Man, it feels good speaking a Germanic tongue. I sure am glad I wasn't born in a Romance speaking land

Man, it feels good speaking a Germanic tongue. I sure am glad I wasn't born in a Romance speaking land.

Other urls found in this thread:

thelocal.fr/20141112/france-has-lowest-english-proficiency-in-eu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Germanic/gladaz
youtube.com/watch?v=q0RXiIsC_7s
youtube.com/watch?v=I9gPVPY7vPY
mek.oszk.hu/07200/07288/07288.pdf
users.cwnet.com/millenia/Sumerian-Parpola.htm
english.fullerton.edu/publications/cln/clnarchives/2005fall/Tam-CompLanguage-rda.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_migrations
paleoglot.blogspot.fi/2007/05/kurgan-hypothesis-is-hypothetical.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

English is more French than Germanic desu

>gendered pronouns

in terms of vocab, not syntax and grammar, pekka pilkunnussija

>Not having gendered pronouns
>white

You're welcome.

worth it

The Germanic countries will fall because of multiculturalism, mass-immigration, rapefugees and cuckoldry and we will be kingz again. You shall see.

No, it's more scandi than french to be quite honest. The grammar is scandi, all the most common words are scandi, the syntax is scandi. Fancy words are french, and americans don't even know fancy words, because they're dumb.

>it's more scandi than french
Nope.

The English language is mostly scandi and old english, and whatver old english came from is mostly gone. The French element came in later, which is mostly just fancy words.

>He took the knife and cut the steak.
Only "he", "the" and "and" come from Old English. The rest are scandi (None of these are french)

The grammar and syntax? Not even old english, it's scandinavian.

Most daily use words are scandi. But also grammatical words and morphemes are scandi. And the sentence structure is scandinavian. It's highly irregular to borrow the syntax and structure from one language and use it in another language, but that's what happened for English because of the scandinavians. English is scandi to the core, even if you would argue that French has given English a ton of words.

English doesn't sound nearly as faggy as Scandicuck languages though. What's up with that?

less elongation of vowels and a good balance between guttural and palatal sounds.

>Man, it feels good speaking a Germanic tongue

Yeah, you're righ... Wait what?

>Germanic tongue

>"""Germanic""" tongue

Haha

Dont worry Burgerbro, soon Mexicans will take over and you will speak a glorious romance language.

French people have a hard time learning English since it's a completely alien Germanic tongue to them

thelocal.fr/20141112/france-has-lowest-english-proficiency-in-eu

And Scandis have the easiest time because it's the closest thing. It's right in our faces really.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language
Language Family:
>Indo-European
>Germanic
>West Germanic
>FAnglo-Frisian
>Anglic
>English

To be honest, French people have troubles learning english because we have a retarded education system, whereas scandinavian countries education is way better.

im pretty sure face masks were a slav thing, hell even today no slav goes to war without balaklava

feels good man

>i dont understand lingusitics

>whereas scandinavian countries education is way better

If only you knew...

yes, many uncivilized people over time have done it/still do it

DELETE THIS NOW

Scandinavian education system is among the worst in the world.

It was based on Roman cavalry helmets

>le germanique

*Theedish

True. Norwegian is even closer to the angle tongue than Swedish because of the joint rule. If there's a word I don't use in Norwegian, it's usually a scandi version of english.

like window, vindauge, vindöga, wind eye.

You're supposed to speak it with one of those accents they've got in Northern England and Scotland.

I wish this wasn't true.

You don't say vindu/vindauge in Sweden?

true that. it is almost as simple as learning swedish if you are german.

They say vindöga, like he wrote.

I was looking up some of the words in the OP on wiktionary and I saw that glad means happy in English and North Germanic languages and smooth in all the other West Germanic languages.

Pretty intradesting desu

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Germanic/gladaz

But he said he doesn't say the word. I'm confused.

Scots better than English, it sounds like an English on steroids

youtube.com/watch?v=q0RXiIsC_7s
but the best languages ever is Polish and French

as i understadn it, icelandic and Faroese are one of those Germanic languages that have remained largely the same since its original attestation.
a faroese user once posted here that he could compare written faroese and old english and they'd be largely mutually intelligible.

Scots is the product of English with less Norman influence. Northumbria was an Anglo-Saon Kingdom that got fucked hard by Danelaw but largely dodged Norman conquest.

Southerners in the United States immigrated largely from Lowland Scotland and Northern England whereas folks from New England came from places like overcrowded East Anglia.

It onne of the reasons things like Kin (and Kindred), Folks, and other such Germanic-origin words are used in the south more often than the north where Latin-origin words like Family and People are used instead.

Yep, right down there with Somalia and North Korea.

>german and russian faggots wanted to destroy this language

youtube.com/watch?v=I9gPVPY7vPY

fuck off

it's master-race's tier

>not having wowel harmony
shit

We say fönster (from German fenster).

This
Turanian languages are supreme, Germanic """""""languages""""""" are primitive in their simplicity

>snow nigger Mongolian

t. moorcück

We were the first civilization on Earth, you Moorish filth. Sumerians spoke a superior agglutinative language and not a primitive Indo-European one.

Mother tongue in:
Sumerian: Eme-Gi
Finnish: Emä kieli
Estonian: Ema keel
Mongolian: Ekh khel
Turkish: Ana dil
Uzbek: Ona tili
Kyrgyz: Ene til
Manchu: Eniyengge gisun

>mek.oszk.hu/07200/07288/07288.pdf

>it's better because it's older
>Finncucks still believe this

I think Sven is waiting on his coffee, pekka.

>Finland, a country that was cucked by sweden for 700 years
Yeah I'm sure your language is far superior

This is true, I tried learning a bit of Norwegian for shits and giggles and its like English with jumbled words.
Really cool how similar it is.

>WE WUZZ

>SHIEEEET

Stay mad, Indo-Eurocucks. You need ten words for what we can express with two.

WE WUZ SUMER KHANS

>isolate
>uralic
>uralic
>mongolic
>rurkic
>turkic
>turkic
>sino-tibetan
ok what the fuck

something, something pot calling the kettle black. in the kettle's own language. wonder why.

yeah, but when kolmivaihekilowattituntimittari and peruspalveluliikelaitoskuntayhtymäare those words you just look silly

>making words extremely long is the height of sophistication

>isolate
That's an Indo-Europeanist meme

WE

Sumerian is a language isolate my dude, like Basque

if youre not from pic related, then you speak a meme """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""language"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

WUZ

ahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry partner, we're literally the aryan master race.

Sure it it is lad

>users.cwnet.com/millenia/Sumerian-Parpola.htm

Indo-Eurocucks try to rob us of our glorious past because they can't deny the fact that Sumerian was agglutinative

>merican
:D:D:D::D:D:D:D::D:D

>Indo-Europeans
>Related

>This is the so-called "family tree" theory which claims that the Indo-European languages and peoples originate from a single common ancestral language, people and homeland, based on Grimm's linguistic theory of sound change. So far all attempts at locating the presumed ancestral Indo-European homeland and to reconstruct the hypothetical ancestral Indo-European language have failed. The evidence suggests that there were no single Indo-European common ancestral language, people and homeland, but that the Indo-European languages and peoples evolved from a complex process of cultural and ethno-linguistic convergence and hybridization among various proto-Indo-European and non-Indo-European peoples, including Turanians. The failure of Indo-European linguistics is due to the fact that many words which are assumed to be of Indo-European origin are in fact of Sumerian origin, but Indo-European linguists simply continue to ignore this because of the erroneous belief that Sumerian was an "isolate" language (Götz, 1994).

>being grandchilds of neanderthals and poos
>""""master race"""

you literally described it as related

what more, you posted the largest linguistic meme of all time

>Altaic /ælˈteJᵻk/ is a proposed language family of central Eurasia, now widely seen as discredited.[1][2][3][4] Various versions included the Turkic, Mongolic, Tungusic, Koreanic, and Japonic languages.[5] These languages are spoken in a wide arc stretching from northeast Asia through Central Asia to Anatolia and eastern Europe.[6] The group is named after the Altai Mountains, a mountain range in Central Asia.

its sad, a bunch of almond-eye'd primates wanted to be as grand as the Aryans, and so had to construct their own super-family from near nothing

>t*rk
xDDDDD

>Proto-Indo-European (PIE) is the linguistic reconstruction of the common ancestor of the Indo-European languages. PIE was the first proposed proto-language to be widely accepted by linguists. Far more work has gone into reconstructing it than any other proto-language, and it is by far the best understood of all proto-languages of its age. During the 19th century, the vast majority of linguistic work was devoted to reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European or its daughter proto-languages such as Proto-Germanic, and most of the current techniques of linguistic reconstruction in historical linguistics (e.g. the comparative method and the method of internal reconstruction) were developed as a result. These methods supply all of our knowledge concerning PIE, since there is no written record of the language.

>Scholars estimate that PIE may have been spoken as a single language (before divergence began) around 3500 BCE, though estimates by different authorities can vary by more than a millennium. A number of hypotheses have been proposed for the origin and spread of the language, the most popular among linguists being the Kurgan hypothesis, which postulates an origin in the Pontic–Caspian steppe of Eastern Europe. Features of the culture of the speakers of PIE, known as Proto-Indo-Europeans, have also been reconstructed based on the shared vocabulary of the early attested Indo-European languages.

where did you get your text from?

Here's some food for thought:

>“However, we may look upon the Altaic taxon from the other angle. That is, from the point of view of the degree of the dispersion of the Indo-European family, whose dispersion is greater (V= 223.79%), than that of the Altaic (V= 207.76%) taxon. This speaks for the Altaic theory. Really, if the majority of linguists support the idea of the Indo-European family, then one should think twice before rejecting the Altaic taxon as a family, because the compactness of Altaic is greater.”
english.fullerton.edu/publications/cln/clnarchives/2005fall/Tam-CompLanguage-rda.pdf

>Clueless Amerilard thinks proto-languages are anything but hypothetical

so because it's large, it can't be related?

we know about the Aryan migrations, but no such thing with the (likely nonexistant) Altaic folk exists.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_migrations

>i know more than the top linguists
t. Khan Spurdo of the Sinotibetan dynasty

>Here comes the Kurgan meme
Like clockwork

>paleoglot.blogspot.fi/2007/05/kurgan-hypothesis-is-hypothetical.html

yes it's a theory, are you also going to question Evolution, or Gravity?

Evolution and gravity are irrefutable, the Kurgan theory isn't.

we can "prove" none of them, but some things just make sense

finnish people seem very good at catching baits

>we can "prove" none of them
Exactly, so stop comparing it to evolution or gravity.

>americans don't even know fancy words, because they're dumb.

You're dumb. I mean that's just the whole collection of words at our disposable, millions and millions of them. The most commonly used words are Germanic, the structure is Germanic and the words children learn first when growing up are Germanic.

Which in turn is derived from the latin fenestra

we cannot prove evolution or relativity.

but you're an idiot if you can't see it, much like Proto Indo-European

which in turn derived from proto-italic and proto-indo-european

checkmate atheists

Evolution is a fact m8.

You can't prove what language the Kurgan people spoke, therefore your hypothesis will always remain a hypothesis.

>he dpesn't have gendered pronouns, nouns, verbs, and adjectives
step it up senpai

>English
It's a mongrel quasi-pseudo-""""language""""" that doesn't even belong anywhere. It's literally some mashed potato language that is a product of a bunch of barbarians not knowing how to talk to each other so they just tried by saying random words from various languges. It's like a Vietnamese prostitute and a Chilean miner asking for directions in Zimbabwe.

Croatian? I-is that a language, or a country, or both?

And yet it's still a dominate language worldwide, with British literature and music loved and adored the world over.

well then prove evolution and relativity for me

we treat it as fact because that's the sensible option, but since it cannot be proved it remains a theory

>British literature and music loved and adored the world over.
>British
That's not how you spell "American".

neither

He should've said Anglo.

kek, I you'd suddenly change the subject and mention America. And yes British literature is read around the world.

It isn't loved precisely BECAUSE of the language, though. People can indeed enjoy the language itself, but I think they generally are more interested in the content of the media.

We don't "treat" it as a fact, it is actually a fact. What exactly do you classify as proof? Tons of fossil and genetic evidence aren't enough for you?
Also, I don't think you know what "theory" means, the word theory when used in an academic background has much more weight to it than the normal colloquial usage. A theory is literally the highest level achievable.

Sure, people read Harry Potter, but mostly translated into their native language. Russian literature is also read all over the world.

>It isn't loved precisely BECAUSE of the language, though. People can indeed enjoy the language itself, but I think they generally are more interested in the content of the media.

The language helps, good use of the language is a joy to read obviously.

I can feel the blood of my Viking ancestors flowing in me with every word that I speak

Amazing feeling really and I feel sorry for nonwhites and non native English speakers they should just self exile to the Philippines