I lost the silicon lottery. I need 1.4v to run 3.9ghz

I lost the silicon lottery. I need 1.4v to run 3.9ghz.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cIP_f2DFCzM&t=653s
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7500-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600/3648vs3919
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Same but on a 1700. Saved $280 for 100mhz less, though

rip same

What board do you have and what ram speeds you running?

I could run 4.0, 4.1 if i went up to 1.45 on an asus b350.

Shitabyte x370 k5 gaming can't even get 3.8 because it has no fucking LLC and the BIOS is basic as fuck. can't even train my memory.

Let me get back to you once I find how much difference that 100MHz matters

Need 1.425v to get 4.0 GHz, can't get 4.1 even on 1.5.

I get 4ghz at 1.37 on my 1700

I won big five years ago. I own a dreamy 3570K that get's to 4.6 really easily, and 4.8 with still manageable temps.

I want to stop being a threadlet though, so now I'm super nervous about next time I have to play the great lottery.

>get's
What the fuck was that?

>80% yield
>op still lost
wew.
maybe shit mobo?

Just buy a couple then return them

my 1600 does 3.7ghz on 1.4v, can you feel my pain ?

hahahahahahahahahahaha
you lost :)

>what is binning

This, in what real world situation would 100 MHz make a difference?
overclockers are cancer

That's what you get for buying Ryzen. Worst part because Intel has been releasing same IPC for last 5 years they also went full retard and honest to god if I had to buy a CPU now I'd simply not buy one at all. Anything involving AMD is garbage, Intel on the other hand tries to have 3% gains by setting my computer on fire. Thanks Ayymdrones.

>I-Intel never loses the silicon lottery
>W-winner in every box!

Fuck off, you're obviously a fanboy even when you pretend not to be.

tfw R5 1500 sits at 3.95Ghz at a conservative 1.28 v

Just use a lower clockspeed. I run my 1700 at 3.7/1.28v.

Do all you Ryzen owners mind terribly posting Geekbench 4 results?

>geekbench

Why would I install that garbage?

>geekbench
Nice try sand merchant

Geeze sorry. I just thought "hey it's gratis"

How about 3850-3875 MHz? The 25MHz increments might allow you to find some sweetspot where you are close to 3.9GHz but can drop the voltage a bit.

Get back to /soc/ you cancer.

Thats pretty much the norm for a 1700.

No, but you can have this cpu-z

According to CPU-Z's records someone has reached 4.9ghz with the R5 1600

Geekbench is an awful "benchmark" with some very transparent biases. No one in their right mind would use it for anything other than comparing two chips of identical architecture and identical software platforms.

They probably did too, for about one minute, on liquid nitrogen.

I got 4ghz with high bclk

5.3 all core oc is the highest official 8 core I know of from ryzen.

I'm in the same boat wanting them threads but that single core

ryzen kick ass on that, before someone "pay" them to nerf the score

overclockers are the biggest faggots out there

>let me buy a non-top of the line CPU and buy a $220 motherboard $70 heatsink fan and some special Overclocking memory so I can overclock my CPU by 400mhz!

or you could've just gone with a higher end component and used OEM cooling to get the same result, much cheaper too

>bought a g3258
>only 4.3GHz at 1.25V
>4.5GHz at 1.35V
>at that point it sucks electricity as much as my 45nm athlon ii x4 at 3.7GHz
>mine is not terribly bad, some reported worse.

yeah but these are people who think overclocking makes them hackers

>i have no idea what i'm talking about

Retard

>let me buy a 1600 because I can overclock it to 4 ghz, easily!

>$230 for CPU
>180 for riced mobo
>80 for a huge lump of heatsink + fan or $100 for a closed loop set up
>$140 for special OC friendly ram
>$60 for more case fans because you want your CPU to run 0.05C cooler
Or you could have gone iwth a 1600x
$260 for CPU
$80 for motherboard
$0 for heatsink fan because you're using the OEM
$80 for RAM because you're normal

you guys are the retards

yeah like 90% of the ppl overclocking and getting retarded aftermarket watercoolers don't need it at all

>1600x
>"OEM" HSF
>being this ignorant
Just stop

>Buying a Gigabyte motherboard

What the fuck did you expect

the 1600x turbos to 4.0, it should be good enough for your video games, boy.

OEM/Stock is widely accepted as appropriate nomenclature
haha nice reaction image, did you fall into a coma in 2011 or something?

>OEM/Stock is widely accepted as appropriate nomenclature
Not either of those guys but you're an idiot and you haven't realised it yet. I'll leave you to do some frantic googling.

>1600x comes with its own cooler
Dumbass faggot
Do a little Google before you shitpost

see

>OEM cooling

>bought a 1700x with the single most expensive x370 mobo , and I run stock settings .

I'm happy .

>and I run stock settings .
Don't you mean OEM settings?

>single most expensive x370 mobo
c6h or x370 titanium?

None of the X ryzen cpus come with a stock heatsink.
None of the K/X intel cpus come with a stock heat sink.
As you can see the highest tier cpus from both companies don't come with stock heat sinks. Do you see why you're a retard now?

I guess . Other than putting my ram at 2933 mhz I haven't touched default xpu settings . It's very fast as it is and I don't want to deal with temperature and voltage

The titanium because that's the one that's most expensive one, didn't you read his post?

The meme titanium with the mediocre vrms . I wanted a taichi but they were out of stock for months .

The OEM settings are the stock settings you stupid nitpicking retard

funny

You still haven't googled what OEM means and how "OEM settings" can vary across manufacturers by the sole reason of what OEM means? You dumb retard

OEM/Stock are interchangeable

shut the fuck up

>Replying to the bait

>out of stock for months .
You lucky
Taichi with shit bios wont do any better

Should I delid my 4770k? Sounds scary

my point still stands. You can buy a cheap $30 heatsink fan on your X series Ryzen CPU instead of opting for a seemingly "cheaper" non X variant and spending $60-80 on an aftermarket HSF and a motherboard with more stable components for overclocking.

>OEM/Stock are interchangeable
Stock means whatever came with your equipment, from settings to attachments. Like a car.
OEM means somebody who makes a part to be sold by somebody else.
Literally two different things. An OEM part does have stock settings, but that "stock" setting would and could be different things across different resellers. Just accept it, you are an ignorant baboon who meant "stock" but instead said "OEM"
>I'm a ricer, so my Civic no longer has OEM engines
Apologies in advance to any /o/tists

You don't need OC-friendly RAM at all, you OC via multiplier these days, there is no FSB anymore, user.

With Ryzen though, 2933 or 3200 MHz DDR4 improves perf though, regardless of OCing CPU or not. People actually OC the RAM to those speeds with slower modules too, tho.

What you have a point in, is that particularly R5 1600 is best for milder OC, where you use the stock heatsink it has and which is not the worst (and yeah, R5 1600X lacks any), and you pair it with some reasonably cheap B350 motherboard, so that you don't waste money that could have gone towards R5 1600X or even R7 1700.

Your OC will be smaller but hey, if you get sa 3650 or 3700 MHz, still good.

It's a sppoker

Lel to match the stock hsf on the 1600 you will have to shell out more than $30

I'm OP. I'm still running the 1.4v on my 1600, on a $30 212 Evo cooler. Temps are similar to pic related. My Gigabyte B350 motherboard cost around $100.

>stock hsf
Don't you mean OEM HSF?

No

But they are interchangeable

OEM POSTER OR STOCK POSTER,

WHO WAS IN THE WRONG

>tfw cryptocucks either made GPUs overpriced or out-of-OEM

OEM systems with popular crypto cards aren't overpriced though:)

What's wrong with the Taichi? From what I've heard it's the best AM4 motherboard.

I have an NH-D15. Should I get a 1700 and OC it or just get a 1700x?

Get the 1700. X version is for people scared of OCing.

Assrock got shill here alot, Taichi got good vrm and that about it

they already eol X370 Gaming K4, i think it best to stay way for this company

Great English, Gigashit shill

1700x and OC it

I would take ASRock over Gigabyte actually, I think. Gigabyte always fucks up things in the BIOS.

I got F2A82X-UP4, and it didn't get any updates after mid-2013 IIRC and it acts funny - for example it sets fans to max and activates the optical disc drive to max speed if there is a disk inside when you hibernate the PC. Lots of noise before the power is finally shut.

Stilt guy says stay away from them, too. It probably isn't a bad brand (just not ideal), still better than MSI. ASRock and GB might be on par, some issues there, other issues here.

I used FM1 ASRock mobo and it was sorta fine.

not that user but is there an difference in terms of overclocking from the 1700, 1700x, and 1800x

i heard 1700 is most optimal.

Gigabyte has one of best boards for AM4 overclocking.
youtube.com/watch?v=cIP_f2DFCzM&t=653s

my 1600 hold 3.7 with 1.2375
stay jelly guys

The K5 is one of the worst AM4 overclocking boards, which has soured a lot of people's opinion of Gigabyte. It's embarrassing how bad the BIOS is for a $170 board. I had a $120 Intel board with better features than it.

they have the best b350 mb though the gaming 3 as the same option as much more expensive x370 mb

My 1600 can hold 3.7Ghz at 1.28v with Prime. I set it 1.293v just to stay safe.

>run Cinebench multi once
>"Fuck it it's stable"

is my R7 1700 @ 3.9ghz 1.3v (i honestly havent tested lower voltage just tried this as a baseline and was expecting to have to bump it) winning the silicon lottery?
I can't go higher than 1.325 if i recall (my bios has some bug where pumping more than 1.325v makes the CPU clock down to 1.55ghz)

My 1700 does 4.1ghz @ 1.375v :^)

Anybody else in the same boat as OP but don't mind because you see your CPU as a stopgap until Zen+?

I can run cinebench on my 1800x at 4.1 at 1.4, but its in no way stable. The thing is barely stable at 4.0 at 1.4, I'm convinced that one of the cores is absolute shite and keeps throwing WHEA errors.

>tfw you have a k7 for the BCLK generator
>tfw it's sub par power delivery might be the reason for your 1800x not holding an overclock.

fuck you gigabyte release the fucking new bios already

my 1700 was an upgrade from my 8350, and probably gonna hold me over til Zen2 (7nm) because the IBM 7nm process is MADE to run at 5ghz, with just Zen+ IPC improvements (they predict 15%) and 25% higher clock speeds, I'm gonna be Randy in the internet-less episode of southpark.

>Needing to OC an AyyyyMD CPU to make it usable

lmfao

I returned my k7 for the crosshair vi because the bios is so lackluster, doesn't even have llc or any advanced features for overclocking

k7 has llc at the very least, now. It's not horrible but it's certainly not the best

I bought a 1600 and OC'd it to 3.7GHz on stock voltages and stock cooler.

Where is your god now?

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7500-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600/3648vs3919