What does the Australian accent sound like to foreigners? Especially compared to American and British accents

What does the Australian accent sound like to foreigners? Especially compared to American and British accents.

I'm not talking about the way Steve Irwin speaks, but the "standard" accent that's spoken by Australians you might have encountered as tourists.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-w3iPFl-cfI
youtube.com/watch?v=4JQK4bH0J-o
vocaroo.com/i/s1aYMxsHvhGJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Quite neutral, less clear than Brit and American tho.

why are australians so cringeworthy like all the time?

can't wait to go back to china

crikey mate hard to say when i've never heard it

Nasal and retarded.

This.

it sounds fucking retarded to me so im sure it sounds worse to foreign cunts

FKN AWSOME i love it
altough people from brisban are quite boganish i heard,i met a few while travling
>BEST ACCENT EVER !!! PERIOD
after that its the NZ accent than
>SCOTISH
>IRISH
>SOUTH AFRICA (SWAZILAND)
>BRITISH(first place for WOMEN)
>canadian
>american LOW TIER ACCENT

It sounds like the version of a language that is spoken by uneducated peasants, which is quite correct, since it was the island of criminals.

Sounds like a British hobo chewing on a gum.

It's funny and the accent suits well for the mad bantz.

it does sound quite lazy and comical.

Sounds kinda like drunk Cockneys around London, only with even more slang

REEEE REEEEE
REE REEEE REE REEEEE REREREEEER REEEEE
EREEEEEREEEEEEREEE
WOLLA WOLLA REEEE REEEEEEEEE

Sounds very uneducated

If I heard a very intelligent Australian guy talking I'd still probably think he was quite dumb

It sounds cool and honestly a bit thrashy I think. Doesn't sound good on women.

If you're ever watching an American show/movie and you hear an Australian accent in it, you will hear what our accent sounds like

good joke

I had an Australian girl once. We were crazy in love and then one day we did anal. She loved it very much but was quite exhausted afterwards and said she was just gonna sleep for 15 minutes, but she actually slept until 11AM the next morning, and when í called her another time to hangout, she said that she doesn't think we should see each other again, and that it's a feelings thing, and then a few months after that while creeping on her Okc and Facebook, I saw that she became a lesbian. What do you think it all meant mates?
Also could someone help me find her? I think she went back to Australia and died or something because all her social media accounts were deleted and a business she had registered was cancelled?
Oh and she sounded like a regular british person.

Fuck off back to chink land cunt.
It's painful to see you cunts in our cities. Why do so many of you south east asians dress like American niggers? Seriously makes no sense why you guys want "swag"

Hello Sydney CBD

Now fuck off back to Beijing faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=-w3iPFl-cfI
youtube.com/watch?v=4JQK4bH0J-o

Basically like that

At least it's less oi smack you in the gob innit than proper britbongs

you all sound like limey cunts to me desu

australian sounds a bit more rough around the edges, yet it also has a unique cadence and flow especially with your accent's use of unique diphthongs not found in other commonwealth accents. Words and sentences tend to just glide together thanks in part to said diphthongs along with your extensive use of slurring and elisions

I'm embarrassed for you even reading these

For the longest time I thought Eric Idle was Australian because his high-pitched Durham twang sounded like the Anglican hybrid accents I grew up amongst

in other words you guys sound like someone way overdoing trying to imitate a cockney accent

are you basing that off of "australian" accents you see on tv? Every aussie accent done on american movies or tv is so cringe inducingly bad

n
oi you tosser don't use three syllable words about mai straya.

no I'm basing this off of real australians I've heard speaking, sometimes on TV. AKA not the FROW A PRON ON DA BAHBIE type

pretty accurate tbdesu

>If I heard a very intelligent Australian guy talking I'd still probably think he was quite dumb
this has happened to me before

Felt good wiping the smug smile off an arrogant danish faggots face when he realised I knew 5 times as much as him about everything.

He's lucky I'm a humble cunt and didn't destroy him in front of some qt grills.

stuffthatneverhappened.txt

Vocaroo yourself reading your post pls

we're not all autistic shut-ins m8.

vocaroo.com/i/s1aYMxsHvhGJ

what British accent sounds most like Australian? Cornish?

Foreigner here. You all sound retarded and drunk. Only places with decent accents is Melbourne

>I had an Australian girl once.
No you didn't

Adelaide has a similar accent to Melbourne.

Like an Australian accent desu.

>tfw m8 lives and works in Aus and he's got a bit of an aussie twang now

Adelaides is """"cultivated"""" and Melbourne is just cause they're a clusterfuck

Literally the hottest accent a woman could have IMO.

I think girls here think the same thing about Aussie guys. Then again girls here are brain dead and suck ass

No idea, I think it sounds identical to american one.

What do Australians think about standard American accents?

Girl I'm talking to in Europe says she loves that we actually pronounce our R's at the end of words. Thought that was really weird, I've always thought standard American was boring as fuck

top qt

She's not wrong, like if you were to say the world "longer", we would say it like "longah". I think Brits are the same as well.

I think most people would at first, not really like it.

Then after they see the person not the voice, make up their mind about a person properly.

You sound like americans doing an impression of a brit

>No idea, I think it sounds identical to american one.
I don't hear this a lot.

Honestly we're so used to them because of american media that I personally don't think they're particularly exotic. However, I find many american accents nasaly and annoying but I also find some quite pleasant (like non-nasal southern accents). Overall I think we like them, but not particularly.

Yeah Melbourne born and bred here.

My accent is completely neutral and a lot of people from overseas don't know I'm Australian right away.

This is despite growing up in a white working class suburb.

I know there's
>Southern/Texan
Cool

>Appalachian
Alright

>new Yorker
Annoying

>Californian
Annoying and hot, depending if it's a girl

>Midwest
Plain

Everything else is the same

Mr paladin please go

I'm and I get this as well. I'm from Eltham.

I don't understand.

Yours sounds pretty typical to me.

I was from Lilydale area.

>chinese
>se asia

I looked him up. I guess I can hear the similarity.

yeah, fairly neutral. I'm happy about it, it means doing accents is easier for us.

>first say "hello"
>then proceed to "fuck off" and other insults
Why are Anglos so stupid?

>Doesn't understand Sup Forums or Australian banter
Back to the toilet

I've been told Tasmanians sound different to other states.
Any truth to this?

I can do an Australian accent easier than a British accent.

I like it better

also fwiw aussie girls are 11/10

it sounds like a British accent with the cool factor cranked to 11