What does Sup Forums think of Brave?

is it any good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4
digiday.com/marketing/ad-fraud-in-china/
en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Billing/ADWords-is-a-SCAM-DO-NOT-USE-IT/td-p/1114938
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shit logo.

dog slow

botnet

Piece of shit in Android.

Piece of shit on every platform

Yes, I use it as my my Firefox replacement.

they have an interesting concept about ads. Basically, web - ads are shit and they need to die. It's a better idea to make you pay to your most visited sites.
I can kinda understand their idea, though it's deeply flawed, because there are lot of websites that are really good but you don't have to spend a lot of time with them.

Best Android browser

I thought their idea was that ads need to revert back to static or near-static banners which I support 100%

The way I see it, they offer more than one solution depending on what you are looking for. Always protecting your privacy on the internet. So even if you want Ads they will be like the ones you just described. No tracking pixels, no invasive bullshit.

> I use it as my Firefox replacement.

Better than chromium

Better than Chrome on Android, mostly because of ad blocking.

All ads are theirs? It might be the jewest browser of all.

use it on android, am pleased. tried it on desktop but found it lacking extensions.

by default it simply blocks ads.

The ideas behind it are pretty cool, see As a browser, on desktop it's completely shit. Shit interface, problems rendering websites, lots of bugs, no support for a lot of important extensions.

On Mobile (Android) though, it's pretty good. Basically a Chrome with ad/track blocker that simply works.

Forked browsers are all memes.

I'm involved in some cryptotrader community and we had someone from Brave (like the fucking founder or something) come on because he was shilling some cryptotoken associated with Brave.

It really soured me on ever using Brave as an actual browser, since his token sounded like any other stupid ICO scam token.

Another shitty chromium-based browser with a bunch of bloat

It's just chromium with a bunch of adblocker shit.

I'm using it now, feels gud

It's surprisingly good. I think I've found my new favorite browser.

weird gui problems but pretty gud, I'll probably make it my main browser

Best android browser. Shit on desktop.

Can't access Sup Forums on iOS. Into the trash.

Hands down best Android browser. My go-to was Firefox with all the extensions, tweaks, bells & whistles... but after trying Brave for a short period, I simply couldn't go back to FF. It's so much faster on my S7E. And I find the extensions/adblocking capabilities more than adequate for a mobile browser.

I've even recommended it to a few friends and they've all switched as well.

Now if you're a Chrome user, and don't care about adblocking, or at least a bare minimum of some level of privacy, then there's no point in switching. Chrome is marginally faster. However, for everyone else, I recommend switching right now. You won't look back, desu.
>the desktop version is plain shit and simply lacking, however
Still keeping my eye on the project though. I'm cautiously optimistic, hoping it's something good in the future.

bretty gud
youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4

i'll make the logo

Lion > Fox

wtf why didn't you faggots tell me about this sooner. it's smooth as butter on my Redmi Note 3

All this sounds interesting on paper, but it requires some cardinal changes to how ads work, and Brave doesn't have the userbase to have any impact

First, giants like Google have to give up their business. Google's ad money allow them to build public network infrastructure and develop robotic fucking cars. Lmao, good luck with that.
Second, ad customers who are interested in getting highest CPI, will never switch to no-track ads. They will keep paying Google and Facebook because their ads will just work better for the same amount of money.
Third, websites and content creators have to cooperate with Brave. That's aboslutely poinltess with Brave's current non-existent userbase.

I mean, if Google tried to pull something like that, they would (probably) succeed because they have control over those factors. They have control over ads, people who buy ads, people who make content, they have large userbase… Brave has nothing.

>They will keep paying Google and Facebook because their ads will just work better for the same amount of money.

digiday.com/marketing/ad-fraud-in-china/
en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Billing/ADWords-is-a-SCAM-DO-NOT-USE-IT/td-p/1114938

>As a form of cyber crime, click fraud occurs when someone clicks on a “pay per click” advertisement to knowingly incur an expense to the advertiser and without intending to conduct business with that advertiser. Fraudulent clicks can be carried out by an individual, an online robot or bot, a computer program or an automated script.

Advertisers are also a victim of the current system.

Brave on Android is great. Haven't tried the desktop brand, and probably won't til full release.

I don't get why everyone acts retarded in regards to the Brave ad block and replacement.

I think that happens because they are doing lots of things and touching new areas of technology that are still not well-known for most people. Like Blockchain-based digital advertising.

>ad providers may participate in fraud
I don't see how this applies to Google yet it never ever may happen with Brave?
Plus it doesn't really address the initial statement: tracking ads are inherently better than non-tracking ads, because tracking ads are more relevant and have higher conversion rate as the result

As for pure donations, this niche is already taken by Patreon, and you don't have to change your browser to use it

I use it on my phone, its the same as chrome on phones

But on desktop its a fucking snail
It takes so long to load up and for some reason the window was never maximized when I'd open it
Along with that if I had any game on fullscreen on my main monitor and id click on the browser it would minimize the game because it is probably set as a priority program or some shit
I wanted to like it but the long load up was just a hassle and its priority over every fullscreen window was a joke

Chrome will do until they ever finish that gay netrunner project
I used to use Firefox but it didn't play well with my amd fx 8350 (poor website rendering, it was fine on my old apu)

Good but buggy. I switched back to firefox after getting tired of the way it handled tabs.

>Forked browsers are all memes.
this

Brave is a featureless browser, all the no-name browsers you find on Linux have 10x the features of Brave. Brave only got funding because Brenden Eich was behind it, but now it just turns out to be a go-nowhere scam to (((((monotize))))) ads by hijacking other peoples ads. The fact that it claims to be a secure browser while built on already existing browser technology makes it even more of a scam. I cant feel sorry for Brenden, he went from being a pariah to a common crook. I feel sorry for the engineers who got conned to working for this crook, I guess they will just ride this out till it loses funding.

You don't need a browser to do what brave does. You just been a add-on or something