Do you ever feel like Linux is a major waste of your time Sup Forums?

Do you ever feel like Linux is a major waste of your time Sup Forums?

Not really. Shit it gives me something to do other than lay down, jack off, and waste away.

or in other words it makes me feel a bit more productive.

Linux helps me to manage my time just perfect. Once it's well configured it works like a charm.

exactly! my network drivers on my home server broke for the 3rd time, so now i have to fix it again. SO PRODUCTIVE

No, since I'm smart enough not to use it.

>professional golfer spends his entire life playing golf
>very good at golf
>one day decides to switch to baseball
>isn't immediately very good at baseball
Do you ever feel like baseball is a major waste of your time?

No, I would say using Windows/OSX and forever wallowing in illiteracy and retardation is a waste of time.
How exactly does a driver "break"?

Quite the opposite actually. My laptop takes 8 seconds to boot debian as opposed to minutes on end when it had windows installed.

>booting
>too dumb for Windows so he has to use MS-DOS

It runs a lot better on my laptop than Windows 10, so actually no.

you know what I meant baitey user

>conflates work and accomplishment

it uses the wrong driver again despite blacklisting it

Sometimes keeping up with updates gets annoying and feels like a waste of time. I maintain 4 Arch installs, 1 ubuntu desktop, 1 ubuntu server, and a Proxmox machine. Reality is, I can update all of the Arch installs quicker than my single Windows machine, it just feels like a hassle sometimes.

is the meme about everything breaking every update in arch based in reality, or retardation?

It's a stupid meme.

The only broken thing was vlc. To fix it i had to delet config dir. Shitty bugs in systemd can be moar annoying.

It's a leftover meme from the old days. I started using Arch a few years ago and have only had a couple of issues, and you can't even really call them issues because my system still worked, although poorly. However, the fixes for everything were posted in the forums. The last issue I can remember was when Infinality became deprecated and I had to replace it. Keep in mind, the Wiki had warned against using Infinality in the first place, so it was my own fault.I think Arch on laptops is where alot of the problems come from and desu, laptops can be problematic on any distro.

Only if its a rolling release distro.

Yes, as any non-meme OS, but unfortunately I have to use them.

No, the Debian installs on my server and RasPi have been working perfectly fine for years.