Why do Americans complain about the militarization of their police but defend their right to own assault weapons at the...

Why do Americans complain about the militarization of their police but defend their right to own assault weapons at the same time?

Wouldn't their police obviously need this equipment when they're dealing with such a heavily armed population?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YQLZ4aKOExI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For the millionth time, assault weapons are illegal

Being pedantic isn't an argument.

Neither is banning weapons because they look scary

That is a SWAT team in your photo by the way, they should be heavily armed

>why do Americans defend the amendment which defends their right to protect themselves against violent oppression while also complaining about their police oppressing them

You're well on your way to becoming as famous a shitposting country as Poland and Canada, Ireland, keep up the good work

What are the police supposed to do? What do you honestly expect to happen?

The Americans who complain about the militarization of the police are Libs, while the people who want assault weapons are Conservative

Even if citizens didn't have the right to bear arms the police would still need to be militarized, they're dealing with Americans.

says the islander, Saint croix was a corrupt shit hole from what i hear.

>Neither is banning weapons

I never suggested that. It's already too late to do shit like that.

police militarization is a meme, this is what your SWAT equivalent looks like. liberals just want to focus on police because thats an easier target to criticize rather than asking why black neighborhoods in liberal gun free citys like Chicago or new york are such shit holes.

I'm from Florida m80.
>says the islander, Saint croix was a corrupt shit hole from what i hear.
>Was
Nigger it still is, St Thomas too.

>why black neighborhoods in liberal gun free citys like Chicago or new york are such shit holes

Yeah this is exactly what I said to my Russian friend when he said police brutality wouldn't happen if people didn't have a right to bear arms

What grinds my gears are regular cops overdressing as soldiers or specops people

it isn't the police's job to stop a revolt, it's the national guard's. the police are basically paramilitary now because of 9/11. most people are scared to death of them, even in nice neighborhoods.

>why black neighborhoods in liberal gun free citys like Chicago or new york are such shit holes.
Because the people living there are shits. I live in Chicago but fortunately I live in the north side where things are nice. The south side is a real shit hole in certain areas. It's tiring to hear of dindoos getting shot. Especially that one guy that was shot 16 times. Yes that was excessive but the ever whining black lives matter type people would have you think he dindo nothing. Except for the fact that he was ignoring police orders and walking towards them with a knife, a deadly weapon, and he was fired on when he made a sudden move toward them. The cunt was hardly innocent.

I'll never understand the dindu lives matter movement; if they just behave calmly and cooperate with the officer then nothing would happen to them

Hell I've had plenty of tickets turn into warnings just because I was amicable and apologetic

this.

conservatives are usually law abiding. their protests don't turn into riots that require police action.

i like how the city's jew mayor gave his mom 5 million dollars when she lost custody of him for neglect and physical abuse when he was 3, i also like how he fired the police commissar even though under him violent crime had been steadily dropping, i like how now the violent crime has gone up for the first time in 15 years. but hey at least blacks wont have to worry about cops harassing those innocent gang members that make it impossible for kids to walk to school in south chicago.

>Hell I've had plenty of tickets turn into warnings just because I was amicable and apologetic
I've had cops beat the shit out of my mother and father simply because we owned a brand of car they wanted. Can't really be apologetic with that.
We're white by the way.

m8 i lived in a quiet and peaceful town of 30k, was at a sandwich place and a fully armed swat team comes in to order, you could tell that they were huge assholes too.

but like, why the fuck does that town need a swat team that is basically militarized, i had found out later that we actually had two. i wonder how much of my tax went to funding that shit.

Have you ever interacted with an average low class black girl? They're the most aggressive and easily angered people I've ever encountered and will get into a loud argument or even fight over the littlest thing. People like that will never be able to behave calmly with an authority figure. Makes me feel bad for the black girls that are decent and have to deal with the resulting prejudice (and probably have to deal with such shits more often than most people do).

Rahm Emanuel is a piece of shit. He never should have been allowed to become mayor in the first place since he was residing in DC and not in Chicago. Every news story since has made me like him less and less. Corruption taken to a new level. It's a shame the spic lost to him in the last election.

all the surplus military gear from the war in Iraq has been given to police forces all across the country. even podunk nowhereville cops are given tanks and assault weapons and sniper rifles. it's insane

>Makes me feel bad for the black girls that are decent and have to deal with the resulting prejudice (and probably have to deal with such shits more often than most people do).

It's actually really easy for them to get around that, they just have to remove all trace of ebonics from their speech and dress nicely.

my mother knew and worked with him for a while, he is a corrupt piece of shit and a thief, i believe he was investigated a number of times for racketeering

What else would be done with all that nice material? Just throw it away?

I don't understand it either, I've been pulled over a a few times over the last couple of years and just by having a civil conversation with the officer I've been able to get out of speeding tickets every time. Some cops are just dicks but the majority will be nice to you if you're nice to them.

there is definitely a better option than to give it to roided out small town cops, like giving it to polish and baltic military because we already know that millions are going to be spent on them every year anyway.

no SWAT team in the U.S owns tanks
the reason police started getting more heavil armed was because of the hollywood bank shoot out in the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQLZ4aKOExI

Use it for reserves for military training so less money needs spent on them.

do you not understand the idea of surplus?

Because each argument is the rhetoric of two different sides?