Other European capitals are keen for a slice of Britain's financial services industry which contributed 190 billion...

>Other European capitals are keen for a slice of Britain's financial services industry which contributed 190 billion pounds ($280 billion) to the economy in 2014, roughly 12 percent of economic output. Ireland said on Friday it had been in touch with firms considering relocating.

>The industry employs 2.2 million people in Britain including around 90 percent of U.S. investment banks' European staff and 78 percent of capital markets activity by the other 27 members of the EU taking place in the UK.

>Paris and Frankfurt are the two largest financial centers on the continent and are therefore seen as the most likely new locations for the EBA.

>The leading "Leave" campaigner and favorite to become the next prime minister Boris Johnson, said Britain would continue to have free trade "and access to the single market".

>But in Brussels, officials said it would be important to keep a tough line.

>"The UK cannot expect special treatment for the City of London during the exit negotiations," said Sven Giegold, a German Green EU lawmaker.

>Britain is also at risk of losing its prized "EU passport" if it fails to secure continued access to the bloc's single market.

>Many U.S. and Japanese banks rely on the passport to operate across EU capital markets unhindered while basing most of their staff and operations in London.

>The City could also lose its position as an important center for clearing financial transactions, the process of making sure that they proceed smoothly.

>Securities transactions are expected to surge in the EU as a result of that new financial infrastructure but London now looks unlikely to reap the benefits of this growing market.

reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-finance-idUSKCN0ZC152

RIP Great Britain

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/currency
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't wait for Scotland to become independent

No Polish vermin will take your jerbs when there will be no jerbs

Excellent plan, Boris! I can see this was well-thought-out

>inb4 anglo defence force

So... will the Germans win at last this time?

You people are such cowards.

at least you got rid of the poles amirite

>financial services industry
Britain will have to find itself a *real job*, instead of lending people money. Without the banks there is no more multiculti London.The rats and cockroaches will move elsewhere.

I warned you about the economic repercussions of uncertainty f_a_m.

>Real jobs

I don't think serving lattes at Tim Horton's qualifies as a real job.

I'm talking about research or industry instead of global Pawn Shops. Toronto functions similarly to London. Other than maybe research in unversities and one or two factories nothing "useful" happens here.

>Hey bro lets leave this union it sucks
>Ok then I'll resign and you guys can take over and do that in the next 2 years
>Woah! Slow down, no need to rush it
>We'll keep access to the single market if we ask nicely
>Also let's keep our EU passports
>We'll have to make sure London is still the financial capital of the EU as well somehow

You dumb fucks.

FEARMONGERING

The ruling government, the establishment and """smart""" money bet on Remain. Instead of preparing they were scaremongering.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/currency

god help us

it's okay bro. it surely will recover in weeks heck maybe days or hours.

>Britain will have to find itself a *real job*, instead of lending people money

been there done that, we're now an advanced service based economy (nearly 80% of GDP is services)

>ywn be a british trader jumping off the shard as you hear that brexit won the vote.

>Give me liberty or give me death!
What did he mean by this you communist faggot?

The business analysts already said that the changes will be minor.

Then again, if Britain fails to get a good deal, well who knows.

>advanced service based economy
>advanced
That's some loaded language.
There is nothing advanced about producing curry.

there isn't anything advanced about chopping down trees, either.

Well fuck that muslim tower. Why does London have these tacky mussels and russians building towers that are taller than anywhere in Europe? Don't they understand we just don't do that in Europe (since maybe Eiffel tower) and that they are only making themselves look ridiculous?

Top 50 tallest buildings, none in Europe. Feels good and I hope Russians will fucking understand the European way.

You called?

>>Paris and Frankfurt are the two largest financial centers on the continent and are therefore seen as the most likely new locations for the EBA.
Thanks for the fusion lads

As someone living right next to Frankfurt this will blow money right up my anus and will probably even raise the worth of my property since the next few years will see a rise in demand

I hope Paris becomes the financial centre desu, we already have enough Germanophobia going around in the EU.

>Paris
>financial centre

'no'

If substantial financial activity comes to France, it will get taxed to death in the following years.

Also the traders will get their Porsche keyed by angry frogs. And they will get taxed between 65% to 100% of their personal income. And the tax man will audit them until they leave. Etc.

You cannot trust the French with money. Knights Templar were burned for the same reason, back in the day.

>please bring money my friend :)
>thanks, now I can kill you and take all your money
>t. French government

What alternatives do you suggest? The manufacturing sector is a backwards step for a developed country's economy. Sad but a true reality of capitalism

Hey, you guys are like us

FFU (French-Finnish Union) when?

We'll just tax everyone at 100% to fund a state-sponsored program of ebin memes creation :DDDDD

To any of the people who voted to leave I have one question. WHHYYYYY?

To recover sovereignty instead of being swallowed in a EU state that will abolish all nations at some point.

muh immigration
muh independence
muh nhs