Hey Sup Forums a crazy client of mine (I'm a software consultant) wants to buy me a new laptop right now

Hey Sup Forums a crazy client of mine (I'm a software consultant) wants to buy me a new laptop right now.

I always been using Macbook Pros or XPS for PCs but now I'm teared apart between models. I want something up-to-date (i7 kaby lake, 16gb ram) but the fucking macbook pro touchbar makes me mad!

The fact that you can't purchase a macbook pro without a touchbar with a 3.1ghz CPU! Which is plain retarded.

The question here is which pro laptop would you recommend for software development, very good build quality, good trackpad and screen quality as well. Any suggestions?

I'm from Canada so offers available here would be a plus. Under 5000$ too if possible since I know that client is crazy but maybe not THAT crazy lol

If anyone has a current macbook pro with touch bar, how is it? How is the touchbar? What happens on Windows? Is there a driver to even fucking see the F-keys? Also what about that sucky butterfly keyboard? Is it workable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OEBW7goTg2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get a thinkpad nigga

model suggestions?

> inb4 T420 or X220 kind of shit (already have both)

lol nice reddit spacing fag

Thinkpad p70

ThinkPad are garbage. Get a Dell mobile workstation

reddit spacing? wtf is this shit?

fuck off newfig

Thanks for the suggestion, I used to like my old Dell XPS workstation.

Looking pretty good

get a desktop rig retard

I'm a CONSULTANT, I'm on the road. I don't really see myself bringing a 21:9 monitor with a mechanical keyboard and a huge ass mouse to my client's place for work. ;-)

Any t or x is fine. Depends on your preferences. Also w if you need some serious power.

then get an acer predator 21x if you need something portable

youtube.com/watch?v=OEBW7goTg2M

Thinkpad T470p, P51, or P71
If it's a "money is no problem" deal, make sure to max out the warranty

1. You have a software business and clientele
2. You already have enough equipment to build software at fast speed, presumably
3. You have a client who wants to get you a gift so you come to Sup Forums to see what they want

Who the fuck are you and what have you done with your own opinions

They're called "paragraphs", you illiterate fuck. You use them in writing when a shift in the subject, speaker, place, time etc occurs.

You are, quite simply, retarded, for not understanding this simple concept. You did pay attention in school, right?

Sounds like normie shit

Full stops go at the end of a sentence, buddy.

>Damn can't believe my 8th grade >English teacher found her way here. Still got a fat ass with no brain?

>he can't greentext properly
NORMIE GTFO.

Sounds great, I'll look them up!

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes

Just been using the same kind of machines for so long, there's new markets and new genres of laptop in the past years so I'm just wondering what other "pros" are using.

I always have one mac and one pc since I have to develop for iOS and test things on latest version of macOS so software are stable on new OS releases. So I don't mind having one new mac or pc, I already have a bunch of workstation already capable for all of this.

Also have one huge ass PC turned into a Hackintosh with serves as a an continuous integration machine.

Thanks for replying for myself, you served that retarded user a good lesson!

That's like pulling out a bazooka out of your pockets. I will meet clients with this machine, I don't want to be seen as a N33T L33TZ h4x0Rz g4m0rZ

It's funny to see how Macbook Pros and Thinkpads are still the way to go and I feel in 10 years they will still be the way to go hehe