Is English basically a germanic language that turned romance by accident?

Is English basically a germanic language that turned romance by accident?

Other urls found in this thread:

pagef30.com/2008/08/why-norwegian-is-easiest-language-for.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Brits raped by Romans raped by Saxons raped by Angles raped by French raped by Danes

LOL

It's one of the reasons it's the worldwide lingua franca - it assimilates other words easily. Ignoring the unprecedented might of the Anglo and the former British Empire, having Latin, Greek, French, German and Danish roots for many words is extremely helpful.

Poles raped by Russians raped by themselves raped by the hole they dug themselves

LOL

>English
>Romance

Ignoring where almost 60% of our vocabulary came from...

I really wish there was something like this done for Slovene and its dialects.

That's not the sole determining factor whether or not a language is germanic or romance. Linguists disagree with you. English is germanic.

grammar-wise it's Germanic as fuck, currently undergoes the same processes Nordic Germanics underwent in the past

also phonology-wise it's just retarded Frisian and nobody dares to argue whether Frisian is Germanic

>currently undergoes the same processes Nordic Germanics underwent in the past
Care to elaborate?

I'm not arguing it's not Germanic. However, we tend to have an easier time learning Romance languages than Germanic ones, this is coming from someone who's studied both German and European Portuguese. It's just that we're in a different contiuum than most of the Germanic languages, in my opinion.

>4% of the english language is derived from proper names

are you sure about this graph

>all Germanic languages are like German

pagef30.com/2008/08/why-norwegian-is-easiest-language-for.html

To my knowledge Scandinavian languages are extremely simple for English speakers to pick up.

>we tend to have an easier time learning Romance languages
kek, no you don't, we're just kind enough to pretend you're not speaking them like retards.

Most high schools here teach Spanish, French, and German. Spanish is known for being the easiest one and German is known for being the hardest one.

English is a Germanic language that liked the word "pizza".
English is terrible.

>German is all the Germanic languages
>implying it's easy to learn a language without immediate links
Of course the other two are going to be easier when your neighbors north and south speak both. And yet there's sounds anglos literally can't pronounce in both.

Like we don't have a hard time with the guttural R in German.

It's so easy, I don't get why americlaps find it so difficult

French has the guttural R too

Do you realize that a large part of this 60% are words like "saxicolous" and "concupiscent"?