Which is better, C++ or Java?

Which is better, C++ or Java?
>inb4 [another language that isn't C++ nor Java]

modern C++ or as I recently happen to call it - Rust.

C#

Why would you call C++17 Rust?

C

You made this thread already

simply ebin

kys

javascript

JS is the worst non-esoteric language ever invented.

>non-esoteric

c++ is better imo I personally would avoid java

C++ with the bullshit code-breaking useless bloat removed, i.e. C.

Which is better, Apples or Oranges?
>inb4 [another fruit that isnt Apples or Oranges]

C++ and Java are used for the same shit, though.

One can be used on different CPU architectures and the other one runs at native speed in a specific CPU architecture.

So C++ is superior?

C++, but only using the class shit for things that actually need class shit.

Trying to do everything as class because "muh design philosophy" is quite stupid.

Also check your buffers and doubles.

Java sucks, it's much worse than C++. It's slow, bugged and cannot be executed as binary program.

Java with Microsoft sprayed all over it nice

C++ is a real language

Java is android phone's sandboxed embedded language and AP computer science

I know I'm in the minority but I fucking hate Java but comparing languages on the criteria which is "better" is stupid.
Also learn C++ if you're able to every other language should be much more simple to you.

What, because Oracle is better? You only think it's not because you aren't an enterprise customer

HolyC

Depends on what you are doing... cross platform pajeet apps? High performance computing?

you need to let go of the idea that one language is superior to the rest of them. a programming language is a tool to get something done. pick the right tools for the right job.
if you're worried you'll learn a language you won't use: don't. you need to learn how to program not how to use a specific language and you can learn that with any language.
when you get better and you have the basic principles of good code then you can get into programming paradigms and then the language will matter but by then you'll know which one to pick and why.

Depends on what you're doing. If stability is the main concern, use Java. If efficiency is important, use C++.

Whichever is appropriate for the fucking problem at hand.

I know both. Java is way easier to learn and make useful stuff with. If you have some experience with programming and want to make simple apps that run everywhere go with that. If you want to develop resource critical software such as games go with C++. If you have no other experience with programming you're way better off learning a little C or Python first (C will teach you better, Python will be easier and you can evolve it into actual working stuff. C is only used for low level specialized stuff like operating systems, drivers, some AI and shit like that).

btw Java and C++ are both based on C but learning Python instead of C won't make that big of a difference.

Ruby

Hey mate. I am this guy I was actually just looking at Ruby because I keep seeing it being used in all the good projects, as is javascript. I was also looking at Rust since I'm great at C and systems programming and it looks like the future in that. Why would you recommend Ruby instead of say Node.js? I really want to learn something good for the web and am between that and Rails.

it's easier get a job with java and I personally like the detailed that is the language