Your country

>your country

>are watches still coveted and worn by the general population?

>Do you wear a watch

Here in the US they are dying fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

chrono24.com/en/jaegerlecoultre/jaeger-lecoultre-steel-master-geographic-ref142892--id3584034.htm
seiyajapan.com
youtube.com/watch?v=dtCyepuLt8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i wear the digital watch i got when i was 12 since i don't use a phone

Where the fuck did you find this picture?
That fat whore is Korean

no need for watches when your population is running out of wrists.

Isn't that watch too tight?His hand swell up so badly

young people have less of them, but I'd say 50% of people over 20 have one. I have one myself

I wouldn't say the majority wear watches, but I would guesstimate about 1/3 still wear watches, because it looks good. And I'm sure more than 50% own a watch, if not wearing it.

Pic related, my watch.

Qatar
Yes
Yes

When you wear thobe, there are few accessories to show status so people tend to splurge on watch, sunglasses,cufflinks, phones and the extra classy will go as far as buying designer pens.

other than the fact that watches look cool they are pretty much useless at this point

>NI
>lolno
>lolno

I don't, mainly because it sweats on my wrists during a hot day which is annoying. And if I loosen it (so it doesn't press my skin so hard) it acts all wonky on my hand. Only when the situation requires it I am wearing one.

where my casio boys at

they're actually quite handy tbqh, it's faster to check the time and the stopwatch is nice when excercising

Normal wrist watches are increasingly rare, but you do see a lot if sport watches like a fitbit.

Terrorist?

>costs like 10 dollars on ebay
>years and years of battery life
>very durable and can handle swimming
>stopwatch
>alarm

Talibans aren't stupid.

I may fall for this meme soon.
I use to be a 'what do you need a watch for when you have a phone'fag, but I'm starting to see the point as my phone is bags and shit.

Why don't you just buy a proper watch that is all that but better?

>Brexitland
>I'm not sure
>I like watches, so yes, its the only jewelry I wear.

Like what? Pulse watch/GPS seems gimmicky to me, but it's probably useful if you're really into running or something.

I've got a 6900 G-Shock too, but I think it's too bulky. I very rarely use the timer anyways.

I do, my father passed it to me and it's more practical than taking out and check the phone every time.

it's my gf

>are watches still coveted and worn by the general population?
Yes, muh prestige
>Do you wear a watch
No, wearing a piece of metal in frost is disgusting тbh

How about a watch with less functionality that looks good?

>tag heuer

God damn it user

>how about something that costs more, but is less useful
I need a watch, not jewelry.

Does that person have some sort of circulation problem, swelling, or are they just really fat?

Is that a bad thing? I have other brands too.

Pic related, thanks for the airplanes usa.

Ok then, I suppose you're not as materialistic as the rest of your scandinavian brothers?

A wrist watch is a typical gift from your kum on confirmation (the catholic sacrament).

Although I wouldn't be surprised

I had a cheap festina watch similar to this one but I lost it in school.
They're still handier than smartphones for checking time.

You get kummed on?

Sorry....

it means godfather, fatso

I got some shitty electronic watch from my dad but I want to buy myself a nice classic one one day

I just don't know which ones are good

I don't wear a watch, but I remember I gifted my dad for 50 bucks some watch he is still wearing.

Isn't it like 3.5/4k euro?

Isn't that the average Norwegian monthly salary?

They can probably save up for it in like 3 months.

It's ridicolous. We should merge and drill the shit out of the adriatic desu.

Slightly above 4k I think. It was a gift from my father tho. My omega is worth more, but that too was a gift. I don't spend that kind of money on watches personally.

Yeah average after taxes.

From the 80s. Still works. That's value for money right there.

You sound like a j...

Tag Heuer is no longer a true quality brand, even though they price their watches as so.

After Louis Vuitton bought TAG Heuer they basically became a fashion company instead of what they used to be, which was a high precision quality watch maker.

Quality Control became terrible and they stopped developing their own movements.

There are better options that are still Swiss made. Also Japanese automatics like Seiko are fucking based, and much more affordable.

It's just a 4-function calculator, it doesn't do compound interest.

It's not so common among young people

I personally always wear one (pic related)

That looks like a girl watch

He is a girl

i still care about it a lot.
men dont have many items for fashion compared to women. especially jewelries. watches are a precious item to wear and useful for mens fashion.

btw smart watches are literally for nerds. those unironically wearing it are literally embarrassing as hell

I am a girl

How amusing

I know they don't use inhouse movement anymore, but calibre 16 which is used in this one is might be the most successful automatic chronograph movement ever produced, and very high quality. You could argue that because it's not tag heuer's own inhouse movement the brand is lesser than it used to be, but that doesn't affect the quality of calibre 16. Anyhow, it's a fashion thing, I agree.

It's 2016 and I can choose my gender
k?

I'm sorry.
Good numbers though.

>I just don't know which ones are good

Patel Philippe, Jaeger LeCoultre, Rollex, Omega, RGM, and a few others

you can find good deals on Chrono24.

chrono24.com/en/jaegerlecoultre/jaeger-lecoultre-steel-master-geographic-ref142892--id3584034.htm

Also, look at the high end Seiko watches if you want extremely precise automatic/mechanical movements at an affordable price.

The Japanese pushed the limits of Quartz and Automatics.

seiyajapan.com

>Patel

*Patek

>I need a watch

You can get a watch that does nothing but keep time.

>not jewelry

And is also dirt cheap

No you cant you whore

I recommend you this video
youtube.com/watch?v=dtCyepuLt8Q

I thought you just had manly arms until you pulled that card. tell me your gender when you're 50 sir.
>muh current year

I go swimming and showering with mine all the time and it doesn't break. I like it.

Most people use phones now, but I will never stop using my watch!

Most people under 50 don't use it, or just as an accessory
I have this one, but barely use it

Why is that bald bear wearing a watch?

Yes, I have this one back from high school. I also have non-electric (you wind it up manually) one that the Yugoslav Army gave my grandfather but it's broken and no one fixes those anymore.

Local Chads wear oversized watches that are almost larger than their wrists to look cool.

my nigga

F91w is guaranteed by Bin laden.
Shits tough and tight

I'm just an autist without friends, that's probably why I don't see the need to dress up.

Give me some examples, preferrably somewhat durable and waterproof. Stopwatch is a bonus.

>sport watches
>Americans unironically think wearing a watch is a sport

I'm not American, and I think the point is that they're "watches for sports," not sure how Americans mean it

Haven't seen arm watches being worn or being sought after for several years by now as everyone uses their phones to check the time with, also i'm not wearing a watch and won't ever find myself wearing one