This is the Thinkpad X200. Post yfw you learned that it weighs less than the

This is the Thinkpad X200. Post yfw you learned that it weighs less than the
2017 MacBook Pro 13".

Plastic is the superior material. No dents or bends, cheaper to replace parts, lighter, and the whole housing doesn't act as a giant heat sink.

thats because its full of hot air, HAH

Wouldn't you want the housing to act as a heatsink?

No.

but it doesn't even have a trackpad

You phrased that as if it's a bad thing

Trackpoint is has been and always will be superior.

Which is good.

>Weighs less
dyel??

Just killing off the thinkpad is heavy and clunky meme

>Wouldn't you want the housing to act as a heatsink?
No. The Thinkpad goes to some lengths to isolate the heatpipes and heatsink from the metal chassis.

my x201 has one and i disabled it.

And it respects your freedom if you install trannyboot

Plastic
> heat does not travel through material (much), allowing heat to be directed out of exhaust vents, keeping body cooler
Metal
> attempt to direct hot air out; heat conducts through metal en route, heating whole body and user's testicles in the process

How long does it last on one charge? 45 minutes?

Mine lasts 8 hours on a 9 cell
kys

If it was a smartphone or fanless laptop, would it be better if they were made of aluminium?

Probably still no. With a plastic case, at least you have some say in where the heat ends up. Passing heat pipes along an open vent or something. On a metal case, the palm rests and keyboard area getting hot are the biggest problems, imo.

The case isn't a heatsink. It's an oven.

lmao is that even 16:9 ?

It's 16:10

my core 2 duo HP 2510p lasts 9 on a 9 cell. so much for the thinkpad

I doubt that

Having options is bad? I use both almost equally, 70% trackpoint 30% trackpad. It comes in handy. The only downside is that you can't have a screen like the X200's in a similar sized chassis with a trackpad.

>tfw still using x60 tablet even though I can't get the touch drivers working in arch linux.

which one is better, dell precision or ThinkPad?

thinkpad for libreboot and more accurate clitmouse

depends on the model probably

kek