>BST - LinusShillTipsEdition<

>BST - LinusShillTipsEdition

nice looking room. comfy

damn, never thought of placing monitors like that, would help a lot with some trouble I'm getting with my hypothetical dream bst

Good morning boys.

What's in the boxes user?

Edzel is the type of autism I can respect

Wow, what a fucking narcissist, a picture of your own room as your wallpaper.

Hi guise long time no see.

u have 2 much money

>Nice guns, monitors, computer
>Absolutely shit-tier speakers

Why?

Less that I have tons of money, more of me knowing how to save it to buy things I want.

They sound great though, they're just a bit old. I don't turn them up crazy loud; I just use the below desk ones for lows and outside ones for highs.

>Cone tweeters
>Stamped bracket woofers

I hardly believe that sounds good.

I have +/- $1k in audio in my truck (all Rockford) and they sound almost as good as that setup, so I'm not really worried about getting anything better when I use headphones more often than not anyway.

Alright, if I were you though I'd consider some active monitors or something to round out the setup. Otherwise nice aesthetics.

Why the fuck is this so funny oh my god

/thread

please ignore the gaming mouse

>snaps neck just to see what song is playing
terrible setup. i know because i used it like that once.
Never again

The cat sure isn't ignoring that mouse

How's this? I can post before pics if anyone is interested.

Beast, I'd get another chair though. Ultrawide as a vertical monitor? How is it?

Don't really use it that much for Spotify, just put it up there at the time.

Yeah a new chair is next on my list.

Here's a super shitty, compressed panorama of the entire room. Got the desk the 1000TL is on for free the other day.

Fuck you all
I have the gayest bs. what do I win
>aids

God, that neck posture.

Alt-right BS

no kevlar?

Just because he owns guns doesn't mean he's alt-right unless I'm missing something...

Nah dude, us firearm owners are all the same!!!!

What game/mod are you working on?

Got a black keyset for the HHKB and a replacement 55g dome sheet on the way for the Noppoo!
Also going to be moving the router in to this room over the summer so I can get a wired connection.
'Upgrading' the main monitor is still a possibility, I'd love to experiment with a 40" 4k.

>going from 3 monitors to 1
Why? If you do go 40" 4k, just put 2 stacked ones on the side.

3 monitors really hurt my neck so I really only want one. I love how sharp text is on a 5k monitor but I kinda want more screen real estate without making everything extremely small.

J-Jesus Fuck muh dick.
Is the gun on top a H&K G3? Can you buy one legally in the US?

all those knobs seems really out of range for actual use. is he just contractually obliged to keep them around after shilling them?

>'Upgrading' the main monitor is still a possibility, I'd love to experiment with a 40" 4k.

Why ? Do you need more screen real estate ?
The point of high PPI is to make the individual pixels so small that you can't distinguish them anymore, aka "retina"
By going with a 4K screen at 40" you are effectively at the same crappy PPI as a 20 inch 1080P monitor.
You will never be able to make the pixels smaller due to the physical size of the screen, you will forever be stuck with giant ass pixels.

Meanwhile if you get a 24-27 inch 4K monitor, there is always the possibility of turning the scaling down to 100% and getting the same desktop area as a 40 inch/4K when you need it, but always keeping the option to scale back up to 150/200% and retain the high PPI properties

27 inch is honestly too small for 4k without scaling even at 110 or 125 things are too small. 5k is even worse. I'd love a large 4k for more screen real estate but I love my 5k 27 inch for how sharp shit is.

Who /smallroom/ here?

comfy

I've got a 27 inch at 4K
Scaling is an option, but the point of high PPI wasn't for more screen realestate, but to bring that 'retina' feel to the desktop.
Phones can get away with their retarded non-standard resolutions, desktop monitors cannot.

I scale to 150% (1440p effectively) and things are all good here
Everything is nice and sharp and crisp.
While I can see the appeal of having a higher res like 5K and up, why go against the grain of what is becoming the standard of 4K, especially since its the same aspect ratio as the previous standard of 1080p

I just wanted a monitor that will last me years, 4k will become a standard like 1080p was and then 5k will be the new step up from that like 1440 was. It's basically just for future proofing really. I suppose I could always get a 40 inch 4k AND use the 27 inch 5k for best of both worlds.

Br8 me

no one video edits faster than this guy

poor lighting/10

square eyes/10

What resolution? The taskbar looks very small.

I work on a few doing FPS animations, only released ones being two mobile games called "Bullet Force" and "Forward Assault." Other two I'm working on are Hell Let Loose and Our Ghosts of War, and I do contract work for Ironbelly.

Same gun made by a different company that acquired HK's tooling, called a PTR-91. Some HK guns are around from before they were banned/stopped being imported but they're much more expensive.

big monitor is 1920x1080 24inches
crt is 1024x768 17inches

>4k will become a standard like 1080p was and then 5k will be the new step up from that like 1440 was.

Totally disagree with you on that, 1440p is just a stepping stone that was in between 1080p and 4K.

Once you reach the 'retina' part of a high PPI display adding more pixels won't make a difference unless you're making the screen itself bigger which seems to be somewhat unlikely in the PC area of monitors
1440P was a cheaper alternative to expensive 4K panels, but now 4K has come down massively in price and is already the next standard with its wide adoption.

This in a way spells doom for anything that isn't 4K.
I remember pre-1080p days they made monitors of all sorts of resolutions , then 1080p came along, became the standard for everything and pretty much everyone just started slapping 1080p into 17 to 28 inch screens, and all other resolutions became a niche, sure they still existed but the variety was no longer there and the economies of scale mean that those monitors like 1920x1200 and alike were more expensive now to produce.

Same thing is going to happen to 5K and 6K, and DCI 4K. Yes they will exist, but in their own niche markets.

Ah I've heard of something about the PTR. I guess it's licensed from a Portuguese factory or some shit.
Sad that I can't have one here.

technics boys

and here's the other side of my living room

1440p was a step up from 1080p from years, 5k will be exactly that to 4k. Honestly I see a huge difference in text between 4k and 5k so I would never step back down to 4k for high DPI, only for more screen real estate stretched across a large 40 inch screen.

As long as the monitor I have is over 4k, I'll be able to play back 4k content perfectly fine just upscaled to 5k.

But yeh anyway, I've experienced 5k and it seems to be the direction companies such as apple are going so I'll stick with that. For my tv though I'll definitely be sticking with 4k as 8k will be completely irrelevant for years to come.

Cool work man, hope it's going well for you.

Been permanent traveler for 6 years now

Never stay long enough at the same place to afford setting it up

Hello Eng living in Spain

Over the span of like a decade by now I noticed something interesting.

Compared to battlestations of 2007 or around that time, a lot of these are really clean and tidy now.
So this kind of attention whoring apparently got basement nerds to clean up their shit to be able to one up others in the thread.
Some even get really creative and have really neat decorations and clever space usage.

it's the harsh tone and blunt opinions that help you improve.
nice words like on reddit won't help you in the long run.

It's because we're all mostly the same age and can afford it now.

I was living there as a house sitter. Free housing for 3 months, just had to take care of 3 dogs.

Owner is from UK. I'm from

My first gaming computer used that monitor

It's made with HK's tooling and their parts, so it's essentially the same thing. Great guns, extremely fun. Mags are cheap as shit too.

My man

About a month ago I was able to quit my shitty retail job to animate full time. Felt so good. Thanks!

>narcissism
Every proper human is one.

first time I posted I got laughed out of the thread. it really helps to just get told your setup is shit (a no im not posting that image ever again)

hello guys!

Cyka that's a nice setup. That stuff on the floor is a bit messy, but overall, it is pretty nice.

hey boys

thanks, floor stuff is temporary, most of it I need to test and sell, the other half will hide in the shelf.

>/bst/ - No Cleanup/Triscuits edition!

check out these triscuits

My cat's name is Triscuit

what monitors are you using? Also you should also take a picture with the lights on

My Snake's name is Triscuit too

left is samsung 204b, center samsung 305t, and right is dell 2007fpw, all mounted on diy wall mount for threee monitors, but it need some "tuning" cause they on differeny levels now.

and another one.

based noctua

This works until I get monitor mounts.
After that I will be building a desk similar to the herman miller embody with the cut out for your stomach to go into so the desk better supports your arms while typing.
I have been using a computer every waking moment since 2003 so I'm done being anything but completely comfortable at my desk. I'm not going to tolerate a monitor being even 1 inch too low or useless arms on my chair or no back support or any of that shit anymore. Ergos nigga

What are some low maintenance plants that look good at battlestations?

If you met my friend Nick you two would agree on the proper way to use a computer.
You would enjoy the life of stupid shit together forever.
Buy a desk Nick

Lovely day lads

My entire life is no cleaning edition, I need to get my shit together.

Really like this one.

CLEAN IT CLEAN IT NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's been a rough couple of months, but I will it time.

It bothers me more than it does you.

any reason you dont just put your PC into the rack? looks like you have enough space for it.

Sorry

it will be loud in the rack, and it's not so easy to place it properly, it's hot, so it's must be far away from amplifier and crt monitor. I think about making custom 8u case to stick it in rack, but I drop this thoughts and decided to finish custom wall case what staying on the top of my case.

artfag here. trying to tidy, but. . .

loud?

You know, cleaning a little everyday is like meditation. You should start.

I hope things get better for you but hapiness is not magic, you have to work towards it.

>want to set up dream battle station with saved money
>but out of state from home for work for the next year
>spend half that year abroad seas so can't even set up temporary place
>come back to go into dorms right after
I just want a nice and semi-permanent battlestation, but a whole house isn't even worth it

Consider a laptop and an external GPU setup that feeds into one decent monitor, that way it isn't a cluster fuck to carry and transport.

>Not using identical screen savers, to n degrees, on your on-screen desktop to peer into the mirror dimension