W-what if youtube started blocking adblocker?

w-what if youtube started blocking adblocker?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'd block the anti adblocker with no survivors

but what if they blocked the anti-adblocker?

They already do that that's why you need to update the database from time to time...

what if you actually supported the content you consumed?

It's just a pointless exercise, conventional advertisements don't work, or at least Google serving parameters need LOTS of work.

>browsing YouTube
>not just using mps-youtube or something

Because they will without a doubt find a way to jew out their """supporters""" as well.

Encoding the ads into video is going to be the way forward, advertisers just need to let go of their cpm's and move to a views/exposure based model.

But how else am I going to keep up to date with all my subscriptions?

I don't use their player to view videos. Block away.

what if I don't want to do that just like I don't bother watching tv ads or skip ads on magazines?

>Not using uBlock Origin

>he doesn't block ads through DNS with his router

I am genuinely surprised they haven't, seriously, why don't they? Whose respect are they trying to preserve? Ad-blocking isn't a right.

>Don't mind me, I'm just watching youtube without viewing the ads"

Then they'd stop trying so hard, would ossify into what had seemed to work, and sit on the beach counting their filthy lucre instead. PLUS I'd now be down on the deal financially and/or have a grotesquely infected machine

I'd rather donate than watch a single ad

>interrupt my media consumption with advertisement
this is why no one likes TV
this is why I torrent every movie I watch

rss

>what if they stopped me from manipulating the DOM after receiving it
what

>stealing stock images

The content is only worth watching because there is no cost(monetary or time) associated with it, when a cost is associated to it by the producer or platform I as a consumer value it at nothing or rather value other things more highly.

More important I don't understand this trend, you say "support" as if it's normal for people to pay for other people's hobbies, it doesn't cost anything to make a video and publish it on YouTube, I've used the service for years and they've never harassed me about anything despite the fact that I upload a lot of huge videos that would be somewhat difficult to host on my own. I'd rather support YouTube than YouTube-ers, they don't really deserve anything since they're not paying the hosting bills and they'd put content out regardless of ad revenue or not, YouTube isn't a career. This whole thing feels like people who want to live a lifestyle more exorbitant than they can afford and expect others to pay for it for them, people do this with websites all the time and it blows my mind, how can you expect someone else to pay your hosting fees for your web site, it's yours, you wanted to make it and host it, you really expect people to pay for your hobby? Come on now.

Every time someone makes an anti adblocker, an anti anti adblocker comes out to circumvent it.

They will never stop ad blocking, and they will never stop pirating, and user will never stop trying to guilt trip us for doing both. It's not stealing; you're just not getting paid.

r u vc

Great, the worst tripfag is also a thief

Right?

nigger

i also do this

How do I support Mozart or some fuck that is already dead?

Dummy, adblockers don't work, Google is already injecting ads into your brain without you knowing.

I'd unironically buy youtube red

Switch to watching videos on my phone exclusively via Newpipe. Worst case scenario I'd stream videos onto MPV.

I'd switch to pihole, piholes unblockable

they should
i think they loose a lot of money from youtube and they might close it

tmux (w3m -> mpv)
w3m' c - peek current URL
tmux' ^B+[G\$hy^B+(c|window|pane)
mpv ^B+p\

easy and fast

The adblockers would adapt.
It's a lost fight.

If they do something that is not invasive,not horrible and that allow YOU to pick the kind of commercials you want to see yes, it would be nice.
I actually would white list youtube if they allowed me to choose the country of origin of the ADs, instead of forcing the very horrible brazilian commercials down my throat.

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md

You means Spiderman Elsa Syringe Poop gone Sexual prank?

They don't need to once they sprinkle some DRM and unskippable ads on the videos.

in b4 DRM

Since ad runs on my computer, the users will always have the advantage.

In some sort of ads-v-blocker arms race, the users will always win, barring any political or social coercion.

This tbqh
My time is worth more than the red price. But I don't have it now because I can adblock and I don't feel a moral obligation to stop blocking ads

3 minutes of [spoiler]unskippable[/spoiler] ads before every 50 second video

oy vey goyim know

youtube-dl

Google music has a 3 month free trial, it comes with youtube red. Cancel as soon as you start the free trial so it doesnt auto renew and cancelling still gives you full 3 months

more than 3 seconds delay until I can start watching. how about no?

I would switch to an adblocker that bypasses youtube's block. Or I would modify youtube's JavaScript to not display that shit. Or create a chrome extension that activates when I go to youtube, and removes everything besides the videos. It would become a basic ass website.

Everything besides videos and the search engine. Need that shit.

More importantly, it seems sankakus booru went there first. Can't see any of the pics anymore, just thumbnails in the search.

can you please explain how that works?

Block the ad domain with your host file

I barely watch jewtube videos to begin with.

It's fucked up because of the recording. It doesn't take this long.

Use pic related as a firefox extension and the script at /home/user/.config/mpv/play is just
#!/bin/bash

quality=1080
log=/tmp/firefox_mpv.log

if [[ "${@: -1}" == *"youtube"* ]]; then
format=--ytdl-format="bestvideo[height

What's with the rm-f and touch bullshit? Just leave the log there.

I don't remember user. I think at some point mpv wasn't happy about the log file being there already

It already does. Hasn't anyone else been suffering (sometimes 30 minute--no shit, they have infomercials) ads before YouTube videos? uBlock Origin no longer blocks them.

Not many people seem to be complaining though, so I'm wondering if it's something somehow only happening to me.

Improvedtube extension.

>Improvedtube extension
>Installing anything extensions beyond HTTPSEverywhere, uBO, NoScript, and Lastpass
But...

you can not consume intangible things like videos or music you retard

i have it whitelisted on youtube i consider the ads non intrusive and not misleading so i whitelist the website the minute there is an add that drops down and pushes the content i came to see away i will block them as well though

Tripfag is entirely correct. Theft implies deprivation of use.

I do. I only really use Youtube for listening to music (rarely) and they're from albums I've bought. The people who upload the music usually tend to upload pirated rips so I think I'm in a better position than they are.

w-what if i lose 5 seconds of my life again

I just disable JavaScript, I didn't like the infinite pagination thing anyways. Funny how I moved from gelbooru due to obtrusive anti adblocking measures.

I haven't been to Hulu in years, but last time I was there they had really aggressive anti-adblock measures.

If an ad wouldn't load due to an adblocker, they make you wait some amount of time that is longer than if you just watched their ads. It would be bothersome if YouTube did this.

Though, that would make me start watching youtube videos using youtube-dl exclusively to circumvent this.

use newpipe faggot
>he doesn't watch youtube on his phone
what a fucking huge faggot

I do use newpipe on my tablet.

I tend to only use my tablet when laying in bed

I think that is just the actual youtube content.
There are entire channels that only do advertisement.
They are often shown on this site as well as "what you you think about "
I just block them with the filter.

>he doesn't donate to his favorite content creators instead of viewing their ads

just usr openWith instead of this

Doesn't work, if you try to open any of the pics it just shows a blank frame and the original file link gives 403 error.

And now it's cloudflare error for the whole site. Good riddance, sankaku.

>giving jewgle your CC info

I'm not sure what you mean, nor have I seen ads on this site. The ads I mean are those that turn the seekbar of the video yellow and play before your video does. They must be served internally by YouTube because that's how they defeat adblockers. It's a technique many feared would be coming down the pike as ad blocking proliferated: making ads unblockable.

>making ads unblockable
That is, if they play in the same container as the content you want and can't be excised in HTML and if you don't use any kind of third party ripper that grabs the video file, which is still mercifully possible.

I was talking about technigger, linus and those guys.
I have never seen what you are describing

you support the performers and people who recorded it