message, or the other one will ring when you leave. Sometimes, the receipt will show the unique id of each item, and show the same one scanned twice in the listing, and security is generally taught to look for that just in case.

Amerilards actually are retarded. I go to CVS (a pharmacy/convenience store) regularly and the scanning machines work fine if you're not a complete moron, but I see people fucking up every day.

The only thing that works poorly is our chip readers.

>not just eating the 5p for the sake of convenience
Maybe that was their plan all along... ???

Dude. My last job was at a grocery store. Night shift, so the store was closed. There'd be like 4 of us a night, and this one kid used to steal tons of shit. He'd even go into the bathrooms and hide shit in the celing tiles, which was pretty smart, IMO. But there is no way for an "alarm" to go off on food items. DESU, they don't really give a fuck if food gets stolen compared to like, I don't know, something that would last for years.

Even then, next time you go to walmart, look at the alarms on game systems. They're cords wrapped around the box, with a circular thing in the middle. You can slide that fucking thing right off.

>watching people struggle with chip readers
>apple pay takes .03 seconds

old people baka

>there is no fast lane for 5 items and below
>there are only human cashiers
>there are new cashier employees
JUST

>You can slide that fucking thing right off.

You actually can't. When we put them on items one cord is put on each side and if the cord is moved at a certain angle/pulled too hard it will go off

>DESU

what the actual fuck, I didn't type that.

>Those long-ass CVS receipts that dwarf the size of the Dead Sea scrolls
Wasteful, but gud pharmacy tho

stfu weeb

how nu are u desu senpai baka

baka desu senpai

> You actually can't.

Actually, you actually can. I've done it before. PSPs. I had over 10 of them, hitting every walmart in my area. Got caught though, but because of cameras. Not all of them, but a lot of them aren't on good. This was like 6 years ago, though. Maybe they stepped up their game.

Yeah I don't understand why they insist on giving giant receipts.

Paper receipts for credit card purchases at all are bizarre. Ideally, receipts would just be sent to my bank or emailed to me or something so I don't have to immediately find a trash can to throw them out.

One more decade and that paperless dream will be the norm

google.is/?q=desu+sempai+baka

Back to first result on Google.

Hopefully, but I wouldn't count on it.

Why would you even post that?

Asia:
>get items
>pay with wechat
>leave

America:
>get items
>machine doesn't recognize one item
>employee has to come over and manually enter price
>insert credit card
>chip reader doesn't work
>swipe credit card
>machine tells you to use the chip reader
>eventually give up and start again on another machine

>it actually takes longer to process card than exchange money by hand
People should be held accountable for this

Wow. Thanks, user. That shit had me geek'd.

WHy would you just shut the fuck up?

>ASDA
>owned by Walmart
Hey, I need you to turn off the camera now. Why are you recording and taking people's pictures?

I obviously didn't, what kind of question is that?

Pretty much, i remember when some stupid fucking jobsworth pulled me up because i done the opposite and put one bag through and then while i was paying decided to just to double bag as the bag looks like it might have ripped.

Tried to shame in front of a busy queue me by accusing me of "stealing items" and trying to march me down to the front desk.

Yes I'm still mad.

Yeah fuck those. The anti theft security features are way to sensitive and just fuck with normal use.

I worked in a gas station for a few years, I know how to use a scanner and put stuff in bags. But each time I try and use a self check out it flips out and locks the station for some reason.

Just give me a scanner a payment interface and some bags.

The slight of hand needed to steal is nothing your machine will catch so just let me work on the honor system.

youtube.com/watch?v=HXNs9N4vj6Y

Why not sue for slander?

If I'm buying more than 4 things I go to the cashier to piss them off. Usually I have a cart full of shit to make the cashiers miserable

This is why one of my local grocery stores is my favorite.

You go to a kiosk at the entrance and scan your grocery discount card. A light flashes and you take a barcode scanner (pic). The carts have holders for them. You scan everything as you go. Aisles on weighed/counted it (veggies/fruits/etc.) have scales with big screens, you put them on, tap the item, and a label prints with a unique barcode for the bag.

My problem is when I have super light items and it keeps telling me to place item in the bagging area when I already did.
I may also move it to the bag too quickly after scanning which caused it.

Has not happened in years though. Mostly because heaps of the supermarkets here disabled the bagging area scale because it is annoying and they save enough money by replacing cashiers that they can handle the loss of theft.

here
Then when you get to the end you scan a barcode above a dedicated register and everything rings up at once. They have a lane dedicated for people who do this that doesn't accept cash or checks, only credit and debit, which is always empty (or one person ahead of you that takes 10-15 seconds to scan and pay).

Shit is cash.

>Not having NFC in your debit card

Fucking shit country lmao

We actually had the start of NFC rollout in 2004, but the US banks cheaped out and used chips that broadcast a consistent card number and shared secret (e.g. they were cloneable if you got near one once).

Media had a field day and people distrusted it, banks removed all of it because people freaked out when their card had contactless and asked when it's removed.

Now with Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung pay, etc. banks don't really see the need or cost effectiveness to put the NFC chips back in the cards.

Sounds cool, I miss self check out. I had to move to NYC for a job and none of the stores have it I guess because they know all the nogs would steal shit non-stop.

They don't do that here

IF YOU HAVE A MORRSIONS MORE CARD PLEASE SCAN IT NOW

You don't need to press start. You can just start scanning.

>Do you have an Air Miles card?
>No
>Do you have an Air Miles card now?

>They don't do that here
suburban well-to-do area = they don't do it
urban area or poorer = they have someone there to watch

also at bigger stores they'll have someone there to void items, check ID for age restricted purchases, etc.

This

>unironically shopping at Morrisons

yuropoor here also

ameritards are tarded, but it aint their fault. having used one at kroger and walmart, if you so much as scan the item outside the window of time it expects you to, it will signal the operators and totally lock up. those machines are fucked up over there.

>He goes inside stores and checks things out himself

Lol do you work there pleb

in my country and in my local store the machine like this which is made by fujitsu actually works reasonably well, haven't had issues actually

>put small very light item in bag after scanning
>...
>"PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE"

Do Shartmartians even have self-checkouts yet? Or does doing 2 things still confuse them?

I think the worst is being stuck behind grandma who needs the cashier to do the entire transaction for her and taking 10+ minutes. I don't understan why they don't use the regular checkout line if they hate those gosh-darn computins.

Tfw South American and I rarely see those.

That's because you barely have food to even put in ANY grocery store, never mind one with fucking current tech. Idiot.

if you get a big ticket item like a pair of $50 headphones the alarm will go off as you leave, but for most stuff you can just put it in the bag and walk out the door.

YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART.

>>apple pay

Rude, not true.

I was always confused by the iconography on those machines.

Why the fuck is their a windshield wiper fluid low LED on the scanner?

Are you fucking retarded ? It's because it's out of windshield wiper fluid.

The Stop and Shop near me hands out barcode scanners so you can just scan as you put things in your basket and then just walk out.

I really want to do it but no one else does and I don't want to look like an autistic fuck doing it alone.

exactly, I am paying to have someone wait on me, scan and bag that shit up because I'm not doing it

Waitrose has Quick Check.

Every item has a barcode on the shelf label, you just scan that and throw the item in your trolley. Roll up to the checkout, scan the machine with the barcode scanner you've been carrying around and it throws your entire cart up on it. Pay and done.

That makes you an autistic fuck, user.

>something happened
something happened

>mfw my local store removed self checkout machines

I'd rather not deal with the kids who seem to crush the bread on purpose, bruise the fruit, and generally fuck up my food for the lulz.

>have two tasty bakery goods in one bag to save the environment
>Run one through
>Please place item in bagging area
>Run second one through
>Already in bagging area
>PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING AREA
>Have to wait for cashier to come and log on to help me out of my pickle

i've used wechat before, honestly it's fucking great. if we can adopt something like this here in the west then i would save tons of time and social interactions with people i don't want to converse with

No

It's a waste of human resources. That human could be composing music, painting artwork, or adding new features to your favorite open-source software.

It is a waste of human life for them to be cashiers...

>worried about appearing autistic for scanning your own items
that's the true autism

>please wait, help is on the way

My man.

gotta get that money somehow

Jesus christ anxiety is strong in this one.
You need to face your fears mate.

I suggest you start by screaming "DICK shit PISS is coming from my ASS" while you walk thorugh the city blackout drunk an realise the next day that nothing you did had consequences.

Rinse and repeat

NFC cards are dope for day to day purchases. My bank caps it at $100 per day and insures that amount in case of fraud. Sometimes I don't even take my card out of my wallet.

>any cashier
>ever being capable of doing any of those things

But most humans are too useless to do that

you can learn to do anything.

you aren't born with the talent to do creative things.

They're big in Canada, although the reliability of using US cards with the NFC chip or Apple/Samsung/Android pay is really not that great on international transactions.

In the US, many registers still don't support the chip or upgraded NFC still...retailers are slow to change.

>you aren't born with the talent to do creative things.

then how do you explain this?
pic related

Of course they'll not check CCTV.

Am I the only one to prefer self-checkout systems because I can use up all of the change in my pocket and have it automatically counted?

implying you didn't ever do cringy shit when you were a kid.

This is the best newfag detector you could ever ask for :^)

Yeah, never gonna fucking happen. Old people (30+) literally cannot even fathom the idea that an email receipt can have a barcode and he used the same as paperless. I worked retail through college and every body wanted paper.

>Scan your clubcard to earn clubcard points!!!
>Have you swiped your nectar card???

At the busier stores the robots they have monitoring these areas will swipe their authentication barcode thing and walk away without even looking at the screen, you ,or your bags.

Swedefag here. We have this too.
The only difference is that you don't have to scan a barcode at the end, you just pop it back into a slot same as the entry ones and it registers your purchase, then you can either choose to go to one of the many credit/debit stations with a touchscreen where you can also scan your own coupons, or you can go to a cashier if you want to pay in cash and have some human interaction.

If you should forget your card you can even use your phone to scan the barcodes and register it that way, assuming you have the store app installed and your card attached.