Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/duncan33303
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the same thing but less Sup Forums and more anime
mods killing desktop threads was the final nail in the coffin for this board

the same but kinda not

still shit
Sup Forums was never good

was Sup Forumsore good or was it filled with retards like liveleak?

There used to be a lot more Linux and NVidia shills around, pretty sure most of those people have been forced in to mental institutions or committed suicide by now which is good.

Desktop threads, Apple Just Works™, EEEEEEEE, Crysis benchmarks, and Horo.

>t. reddit

Horo? What does the wolf of good investments have to do with Sup Forums?

This is copypasta from around 2009, I lost the actual date since I ran all my old images through an optimizer a while back.

This one too

i've been here 15 years and it has always been shitty.

t. newfag
see and get

you've just been rused like you are from belarused. get the fuck out.

Sup Forums has matured a lot I guess

I have a couple pics of desktop threads from around that time

>The redditor is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a redditor and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Less generals
Less people trying to create a meme by reposting the same shit 20 times
constant LOIC/Personal army threads
More autistic arguments about cores vs clockspeed
Threads dropped of pretty quick
equal amounts of shilling
Noticeable summertime influx

Bout all i remember back then

fpbp

Me too

Are you for real? Desktop threads were always fucking pathetic. OP, there was more GNU/Linux, more programming etc.

Comp sci general has pretty much been around for ten years now.

Yet you're still here

Kill yourself

no time for love
desktop thread

>u mad

There were no consumer electronics general threads, or general threads of any kind.

>wahhh I'm not allowed to spam my shitty wallpapers anymore

Fuckoff

Ten years ago /g convinced people not to invest in apple.

How did you get this picture of my wife?

desktop ≠ wallpaper
you have to go back

When Sup Forums has only been around since 2003 /2004

˙ ͜>˙

>implying I'm not posting from a timeline beyond your comprehension

There were more windows fags, more stupid questions threads, very few people were into programming, and I believe most of Sup Forums were underage. The only good thing was that there were no paid shills.

it was better

t.8 year vet just passing through

shit. not as shitty, though.

joined for summer
stayed for a decade

Nice.
Literally, everyone was nice and helpful. Nowadays everyone's an asshole. You cannot have a good thread without it devolving into a shitslinging competition. Everyone is extremely paranoid about shilling and for whatever reason Sup Forumsitics always has to find its way into every unrelated conversation.
In short it was just generally easier to post here without being ripped to shreds.

Everyone had generally the same opinions, though. Nobody liked Apple, except they weren't assholes about it. Linux users acted superior to everyone else, and Windows was being mocked heavily even then.

Is there a place which has similar characteristic like old g had?
Is there a place without paid commentators?

>Is there a place which has similar characteristic like old g had?

Maybe oniichan or something? Tor makes for a nice entrance exam to keep the failures out.

YOUR wife? Back off, loser!

More Sup Forums and less Sup Forums. People generally knew even less than they do now. 20 "rate my build" threads going at any moment. It wasn't that great.

>Literally, everyone was nice and helpful.

lol

besides Sup Forums i had no idea the other boards existed because i didn't give a fuck about looking at any of them

I can't remember. My 20's are a blur, I can't remember most things.

Feels like a lot of time wasted.

Ah well, here's to another decade, maybe things will be different then.

i was only there back in '08

Nobody used the term 'americunts' on Sup Forums in 2008, this is a poorly constructed fake, probably made by the brainless namefag in the image I have no memory of, after ten years on the site.

Where's Sup Forums?

/n/

It's not just Sup Forums, but the site as a whole.
People took themselves much less seriously, the average poster age was definitely under 18, people would genuinely enjoy lame ass jokes that would be considered cringe redditor trash today, people here were much less jaded and loli dumps were commonplace.

One is in jail for murder.

>What was Sup Forums like 10 years ago?
exactly the same dumb shit.

t. Newfag

Sup Forums from fourteen years ago was more superior.

desktop threads filled with windows users showing their edgy rainmeters skins

>Good morning Anonymous!
>I want you to have a nice day, okay?

>3-4 loli threads a day. Actual NSFW stuff.
>1.7%
>housefires
>pork shoulders
>woodscrews
>6990 shops
>79xx series cutting corners
>dildozer hype and then dissappointment >the Q6600
>the 2500K, 560Ti, 4GB ram meme builds
>no generals
>people using XP unironically
>conky everywhere
>rainmeter everywhere

Also, I forgot
>Sup Forums - PortaPros

>1.7%
>79xx
>woodscrews
>560ti

>10 years ago

It's in an implicit chronological order starting from ten years ago, you fucking aspie. Try taking your meds before visiting Sup Forums next time
t. Aspie who has taken his meds.

8 years ago

What is Sup Forums like 10 years from now?

youtube.com/user/duncan33303

We are here forever, faggot

FELLOW PAJEETS LETS ALL DRINK POISION AND KILL OURSELVES FOR THE GREASTER GOOD

>10 years ago means everything from 2007 to today.

oh okay

Desktop generals
Linux ricing threads
Guts threads
Falcon's logical increments threads (long before the website existed)
The Stallman copypasta bot
NVIDIA 1.7 woodscrews
Fermi housefire memes
Once someone posted the login to a school admin website and a bunch of people got banned

It was just as shit as it is now and I don't regret a second I've spent here

I used to not, but lately this place is so overrun with Sup Forums shitposting that I don't think I can take much more

Cow2beef

there is not "install gentoo stupid memers"

>NVIDIA 1.7 woodscrews
>Fermi housefire memes

I know everyone thinks THEIR time on Sup Forums was the best but holy shit, my time on here as a teenager/young adult when Nvidia shitposting was at it's prime and IN elite was the boards most well known tripfag I was genuinely never off the site, the quality of shitposting and no captcha really was damn fun.

Ahhhhhhhhh, I fell for that meme TWICE, fantastic headphone but holy shit they were made out of cardboard.

Anyone remember the tripfag nvidia shill IN Elite?

Fuck that guy where ever you are.

i'm saving this garbage for when newfags make threads about muh board culture and muh past was always better

I find it genuinely concerning most of my teenage memories of his shitposting, and now he's gone, never to be seen again. What an odd existence we live nowadays.

That guy had fucking moter in him or something...

Nobody ever argues 2004-2007 Sup Forums was good, nostalgic? Sure, but almost everyone on the site was underage b& at that point, 2009-2011 are when the site truly reached it's pinacle, this sharp increase in quality on all boards resulted in more people visiting the site which eventually killed off the quality, it's been a slow decline since then and now here we are, every board is /r/thedonald and full of people that unironically think fapping to traps is 'Sup Forums culture'(although it is Sup Forums culture, next to loli).

programming socks for females (male) is a entrenched part of Sup Forums it seems

It was the year of the Linux desktop.

well, he's a texan, so he's been fucked since birth.

There's actually far less faggotry in that image than there is today, it's incredible how so much actually HAS changed for the worse.

>ran all my old images through an optimizer a while back.
Fuck, user, you destroyed all the hashes in the process, too.

Even if we're filled with /r/ronaldmcdonald faggots and trap obsessed faggots, it's still a bit better than boards filled with edgy underageb& even if we all were among that collective, but yes i agree 2011 is when it peaked and it's gone downhill since then.
Some boards are outright dead and filled with corporate shills like Sup Forums or Sup Forums and others are dying cause the influx of edgy redditors was too much for their previous small sized userbase to counter like /lit/.
And Sup Forums, well, they've turned into mongoloids who think they're elitist when they're the absolute most pleb niggers there are and the oldfags that preached the elitist stance would puke at their sight.

Sup Forums's idea of "elitism" is just to hate everything that isn't hive mind approved

My developmental years were shaped by me being an underageb& on Sup Forums, googling anything I didn't know and picking up on the weird humor. I'll never admit it in a job interview but Sup Forums is the reason I know half the shit I know about computers now and, ironically, is the reason I'm a functioning non-degenerate adult with a decent programming job.

Same here, It's the only reason I even come back here after all this time, in the hopes I end up speaking to someone else who experienced the same things I did during my younger years here.

there have been a lot of nostalgia threads on many of the boards lately and the consensus seems to be that things were better years ago

when I was a dumbshit about computer Sup Forums seemed like gods
when I learned a little more about computer I realized Sup Forums is actually dumb

but now it's just full of racist, misogynist buyfags

The faggot who quotes everyone withstands the test of time

Every apple thread had enormous amount of butt hurt and pure hate, some of them loved plastic macbook thou.

Desktop threads were and always will be cancer.

When did Sup Forumsuro came to be exactly? or rather died?

>implying being racist and misogynist is a bad thing.

>see BLM and any feminist

It was kind of a low key place, posting rate was actually almost the same as back then as it is now.

People with XP hating on Vista
Anime rainmeter/etc. skins
AMD no drivers
Early days of install Knoppix
moot coming in for coding/feature advice
greasemonkey skins/plugins for Sup Forums itself - ex. links on Sup Forums weren't automatic back then
buy creative zen instead of ipod
lots more japan-related posting, back then all the cool gadgets were in akiba, peaked with nanami mascot for Win7

Those are just the things off the top of my head

Liek this and install Gentoo was just a meme

threads complaining about gtk's filechooser not suporting thumbnails...

Hey Jordan remember that time when you dug a gigantic hole in Minecraft for no reason at all? Because I do.

>No, consoles are going to becomes PCs

Oh how truly ahead of time this man was