Intel is allegedly limiting the production of the Pentium G4560 to boost i3 sales...

>Intel is allegedly limiting the production of the Pentium G4560 to boost i3 sales. A report from Digiworthy has claimed that Intel is limiting the production of their Pentium G4560 in order to increase retail pricing and boost the sales of their more expensive i3 CPU models.

overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/intel_are_reportedly_limiting_pentium_g4560_cpu_production_to_improve_i3_sales/1

SHUT IT DOWN

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1304308-REG/intel_bx80677g4560_pentium_g4560_3_5_ghz.html
ark.intel.com/products/97143/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G4560-3M-Cache-3_50-GHz
tomshardware.com/reviews/-intel-skylake-x-overclocking-thermal-issues,5117-4.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>intel are limiting the production of i3 dies with fused off features

Granted a i3 is cheaper than a Pentium to produce for Intel

Entirely predictable. The G4560 essentially killed i3s. Intel fucked up by offering that kind of performance so cheap and are now correcting it. No problem with that, personally.

>two core shit in 2017
Its both laughable and sad at the same time.

Ryzen 3 and Raven Ridge are going to fuck their shit up in this market segment anyway.

>dumb goys, stop buying processors with good value

What is exactly the difference between an i3 and the G4560?

Nevermind, looked it up. No AVX instructions for the Pentium. Literally only matters if you're running scientific or economics theory models

>No problem with that, personally

why not just lower the price on i3 cpus to pentium level and discontinue the pentium line

>lower the price

ryzen r3 that outperforms core i3 for lower price when

>no problem with companies charging more for the same performance

Are you American?

Ryzen 3 likely won't go all the way down to 65 $. I think they will price it to match various i3 SKUs, so starting price same or slightly better than i3-7100, top price matching i3-7300 probably.

Raven will have added iGPU so it wont be cheap as that either.

The article just said they're limiting G4560's so prices will go up according to market demand .. it's not going to be $65 for long.

This was pretty fucking obvious, shows what pathetic jews Intel are when their G4560 outdoes a CPU that costs like $100 more. Fuck them and fuck their shit products, if you need Intel buy it used.

The cheapest G4560 on PCpartpicker is already up to almost $80. bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1304308-REG/intel_bx80677g4560_pentium_g4560_3_5_ghz.html

Pentiums hsve official ECC support as well.

What? Proofs? Why would intel kikes allow us goys to use ECC without paying a few thousand burger credits?

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

>cpu prices went up
>gpu prices went up
>ram prices went up
>ssd prices went up
what's next?
motherboard?
psu?
monitor?

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

might as well pick an FX CPU at this point.

Wake up Schlomo, it is not 2012 anymore.

PSU went up too I think, miners need power too

Yup, there is a bit of shortage on high quality cheap PSU's around here. It took me a while to find one for my mining rig.

ark.intel.com/products/97143/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G4560-3M-Cache-3_50-GHz
They've supported it forever dude. Basically you can buy a Pentium or E3 for a cheap server, although Intel did screw over E3 fans by making them incompatible with the Z series chipset. You need c232 or c236.

I just wanted to build a new computer user

YOUR PART OF THE PROBLEM EREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Ultimately, we’re looking at power consumption numbers similar to some high-end graphics cards when we start messing with Skylake-X. AMD’s FX-9590X doesn’t even come close to these results, if that means anything to you.

tomshardware.com/reviews/-intel-skylake-x-overclocking-thermal-issues,5117-4.html

Not really, I just bought a single RX 470 along with a gold 80+ PSU. Used them both on my very old e5300 machine.

Surprised PSUs haven't gone up desu, I'd imagine high wattage ones certainly have, miners buy 1500w+ units in bulk. I am glad hardware manufacturers are making cash but this is still fucking shit for regular consumers.

Never I would've imagined that something hotter than the FX line will be released. This is the best timeline desu.

They don't buy regular PSUs, waste of time and electricity. There's enough oversupply and used server PSUs with 95%+ efficiency for cents on the dollar compared to consumer PSUs. Got a 2.5kw 12V PSU for $100.

what I expected
>miners buy new computers
>profit for companies goes up
>production greatly increases to satisfy demand
>market overflowed with computer parts
>price goes down
>profit goes to research and development of new and better computer parts
>everyone is happy

what I got
>miners buy new computers
>companies refuse to increase production of computer parts
>demand too high, supply too low
>prices go up
>people won't build new computers
>less profit for companies
>next generation will have less improvements
>noone is happy

>ramping up production in anticipation or in response to a speculative bubble

This is not how you do Business 101.

it's not funny

doing the opposite is clearly not helping the market

it really is. 4790k master race still killin' it mane.

>AMD gpus are constantly selling out
What could go wrong?

Dedicated miner GPUs Soon(tm).

After 5 years I upgraded from an AMD 6core phenom II to a 4790k, at this point i have the feeling it will take another 3 years to get me to upgrade again.

The only downside is the crappy m.2 support... But so far the whole thing smells of meme so I'm not missing out on much.

>4790k
more like 7 years you won't need to upgrade
thats a beast cpu and cpu development is stagnating

Do we have any idea what Ryzen 3 is going to cost? Ryzen 5 1400 sits at around $160 so I'd be surprised if Ryzen 3 is at $130 like the leaked prices says, otherwise nobody will be buying them.

DELID THIS

NO

yup. gpu dev is going so slow that my cpu becoming a legit bottleneck will take a few more years if not longer.

even then it will still be more than fast enough for mass produced bullshit processing like social media level shit.

kek

THE GOYIM KNOWS

M.2 is entirely a meme.

At this point you should all boycott Intel products

I'd take a pajeet over a jew any day