I need to run a program 24/7 ... I tried on a Raspberry Pi3 but it was just a little bit too weak for it...

I need to run a program 24/7 ... I tried on a Raspberry Pi3 but it was just a little bit too weak for it... so I'm looking for a mini PC with a bit higher specs than that, to put somewhere and let it run forever

Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

fit-pc.com/web/products/mintbox/mintbox-specifications/
aliexpress.com/item/AMD-mini-itx-T48E-motherboard-with-E450-Processor/32459729376.html
aliexpress.com/item/IB945-computer-motherboard-industry-motherboard-2-sata-mini-PCI-8-USB-2-Com/32433274814.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably a good idea to let us know what program, jackass.

Check the other mini PCs like Cubieboards, Banana Pi etc etc.

There's a Mintbox with pretty decent specs.
fit-pc.com/web/products/mintbox/mintbox-specifications/

But isn't Mint less secure than other Linux distros?

why?

thanks, will do

If you tell us what program, we can find a computer that can handle it. Are you twelve?

>But isn't Mint less secure than other Linux distros?
Let's presume that is true. Are you incapable of using a usb disk to install a different distro?

What makes you say it's insecure?

you don't know the program. I guarantee it
it's a novel cryptocurrency-related thing
(no, it's not PoW mining, I don't need a GPU)

yes :)

I don't know... I must be stupid

OP here

hmm... What about ODROID ?
seem to be the most powerful of the single board pcs

>requires proprietary software to even boot up

I'm thinking now if it's even worth it to do this from home.... I do have fiber optic but the uptime will never be as good as a VPS

should I just get a cheap VPS instead? if I encrypt it will it be secure or will I get botnetted ?

UDOO x86?

Just leave

OP here nvm i found the answer on google.

:(

Wasn't there a pasta for this?

Anyway:
- the rPi is slow and cheap. Orange/Banana Pis and the standard Odroids are faster, but quite a bit more expensive.
- The Odroid XU is really fast, but has the disadvantage of a requiring a fan (moving parts/dust). No builtin WiFi or bluetooth though
- Odroid uses (or used) eMMc memory which adds a lot to the price compared to mircoSD
- There's a bit of a gap between the $70 and $120 range
- The next best thing is probably an Intel NUC. They start at $130 for shitty Celeron CPUs to $500 for a 'real' i7 system. This is all without components (RAM and Storage).
- Some of these operate fanless, though the original case comes with a fan. There are aftermarket cases with heatsinks that claim they can run fanless without getting too hot.

find an i5 dell optiplex mini for $100. plenty processing power in a case the size of a book

So do most computers.

Why not a simple amd or intel celeron itx board from china?

They're 35 to 50 dollars...

Yes, you sound like a retard who's way in over his head

aliexpress.com/item/AMD-mini-itx-T48E-motherboard-with-E450-Processor/32459729376.html
aliexpress.com/item/IB945-computer-motherboard-industry-motherboard-2-sata-mini-PCI-8-USB-2-Com/32433274814.html

What about dem apples?

>guise please help me do x
>b-but I won't tell you what x is
For what purpose?

You can get a multi-GPU rack for less than $8000 these days.

OP here
Nevermind, I'm a huge faggot.

He's probably trying to make a seedbox or something like that i think, don't know why he can't disclose it though

Knew it

Orange pi for $10 is quad core, there are $70 octacore boards.

just be more specific abour your software you want to run
"too weak" doesn't mean shit if its coded with your feet

Intel NUCs are nice.

Nigga for $100 you aren't getting an i5. You would be getting an old Core 2 duo you can't even upgrade to quad because muh crappy dell power supply you can't replace.

C2D is still solid for 99% of use cases.

Buy a grenade and blow yourself up you utter fuck

OP here, I need something powerful for my dragon dildo.

Honestly, cant help a fuck if the fuck doesn't man the fuck up

>a mini PC with a bit higher specs than that
aliexpress has 100 different mini PC available. Try the Q100N or variants.

OP here, just thought I'd go ahead and clarify that I intend to use this machine solely for the gathering of CP. I will then redistribute and sell said CP to buy heroin poppies for my drug-addicted 12 children. Stop shilling me you... mean people.

Yeah, You're fucking right , Holy fuck OP is a pussy. If he can't name the fucking program how the fuck does he expect us to fucking help him,

simple solution:
if you don't tell us the program, just optimise it yourself, preferably using assembly and upload it to some arm board

that way it's optimised as fuck and you get the most out of your hardware

or you could just name the fucking program, your choice