For those of you who have a Ryzen CPU, I want to buy a 1700X but I have a few concerns :

For those of you who have a Ryzen CPU, I want to buy a 1700X but I have a few concerns :
- What's your fan and how's the temp when you're idle ? And when you play games ?
- Does it have compatiblity issues with nvidia cards ?

I only play casually and usually not the last big game, I'm just wondering if I should buy one or not

Thanks

ryzen is a meme, don't listen to anything Sup Forums says, buy intel instead

It's a lottery, ymmv.

Shouldn't be any compatibility issues with NVidia. What GPU were you going to pair it with?

I have a GTX660 that my friend gave me, not planning on updating it

1600 is the best bang for your buck. Easily gets to 3.6 to 3.8 on stock cooler. Rx480 so I dont know about Nvidia but I'm really happy with my purchase. I only upgrade every 5 years or so, and was coming from a x4 640, so it was a massive upgrade.

What games do you play?

You should be fine with that GPU, you will be heavily GPU bottlenecked in everything to play on that.

my 1600x has no problems with my nvidia gtx1080ti. It had no problems with my gtx 760 either but I only ran it like that for a couple weeks.

I might be talking out of my ass but you might find that on board graphics with the r7 are better than your 660

You are talking out of your ass because none of the Ryzen CPUs to date have integrated GPUs.

Thank you, $0.2 has been deposited into your Intel® Shill Account®

i have a [email protected] with stock cooler idle temps are in the low 40's and while gaymes it's somewhere between 50 and 65 degree, depending on the gayme

>What's your fan and how's the temp when you're idle?
I have a Corsair ML locked to 60% speed on a NH-U12S cooler. Idle is roughly 3-4 C above ambient (27.5 C).
>And when you play games?
Never reaches 60C.
>Does it have compatibility issues with nvidia cards?
1600x + GTX 1070 = Gaming perfection

Lol calling a new, innovative and competitive architecture a Meme

good goy

You're an idiot.

>- Does it have compatiblity issues with nvidia cards ?

Why do you even come here?

samefag

then what are the ports on the back of my ab350 motherboard for? I have hdmi and dvi coming straight off the am4 motherboard.

for unreleased products.

Lmao, wut?

They're for the APUs coming out later in the year dummy.

Got a [email protected]. Sadly no pstate overclock so idle for me is higher than it would have to be, but it's still cool enough for me to not care.

>What's your fan
Noctua NH-D15
>idle
A few degrees C over ambient @ ~550 RPM
>play games
Below 60C

>Does it have compatiblity issues with nvidia cards ?
None that I know of. Haven't had any issues with my GTX 1060.

If you are doing any kind of productivity, be it compiling, archiving, rendering or just heavy multi-tasking Ryzen is really good value. However, if you only plan on gaming I'd say a 7700k is the better choice.

>being this uninformed
Why are you here?

1. I currently have a 1700X OC with the Phononic Hex 2.0 Cooler w/ a 1060

avg. temps idle has been 28 degrees c
avg. temps under load seems to be 36-56 degrees c so far

2. No

>Being this Jewish and backwards minded
"duuuh I didn't like them before so I refuse to like them now, brand loyalty because any change sets off my autism duuh"

The stars are falling faggot dont chase them