Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from gays for past treatment

reuters.com/article/us-pope-church-idUSKCN0ZC12E

Does anyone actually like this guy aside from irreligious left wingers?

Other urls found in this thread:

thecatholicgeeks.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/dear-media-stop-lying-about-the-pope/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's wrong with that? Certainly better than the Muslims the left loves so much.

No.

Apologies are worthless, plus Christians have nothing against anyone.

I think he's the first somewhat sane pope in a long time.

Christians condemning and excluding gays and atheists always seemed fairly unchristian to me.

What is uncatholic and leftist about his statement?

Plus he knows Christianity will die out here if the church keeps going the same path they always did.

No, he's just the first Pope who is going out of his way in clearing some common misconceptions about the Catholic Church. He didn't really say or bring anything new.

nie szkaluj bo wpierdol

>Religion

Kek

>he knows Christianity will die out here if the church keeps going the same path they always did.
He is a Catholic. That means that he believes that the Church is guided by God. He is certain that Christianity cannot die otherwise he wouldn't be a Christian.

>his gold cross could somehow end world hunger

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Christianity teaches to only help those who want to help themselves.

Then what is prayer?

>Christians apologizing
Hold the fucking presses

Wishing the best to everyone. But you can't help everyone and certainly not those who refuse your help. You can try, of course.

I seriously think of becoming protestant.

Based Patriarch Kirill must send an orthodox priest to assinate this heretic whore.

And I finally feel that we have a Pope that represents me

Yeah, a Pope that goes against the principles of Christianity and the Catholic Church. Bring back Benedict XVI.

Christianity is about solidarity and compassion

You can go back to the Middle Ages with your DEUS VULT

>help those who want to help themselves.

That is basically every person in the world. Nobody needs a teaching to do that, we already do that by nature. I thought christianity was about thinking and caring about other people above yourself.

It won't. Nor this over hierarchized and corrputive thing you call church.

The alternative is going back to hating women gays, heathens and heritics. And you know what that makes you?
Islamic.
Be a tolerant christian or Islamic, your choice.

Nice projection.

>I thought christianity was about thinking and caring about other people above yourself.
And it is.

>I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Acts 20:35

But if you think that will solve poverty by itself, then it won't. Reality is not paradise.

stop with your argiephilia, Aquafresh

>But you can't help everyone and certainly not those who refuse your help.
Especially when all you're giving them is empty air directed at a conduit you're asking to free lunch them. Honestly, that doesn't sound much like your trying, more like you're just deluding your own conscience.

>That John, he's such an alcoholic heretic
>Best pray for him
>Now I feel better, because It's god's problem now

Even when I still identified as a Christian, prayer always seamed like such weak mental gymnastics to me. I still have a lot of respect and admiration for the Abrahamic faiths, but things like prayer ain't one of them, even when it's being done with the best of intentions.

>you're just deluding your own conscience
So is thinking that one single person can help everyone. And who runs the largest charity institutions worldwide? The Catholic Church.

>Does anyone actually like this guy aside from irreligious left wingers?
I liked him at the beginning, now I hate that guy

Cuck

Read the fucking Bible. The Pope is right. Heathens GTFO with your repressive Islamic fantasies.

I was actually going to argue that very point against But that has nothing to do with the matter of hand, which is prayer, the Christian way of asking god for a free lunch, the opposite of actively going out and doing some good in his name.

That is why you can pray and actually do something, user.

Christianity will die out if it appeals to those are irreligious and don't care for it in the first other than the fact that it's appealing to SJW shit.

Granted, the media likes to spin much of what he says, as he condemns faggot marriage amongst other things.

desu I liked Pope Benedict, pic related.

Catholic Church is one of the biggest, if not the biggest charity organization in the world. Also it's not just "lel sell all of the vatican + treasures", especially since most of the upkeep and restoration to keep these treasures are by the church itself, but to help those in underdeveloped countries be able to maintain themselves.

thecatholicgeeks.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/dear-media-stop-lying-about-the-pope/

You can probably learn more on /his/ to be honest, I don't have that many links saved.

Gaur, afhverju að sleikja rassgatið á Argentínskum ellismelli sem fer fyrir bjagaðri túlkun á fan-fic viðbót við trúarit sandnergra sem var skrifað á eiðimerkursveppum þegar að við eigum mikklu þjóðlegri guði og siði?

Or just do something instead of hesitating or worse, "putting it into god's hands"

>polshits still think gays should be discriminated against

what the fuck is wrong with you people

Þessi segir það best

What the hell are you talking about?

Christianity will die out, catholicism is already dead.

Read Revelation.

>half-truths

If you don't see that most of the flock will be led astray, and that Christianity will die, and that the holy spirit has left the world, you are one of those astray.

I am not upset by this pope, or Vatican II or anything, because it was already prophesied.

I know about Vatican II but God is Almighty.

God is almighty. But the world cannot be eternal. Christendom will die, the vast populous of the nations will all be led astray by demons, envy and pride, we will be hated, spat on and trampled in the dirt. All until Christ prevails for the final time.

This is the eternal and only truth of the Logos. Amen.

(((Netherlands)))