Want to buy cheap ebay thinkpad

>want to buy cheap ebay thinkpad
>all used models are covered in dirt and scratches
>all new models are so expensive I could just as well by new laptop models
What do? Is it possible to just replace the keyboard and clean the rest with 99%alc?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DLzi204HicU
youtu.be/YDiw-P2mELw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, the touchpad would cost around 50-60$ to replace, is it possible to just clean the disgusting grease and toilet stains out of that?

install gentoo

doing a complete clean is a standard procedure for any used laptop, find one that's not too dirty and re-build it.
be careful tho, I've got some that had literal shit on them

What parts can I clean, what needs to be replaced? I was going to replace the keyboard anyway because I need a different language layout. The palmrest + touchpad is a lot more expensive to replace, on the other hand I don't want to use stained hardware.

you can scratch off the rough surface of the mousepad and then desinfect it too. works like beforw bit is super smooth then.
i bought some thinkpads and just did the same you plan to do

buy raspberry pi

actually those touchpads are stickers which are very cheap to buy and replace, you pull off the old sticker and if you want then you put a new one on top of it

Never buy used portable electronics dumbass.

elaborate

Just rub them down with rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. Why is this even a thread?

why would i want to put literal shit on a laptop that i just bought?

>literal shit

Don't put shit on your laptop, put rubbing alcohol on it.

This true,mostly second hand stores literally melt died motherboards for expand the life of it approximate 8-9 months more so when the warranty expires the computer mystically die
How i know that? Because i worked on second hand stores

Are you high?

the shit is on the toothbrush

Why do you have shit on your toothbrush?

i dont have to explain myself to you. and why a toothbrush instead of a papertowel or washcloth?

Because a toothbrush will clean down in the grooves and between the keys. They're good for cleaning everything. Buy a pack at the dollar store, or just save your old toothbrushes.

youtube.com/watch?v=DLzi204HicU

Yes, reballing a GPU isn't a secret, m8. All these ThinkPads are just off-lease units that big corporations dump after the warranty expires. Lurk moar.

>save your old toothbrushes
lol no. but i will consider buying the pack at the dollar store thanks user.

Make sure you get the blue toothbrushes, they clean better than the yellow or pink ones.

Are you for real? I literally bought a T410 with an i3 and 6gb of memory that looks brand new for like £60 a few days ago, do some research or lrn2ebay you brainlet.

wait are you serious?

laptopcloseout had some t420s a while back, i got one for like 250

Nah, I'm just fucking with you. The yellow brushes are the best.

Are you serious?

Why would you pay that much? You can get them for half that all day long on eBay.

i'm just gonna go ahead and hide this thread

not in canada (which is why I paid that much)

also 1 year warranty

Even euro prices aren't that high. Where are you?

I sold my pristine x230t for $325, bought it for 185, replaced the palmrest.

youtu.be/YDiw-P2mELw

ontario, at the time I was searching price was 220 US for a t420 on ebay, with 25 dollar shipping and a 90 day warranty. I went for a 250 shipping included + 1 year warranty. I may have slacked on my searching, but at the time it seemed ok.

Don't shit on your laptop pajeet. How will you run Microsoft support without it?